Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your help. Are you sure Jetway is a good brand?

I don't want to regret not buying Asus just to save 500 bucks.
jetway is supposed to be one of the best at this priceband.
and if you saw my links, you may notice that guys gave slightly more points to jetway than asus, making jetway the best and asus just below it.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
available but you may have to pay extra cash for some thing which isnt very populer :lol: anyway whats your need ?? I mean these boards have different purpose so whats the need ??

Hey... i think u are from Kolkata...

i want a good motherboard... i will be buying a Q6600 with a XFX 512MB GeForce 8800GT card... I might go for 4GB or 8GB ram.,,, but need a good motherboard... i am not a overclocker and will use the factory settings... I just want the board to be upgradable so if it has a SLI feature then it will help... but if i can get a better board without SLI then i can sacrifuce on that as well...

My main purpose is working in 3D applications and ofcouse games...

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
So I guess not a good time to buy a SLi Setup :( P5N32-E SLi is right now the best one can get in Kolkata :( where as its older 680i SLi however the 780i SLi is already put but no board can be found in India :(

anyway, its old that doesnt mean its bad...

My suggestion when you are spending so much money, Get the system just 45 to 60 days letter if possible as by the 45nm Quads will be in the market :)

i am not a overclocker and will use the factory settings...

Personal question, why wont u OC ?? if no OC, think for Spider Platform :) as will offer better value for money compare to Intel setup :lol:

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
So I guess not a good time to buy a SLi Setup :( P5N32-E SLi is right now the best one can get in Kolkata :( where as its older 680i SLi however the 780i SLi is already put but no board can be found in India :(

anyway, its old that doesnt mean its bad...

My suggestion when you are spending so much money, Get the system just 45 to 60 days letter if possible as by the 45nm Quads will be in the market :)

Personal question, why wont u OC ?? if no OC, think for Spider Platform :) as will offer better value for money compare to Intel setup :lol:

Actually i will not be able to wait long as this machine is due for last 3 months already and i need to get a new one as my desktop is really in bad state... and i am giving a lot of load on my Laptop.... please suggest me what to do... and abt overclocking i have no idea how to do that and where to start that from...

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
and abt overclocking i have no idea how to do that and where to start that from...

really simple, all you do is, go in BIOS change the FSB from Default 1066 to a higher one :lol: thats it :lol:

problem ?? it will process in higher speeds so would generate heat, solution, run software like Core Temp or PC Wizard which will allow you to monitor the temps, and these Core2 processors are real good over clockers, I can run Q6600 with ABiT IP35-Pro at 3 GHz stable by just increasing the FSB from 1066 MHz to 1333 MHz no other cooling hardwarre is needed !!!

FSB = External Clock x 4

Clock Speed = FSB x Multiple

Default FSB is 1066 MHz so which means External Clock of 266 MHz so your Q6600 with multiple 9 runs at 266x9 2400 MHz or 2.4 GHz :)

anyway... Get your self the P5N32-E SLi :) but at this point buy Intel Pentium Dual Core E2140 which is Rs. 2300/- + TAX in market, wait for the 45 nms they will be worth to wait :) so when they come, just replace the procy with Q9450 or higher if u can afford :D

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
^ overclocking is easy and he can guide u pretty well.. :D
boards without Sli are good in overclocking only and some in stability too.frankly u can put any board at present for 3yrs high end use if ur other components are good.and as you are buying good ram and proccy + future sli-its not gonna be an issue with u.
780i is available on erodov for 14.5k i think.but its not worth spending that much.P5N32sli rocks

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
780i is available on erodov for 14.5k i think.but its not worth spending that much.P5N32sli rocks

No local warranty :( thats the problem and really just what 780i allows over 680i is 3 way SLi PCI 2.0 and native 45nm support but with just a BIOS update u get the 5 nm support even now days asus is releasing the baords with up2date BIOS :lol:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
yup..and from my own experience there was nothing like "OMG!!" in 780i..except for the boards sexy design and cooler :lol:
and i can never understand the use of standard capacitors on these boards..why do they do that?

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
So u want me to buy the rest with a low end processor ... and then upgrade it later... what will be the cost of that processor when it comes to the market

If u r a student then get the same 8800GT card, if you r professional into 3D Applications then skip it & get a quadro

what is a Quadro... i also like playing games...

Last edited:

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
If u r a student then get the same 8800GT card, if you r professional into 3D Applications then skip it & get a quadro

expected Rs. 12000/- + 4% VAT how ever as the replace the Q6600 it would come down real soon to the 10.9k mark :)

Sorry i have a lot of questions as i am a NOOB in all this... will this processor work with the other components i will be buying./.. and what do u recommend buying a SLI board... and also will 8GB ram work with Windows and this motherboard efficiently...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
what is a Quadro... i also like playing games...

nVidia Quadro are professional graphics cards made for AutoCAD, 3Ds Max, Maya & other professional OpenGL graphics applications. The gaming performance sux on Quadro as they are not made for gaming.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
nVidia Quadro are professional graphics cards made for AutoCAD, 3Ds Max, Maya & other professional OpenGL graphics applications. The gaming performance sux on Quadro as they are not made for gaming.

Well then it is a problem.. i am a game lover and like playing them a lot... just completed Crysis and waiting for the new machine to play Company of heros

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
i can confirm that 8gb ram Corsair 4096-6400-C5DHX works on this board with Vista X64 but we have to raise northbridge voltage to prevent all crashes..trust me 8gb ram makes no sense for a 3d artist\gamer.it will be helpful if you are into multimedia-esp audio
yes proccy will work with those components :)

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Sorry i have a lot of questions as i am a NOOB in all this...

we are all noobe in some field :D

will this processor work with the other components i will be buying...

yes...

and what do u recommend buying a SLI board...

best would be 780i off course but u cant get in here in India, so any 680i board which I would say reflects to ASUS P5N32-E SLi

In india by chance u may get ASUS P5N-D but then again price would be real high for u :lol:

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
i can confirm that 8gb ram Corsair 4096-6400-C5DHX works on this board with Vista X64 but we have to raise northbridge voltage to prevent all crashes..trust me 8gb ram makes no sense for a 3d artist\gamer.it will be helpful if you are into multimedia-esp audio
yes proccy will work with those components :)

then i can stick to 4GB ram... isnt it..

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@ choto whats the cost of P5N-D?isnt it similar to the new board by MSI?

Not yet in Kolkata :| expected another 7 dsays to the main distributer which makes 10 days to retail store, hard to provide any idea how ever dealers saying close to P5K-VM :cry:

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
I just saw some reviews abt P5N32-E Sli and sounds good to me...

So finally i am getting one Core Duo processor
Asus P5N32E Board
4GB Corsiar ram if available in Kolkata at 800MHz..
XFX 8800GT 512 GeForce Graphic card
Cooler Master SMPS (600Watts) with cabinet
LightScribe writer (if available in Kolkata)

Any other suggestion... And Choto do u recommend any specific shop in Kolkata...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom