Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkey

Padawan
we are all noobe in some field :D

yes...

best would be 780i off course but u cant get in here in India, so any 680i board which I would say reflects to ASUS P5N32-E SLi

In india by chance u may get ASUS P5N-D but then again price would be real high for u :lol:

EVGA 780i SLI MoBo is already available in India for Rs. 15k. It carries 3 years national warranty too. :)

Check here: *www.yantraonline.in/ProdDetails.asp?ItemCode=577

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
^ products will be shipped to EVGA in case of any trouble .national warranty is nothing but shipping is free.since EVGA has no roots in india

monkey

Padawan
When I had enquired them I was told that the warranty will be handled in India itself. Actually after enquiring this only had I started to save money for my new rig. ;)

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
^ yea its pretty much the same thing which i told.warranty handled in india=no shipping cost to the user.and guess what-they are acutually selling it for a higher price than erodov.and in case even if u ship it to USA for replacement still total cost (board + replacement) is less than what u pay yantra for the board.

EVGA has no support in india-ask abt that in EVGA forum ;)

Last edited:
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
So finally i am getting one Core Duo processor

Core Duo is not supported by P5N32-E SLi and I dont think there is any Core Duo desktop LGA775 model !!!

why would you want Core Duo ??

4GB Corsiar ram if available in Kolkata at 800MHz..

1 GB Modules are available but no 2 GB Single module from Corsiar in kolkata t any reasonable price... better order from any National Online store !!!

LightScribe writer (if available in Kolkata)

They are !! :) and widelly :D

Any other suggestion...

Why Core Duo man ?? didnt get the point... Get a Pentium Dual Core E2140 and wait for 45nm Q9450 :D

And Choto do u recommend any specific shop in Kolkata...

None :lol: all are same... do take price of all Store which ever offers lowest go with them :)

Usually, Computer World (Balaji) / Vedant are known to offer better price... then again as i said I may get a better price there where as they may try to cheat on u :( so roam around bargain and go with any store which offering better price...

:D

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
1 GB Modules are available but no 2 GB Single module from Corsiar in kolkata t any reasonable price... better order from any National Online store !!!

Do u think i shall order to THEITWARES and get that think shipped to me... i mean 2 X 2GB modules... is that safe...

Why Core Duo man ?? didnt get the point... Get a Pentium Dual Core E2140 and wait for 45nm Q9450 :D

U mean this one right
Intel Dual Core
1.6 GHz
E 2140 - 800 FSB/1MB Cache
2600​

Any Suggestion of which company Lightscribe writer is good and what is the cost of Blank DVDs and CDs...

also shall i get XFX Gforce card or Asus... and which is better GT or GTX

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
U mean this one right
Intel Dual Core
1.6 GHz
E 2140 - 800 FSB/1MB Cache

Yes E2140, its Intel Pentium Dual Core not Pentium D or Core Duo :(

anyway its Rs. 2300/- + 4% here in Kolkata...

Do u think i shall order to THEITWARES and get that think shipped to me... i mean 2 X 2GB modules... is that safe...

ask in Kolkata 1st :) seee if they can offer you any better deal :) then think of that process !!! ItWares is safe enough..

also shall i get XFX Gforce card or Asus... and which is better GT or GTX

GTX is better :) ASUS would be costlier than XFX !! XFX is fine :)

Any Suggestion of which company Lightscribe writer is good and what is the cost of Blank DVDs and CDs...

They are not lasting much :( any company... 1 year is the waranty and thats it.. I tried all... and I mean it all those brands :( so get any which seems cheaper, these days there is Hype about SAMSUNG SH-SH203D so I bought that one too, but its OK to start with dont know what would happen in long run :lol:

P.S. I buy LaserTras 50 Pack DVDs at Rs. 7.50/- each :) where as Cralion CDs are Rs. 5.75 each when bough 50 pack :)

Last edited:

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Also i was just reviewing on Q9450 processors and it says everywhere that it will not work on 680i boards and will need minimum of 780... do u think this board will be able to run the new processor....

also if i want to overclock which board do u suggest... Abit p35 Pro or any other

Also do u know where i can get Cooler Master Cabinets

Are this price of LightScribe Medium...

Also do u know the price of XFX 8800GTX card... and what is contained in the bundle...

Last edited:
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
also if i want to overclock which board do u suggest... Abit p35 Pro or any other

Yup :D but there wont be any SLI in that :(

I got my hands to one IP35-Pro and seemed to be a damn good over clocker :)

Also i was just reviewing on Q9450 processors and it says everywhere that it will not work on 680i boards and will need minimum of 780... do u think this board will be able to run the new processor....

Opps no practical exp there how ever, read this,

ASUS said:
LGA775 Intel® 45nm Processor Ready
This motherboard supports the latest Intel 45nm CPU which introduces new micro-architecture features for greater performance at a given frequency, up to 50% larger L2 caches, and expanded power management capabilities for new levels of energy efficiency.

*www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=397&model=1459&modelmenu=1

So as poer ASUS it will !!!

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
This is where i read it...

*www.evga.com/forums/printable.asp?m=210074

Also do u know where i can get Cooler Master Cabinets

Are this price of LightScribe Medium...

Also do u know the price of XFX 8800GTX card... and what is contained in the bundle...

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
8800GTX? its by every means getting outdated [for the price i mean]
get 8800GTS 512MB[some 16~18k] or 1GB. Or if u have 22k to spend, then get ATI HD 3870X2-the most powerful single card out there nd almost as powerful as two GTX in SLI.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
^^y do u guys always recommend GeForce?!!......is it just b'coz u r a fan or something??.....anyway I just simply asked, make ur own decision.

HD series from ATi r the most powerful when comes to core architecture...but they were not having gud drivers and support from game developer at first. But now datz old story....they started releasing better drivers wich in turn shows a gr8 improvement in performance.......nd they always beats nVidia when it comes to VFM.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
^^y do u guys always recommend GeForce?!!......is it just b'coz u r a fan or something??.....anyway I just simply asked, make ur own decision.

HD series from ATi r the most powerful when comes to core architecture...but they were not having gud drivers and support from game developer at first. But now datz old story....they started releasing better drivers wich in turn shows a gr8 improvement in performance.......nd they always beats nVidia when it comes to VFM.

Well i am not a fan or anything... but there are many games which we are unable to play on my friends ATI setup... so i only prefer GeForce

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
^Dude relax!
All he is suggesting is a decent config.
Ok...let me give u a decent config.

2x2GB RAM is fine.
A-bit IP-35 Pro is good.
Go for MSI 8800GTS 512MB OC(heard that @ 14K) - U don't really need a monster (3870X2) in ur rig...do ya?
As far as processor - If u want a Quad core then the only budget option is Q6600. Acc. to me u should wait for Q9450. By that time use E2140 and sell it after u get Q9450.

Now the actual thing comes is power requirements.

Yeah u are right. HD is most powerful series. But u forgot 1 thing. It is more power consuming that 8 or 9 series.
And its not power that matters. Its about value for performance.

If i was not concerned about power then i myself would have gone for 3870X2 and if i have load of cash.

Last edited:

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
what if i take Asus P5N32-E SLI/ or other good option there... (if i want to have a sli setup in future)
Also does both board gurantee to support the new processors.. and how much watts smps...

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
@keith_j_snyder2

who told u HD3 series is so power consuming??.....only in digit form I hav heard they r so power hungry.....dunno y??!!!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

nVidia based cards are easily available in market compared to ATI & they heat less. That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom