Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumya

In the zone
Its not worth buying Q6700 for abt 8K higher price than Q6600. U can always oc Q6600 GO stepping to 3 GHZ on stock cooler. Thats enuff speed, I guess, for anyone.
Go for at least 8800GT if u are in a hurry(like me:D) for a grfx card.
CRT monitors are not worth buying nowadays as LCD prices have really fallen.Get Viewsonic LCD 19inch. Dont remember the model no. I am a noob in case of TFTs. U will get info if ur search the forum threads :).

Suggest me a good motherboard. And should I wait till the Geforce 9 series and DDR3 ram become availaible and are cheaper?

xbonez

NP : Crysis
if u wait till they become available and become cheaper it will be a long wait...i suggest u go for the sys now...2 gb 667mhz kingston RAM will just cost u 2k, not something that will pinch if u wanna upgrade to ddr3 later... and go for a cheap gfx card...something like 8500 or 8600 and then upgrade when 9xxx series become mainstream

soumya

In the zone
Everything taken into consideration except sound card and speaker, the whole package should be around Rs. 60,000.

soumya

In the zone
If you are not much into gaming, then you should seriously consider a laptop.

I bought a laptop last year for 69,900

Lenovo Y500 7761-6AQ

C2D @ 1.66 GHz

2 GB DDR2 @ 667 MHz

100 GB SATA HDD

GeForce GO 7400 Approx Memory 400 MB :)

TV TUNER and WEBCAM

Best Punch For Buck From A Branded PC

What is the best punch for buck I can get in a branded PC ?

I am looking forward to buying a new PC(still not lost hope), but my dad says its better to go for a branded rig this time as I can get onsite service, better customer care, and better warranty.

I came to the conclution that many vendors sell PCs with some parts costing rather more than the street price, and by more I mean a hell more(read: dell). But at the same time, I also saw that low end desktops from such reputed branded vendors often turn out to posess rather high VFM, comming within 10% higher cost than assembled stuff, but with all premium like support and onsite warranty.

So finally, I decided to go for these VFM machines, on the condition that they have good Motherboards.

Graphics Cards comming at a huge premium compared to the normal prices, I decided that unless the same 10-15% extra limit is maintained, I will be better off without graphics cards.

And Monitors are one thing that come at excellent VFM from Branded PCs, so I am going for a good screen.

My Budget is supposed to limit the costs to 50-55K max. Please advice on what I must do and comment on my stratagy, as I am still in the initial planning stage of my PC Purchase.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
dude.

the branded PC's are not that good for upgrading.

Assembled PC-
if you choose the parts which work great with others then you'll never have any trouble, which eliminates the "customer care/support" thingy.

for example, take a look here.
Intel Desktop Boards
Integration guide
*support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-020835.htm

all parts tested by intel.

my advice would be build a system & buy Original Operaing System.

coz the reason for BSOD is
1. h/w incompatibilities or,
2. pirated OS or,
3. combo of 1 & 2:p or,
4. Virus & other crap.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
@s18000rpm

yes dude .. completely agree, compatibility is the real issue.
We purchase the cheap motherboard n rams ealier and used to get the BSODs,
but now hardly anyone buy the lowend rams like simtronics,
almost everyone here muys the Kingston.
same with motherboard. .. we buy the nvidia chipsets not the sis or via

compatibility is the real issue.
@dOm1naTOr

So as you say .. it is the high range RAMs from Corsair that has better latences not the Corsair Value RAM.

2. now If I put this
AMD + nvidia chipset + nvidia-geforce
or putting AMD Processor with AMD chipset
which has better compatibility? what you say?
so I suppose going for AMD processor over Intel is better bcoz that way I can save money and buy the 8600Gt in the time being.
but the main concern is is going with M2N VM DVI (630a + 7050) with 8600GT DDR3 latteron good (price may futher fall in the meanwhile a littlebit so might get the 8600GTS)
or
anyother board (with 2lans n wifi or something)+ 8600gt-ddr now only,
which one is better .. I mean the motherboard & more compatibility as a option?

3. As for HDD .. can I put a SCSI Harddisk on normal pc,
because I use extensively, format regularly. Install new OS again n again.
or I put 2*160GB in Raid or put 320GB with 16MB buffer
can someone suggest me the final config ..and I am thinking on putting a good cabinet.
can be get good cabi in not so high budget, does something like Dell XPS cabinet can be bought?
whats the coolmaster n antec prices

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
@Rollcage, wats your budget for cabinet?

Cooler Master RC330KKR1 Elite 330 Black

*www.coolermaster.com/uploads/product/products_highlight/file1169874743339.jpg

price: Rs.2050/-

*www.theitwares.com/cabinets/cabinets.htm

get that.
the cheapest CoolerMaster.
but the best cabinet with high Quality.

Last edited:

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
thx .. as for now I dont have a budget for a cabinet itself, But I was thinking may be to put something good this time.
as you said its all about compatibility. . and reliability, whatever we put in some reason or the other when we compromise, we get the cheap stuff and noncompatible components. I have to make a new PC for dad.. but I thought may be to give my current config to dad and built my gaming pc in parts,
[current config: AMD Athlon64, 1Gb Ram, XFX FX5200 128MB, board-Asus K8N, BenQ DVD-RW, Microsoft wireless Desktop ELite, APC 650VA, viewsonic 17" widescreen] running WinXP & Vista Lite perfectly fine/
this PC works out fine for me, but what the heck in upgrading If I have a chance ;)

actually I am thinking not to put much money now but have a good system. . with upgrade feature.
like buying a onboard now and putting a 8600GT later on.

the antec cabies are too expensive, and I dont like the iball or crapy Intex. Although I like the Navtech stuff .. its in cheaper range but the material they use is of good quality like the metal they use is heavier than Intex one..

the cabinet you just mentioned from coolmaster is good at that price. 2K is worth spending if its with PSU. But I suppose its with PSU or not?

What about putting in some colour fans and UV wire covers! with having a glass side ?
... whats the cost of putting these.

and have look here *www.alienware.com/Product_Pages/desktop_all_default.aspx .. nice cabinets
can we get that sort of in market . I mean indian hardware market.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
rollcage said:
the cabinet you just mentioned from coolmaster is good at that price. 2K is worth spending if its with PSU. But I suppose its with PSU or not?
the coolermaster cabby. is not good, its GREAT, you dont get that kind of quality in any other equally priced local brand:D.

btw PSU is optional.

forget about Alienware style cabby.:)) too expensive.

i had set a budget of around 6k for cabby., but had to settle down for Zebronics AntiBiotic (comes wit PSU & transperant side panel), coz of non availability of bigger brands.

this zebronics is a good looker, but quality is "0", the CD tray cover plastic is crap & the chrome work on it is sh1t.

first of all, plan your budget, then see how much you can set aside for the cabby.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
^.. If I can get this I will buy this one,
1. What will be the cost of PSU?
2. Can I put a SCSI (server) HDD on ASUS M2N VM DVI? bcoz I format too much and run computer continuously
3. what is the difference between AM2 and AM2+ socket

janitha

Wise Old Owl
the coolermaster cabby. is not good, its GREAT, you dont get that kind of quality in any other equally priced local brand:D.

btw PSU is optional.

forget about Alienware style cabby.:)) too expensive.

i had set a budget of around 6k for cabby., but had to settle down for Zebronics AntiBiotic (comes wit PSU & transperant side panel), coz of non availability of bigger brands.

this zebronics is a good looker, but quality is "0", the CD tray cover plastic is crap & the chrome work on it is sh1t.

first of all, plan your budget, then see how much you can set aside for the cabby.

Why didn't you consider Coolermaster 690 for little more than Rs.4000/- or the same with a transparent panel for about Rs.500/- more. Even if you bought online, it would have been >6K.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Why didn't you consider Coolermaster 690 for little more than Rs.4000/- or the same with a transparent panel for about Rs.500/- more. Even if you bought online, it would have been >6K.

no online option for me.:(
coolermaster/antec... was not available at S.P rd. b'lore at that time, i'm afraid its still not.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
will somebody reply to my questions or not. :(
and can i get good cabinet in 4k with transparent side and
uv lights n led fans

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@rollcage
no, u cant use SCSI HDDs with M2N VM DVI.
Bro, normal HDDS can also undergo frequent formats nd continuous uses. I restarts ma system maybe only once in a week or even worse nd mostly restatrs to do a format or reinstall. No probs till now in 1.5yrs of my seagate 250.
And AM2+ are for phenoms.
And bout PSU, u can get either of these:
Powersafe 500W silver : 1.6k
Gold: 2.5k
Zebronics Pure Platinum 500W: 1.8k
CM Extreme power 500W: 3k
Amigo 500W: 1.8k

And for 2k, Zebronics Antibiotic nd Peace comes within this budget w/o the 400W PSU. Both have transparent side panels, temp display LCD on front, 3LED fans with one on top at blowhole and has good air circulation designs.
Get some LED FAN PSu nd some UV fams from CM for 300/- from
www.therespawn.com to add some bling bling.

If u have 5k, then Antec Super Lanboy is gud too w/o PSU.

And forget Alienware cabbys. They are costlier than even Cm Stacker 830 which itself is 13k.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
^ hmm so in no way I can get a SCSI hardisk. on deltapage it shows Server 320Gb just for 4.1K

prob is I dont like the Zebronics or Intex. :( not just the name but these look cheap...
and navtech cabies are better

we spend so much.. cant we get good cabinet .. these Antec are too too expensive,

How do Alienware and Dell XPS gives that.
oh man .. look that XPS one awesome cabinet,
*i.dell.com/images/global/products/xpsdt/xps420_front.jpg
black with small LCD screen on top, I-pod holder .. what a cabi.
but they dont sell just the cabinet :(
aleinware is also I think not available in india.. and not possible..
so I think I need to forget that ..but why
May be after 10 years I goona buy that AlienWare machine. ;) noway i can get it ..:(
hey man someone from this forum ... start making good cabinets in india ya,

the cabinet .. I wanna go and checkout in Nehru Place.
any place you can suggest to check out the good cabinets..
and where u recommend buyin the stuff from .. I used to buy from Infinite Computers (amd distributor)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom