Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagardani

Lost in LOST
Hey folks... Are the prices from this site *www.theitwares.com correct, updated and reliable?? I know they differ from place to place... But can we have just the rough idea of price of any product from this site?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
2 is better than 1. Bingo :)

MSI
K9A2 CFAMD® 790X and SB600 ChipsetRs. 6000

MSI
K9A2 PlatinumAMD® 790FX and SB600 Chipset Rs. 9650

platinum:

4 PCI-E X16 slots
2 PCI
Silent Heat Pipe
Key components status hardware monitor.
• Monitor the Dual Core CPU each unit status.
• Optimize System status define.
• Auto speed up with system loading change.

Last edited:

Edburg

In the zone
^^
*global.msi.com.tw/index.php?f...& cat2_no=171

An arvind discovery.. 6k..
hey that one has 790X/SB600 chipset...

i was asking 780G/SB700 ones.....they r available for great prices with great features in intl markets....but havent yet seen them in my place

sagardani

Lost in LOST
I don't have patience to read all 136 pages and too many posts... Im upgrading my PC step-by-step. Right now only buying processor, motherboard, HDD, RAM and cabinet. SO please suggest me this-

*Mobo for Q6600 under Rs.8000

*Brand for RAM (going for 2GB DDR2 @ 800Mhz). By the way is 2GB sufficient for following hard disc?

*Which brand for 500GB Sata2 @ 7200rpm hard disc? (Segate/WD/Samsung/Hitachi,etc)

*Cool, funky cabinet having LED fans, transparent wall(s) for Rs.2000 (+/- 200 will be ok). I saw those of Zebronic (www.theitwares.com) and I liked few of them. But are these of good quality? I last time had Zebronics sexy mouse (worth 200 bucks) and it worked only for about 1 month. Thats why I want to know are Zebronic products of just good looks but poor build quality?

*Good SMPS- I need to buy this because cabinet I liked (Antibiotics) comes without SMPS according to theitwares.com. I don't much have knowledge of SMPS. So Im confused. Why are there different Watts for? I guess 400W is most common. I will buy graphic, sound card and TFT HD monitor in future. So accordingly please guide me for SMPS.

Waiting for reply... :)

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
^Asus P5K-C costs 8500
but if extend your budget a lil for mobo get Abit IP35Pro
Kingston DDR2 800 would be nice and 2gb is sufficient
WD Sata 2 with 16mb buffer for 5100-5200 . if u plan Seagate-i'd recommend the one with 32mb buffer coz the one with 16mb s*cks
A cooler master 460/500W PSU if you own some heavy Gfx card.otherwise a Zebronics 500W P.Platinum.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Can u specify th prices dude...?

And what about Zebronic cabinets?? Are they good in quality?

ok..
Asus P5K-C costs 8500 - this is a very future proof kind of a board with both DDR2 and 3 compatibility
Abit IP35 PRo costs 9500 which overclocks a lil more than P5K-C

2 *Kingston DDR 2 800 1gb will cost around 2k
Cooler MAster 460W PSU=2900 and 500W = 3400
WD 500GB Sata II = 5200 (could be 100 rs less too)

Do you own a gfx card?

Zebronics cabinets are good.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
But will I really need 460W or higher SMPS?? I mean what will be their advantage over 400W?

Yea I own GeForce Fx5200... Why?

do you plan to use this gfx card in this nw config?

if so , dont change PSU for now.i think the one bundled with the cabinet will work with this card.
a good 460W or higher SMPS is req when you have a powerful gfx card and loads of devices
even a 460W PSU can run a 8800GTS and wont become a bottleneck

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
i went to take the rates today and am now more confused...

XFX 680i LT SLI Rs. 9200
Ausu P5N32-E SLI Not available anywhere in CHandni I have searched more than 20 shops..
Abit P35 Pro Rs. 9300

Intel E2160 Rs. 2450
Intel Q6600 Rs. 10275

Corsair 2X2048MB 800MHz Rs. 6800 (lucky to get this)
Transend 2X2048 800MHz Rs. 4000

XFX 8800GT Algfa Dog Rs. 12150
XFX 8800GT Extreme Rs. 14200
XFX 8800GTS Rs. 17500

Cooler Master Extreme Power 600Watts Rs. 3600
Cooler Master Elite 300 Rs. 3000

Now the motherboard which Chooto suggested me is not available. Please suggest me what to do.. the only option if i need this is getting it shipped to calcutta from bombay or someother place... what to do...

Last edited:

Ranjya

Broken In
Choto Cheeta,
Where are you getting these prises ?

esp ABiT IP35-E @ Rs. 4900 /- + TAX

in Pune I am quoted 6000/- for same.

regards,
Ranjit.
P.S: Keep up the good work.:-D

sagardani

Lost in LOST
do you plan to use this gfx card in this nw config?

if so , dont change PSU for now.i think the one bundled with the cabinet will work with this card.
a good 460W or higher SMPS is req when you have a powerful gfx card and loads of devices
even a 460W PSU can run a 8800GTS and wont become a bottleneck

Yea Im gonna use my current gfx with this (most probably and if needed). According to www.theitwares.com there seems no bundled PSU with Zebronic Antibiotics cabinet. So have to make provision because I'll buy mid-high gfx, sound card and TFT HD screen in future.. So I think 500 will be better arrangement. Anyways thanks for your suggestions.

Choto Cheeta,
Where are you getting these prises ?

esp ABiT IP35-E @ Rs. 4900 /- + TAX

in Pune I am quoted 6000/- for same.

regards,
Ranjit.
P.S: Keep up the good work.:-D

Hey Ranjya... Which shop in Pune did you ask for these prices?

Last edited:

Ranjya

Broken In
Where do you get the price??

ABiT IP35-E @ Rs. 4900 /- + TAX

In Pune the chap says 6000/- :-(

I enquired with Xpert Computers on J.M Road.
This was told to me by Tirupati Ent chap Shrikant.

Last edited:

sagardani

Lost in LOST
@nish_higher:

I've extended my mobo budget till 10k... Can't stretch above this. (+/- 200 is ok)
So there are following mobos according to theitwares.com-

Intel S975XBX2 @ 9600
XFX nForce 680i-LTSLI @ 10150
ABit IP35 Pro @ 9500
Asus P5K-V and P5KC @ 9450 and 8800 respectively.
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 @ 9400

So which one will you suggest out of them? Is there any other mobo available in India but not listed on website??

Others also throw their opinions...

It will be better if everyone mentions why they are 'NOT' for particular model. Make kind of comparison & discuss pros n cons...

Waiting for reply... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom