Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

juggler

In the zone
Tell me a motherboard + Processor I shall go for,
not hight end, but AMD X2 4000+ or Intel Equivalent will do. .
the motive is to save money & put 6800GT DDR3 latteron on this machine.
Are those onboard MB good enough or not, which one is more compatible for that card.

a amd processor 4000+ to 4800+ on Asus m2a Vm motherboard would be a good deal. The on board video is ok for light gaming. if u want to run linux use then go for m2n pv

axxo

99.9% Idle
Guyz after long long long wait & end of my research...i bought components for my new system
following are they
Coolermaster Elite 330 -2700
Zebronics pure platinum 500W SMPS -1800
Biostart p35d2-a7 Mobo - 4600
Intel E2160 proc - 2900
2gb Transcend 800mhz ddr2 - 2000

Total - 14000 /-
I will keep my old sata II160gb hdd and liteon dvd-rw intact.
i couldnt get any better p35 chip mobo and i was left with no choice than biostar..
anywat going to overclock this & will let you know the results...

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
a amd processor 4000+ to 4800+ on Asus m2a Vm motherboard would be a good deal. The on board video is ok for light gaming. if u want to run linux use then go for m2n pv

new M2N-VM DVI/HDMI models r available now......its better than old M2N-PV

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
I am pro Windows user. and any processor from 4000+ to 4800+ will do. But I basically wants a good motherboard. I was looking at asus site but thaose are old boards now. MEN VM MX or other asus board has nvidia chipset good but onboard is same 6050 .. what about that 7050 graphics chip that we heard.

oh yes thats what I just looked at Asus website .. this one has geforce7 series onboard with 256MB shared,
I think I shall but this one with AMD X2 4000+ thats will be good combi.
with put on other stuff.

Is it available yet!! :confused:

Last edited:

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
guyz, as per choto cheeta's suggestion, I delayed my proccy + mobo buy.
bt i desperately need a grfx card. the current decent one will do for me.
i hv enuff money to buy HD3870x2 but cant find out whether it will be a good buy or not.
previously I was going to get dual GTSs but I just want to save some money to get a new digicam :D.
as dual GTSs will cost abt 38K in respect to HD's 25K, I just wanna be sure whether it will be a good buy or not.
Awaiting for your valuable suggestions :).

T

The Conqueror

@BULLZI :
It will be gr8 if u wait for 5-6 months and take 9800 GT/GTS in SLi. Trust me as 8800 GTX itself will be outdated this month.and 8800 serie will be obsolete soon.OR you can get 9600 GT (which will cost approx 9k-12k and take it in SLi but i recommened to take 9800 GT/GTS )

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
@BULLZI :
It will be gr8 if u wait for 5-6 months and take 9800 GT/GTS in SLi. Trust me as 8800 GTX itself will be outdated this month.and 8800 serie will be obsolete soon.OR you can get 9600 GT (which will cost approx 9k-12k and take it in SLi but i recommened to take 9800 GT/GTS )

I cant spend tht amount of money after 6-8 months. Hv probs :(.

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey choto, whts taking so long?
I posted the link long ago and u r still to reply.
Are u busy in ordering for yourself?
:D

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@BULLZI
HD 3870X2 for 25k is a gud buy, but one wanna remind u something.
Harvick780 somewhere in his experience with 8800SLI said even if the fps dun drop below min there seems to be lag in game nd this is the problem in dual gpu systems.
But he has nvidia SLI, but he says he heard bout similar issues with crossfire too.
But ivent heard those from any review. Dun now if its true for ATI HD 3000 crossfire.
ATI's performance especially the HD 3xxx series are increasing with every catalyst releases nd so HD 3870 X2 makes a gud buy nd even beats 8800GT SLI in most benchs even at highest resolution nd max quality.
Maybe 8800GTS 512 in SLI is better than that by small margin but its 13k cheaper than 8800GTS SLI solution which makes it a gr8 buy.

And also i wanna remind u that HD 3000 cards performs 30% better on Spider platform, ie the new ATi 7xx chipset with phenom.
The cheapest spider platform mobo from MSI is for 6k
see here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78077

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
@BULLZI

hey man, HD3870X2 is a gud decision and its a best buy at 25k in IT Wares......the site admin Rahul Verma of IT Wares is now in digit forum. He is the one u should be asking abt these things......so look out for Cooldude1 in this forum, which is his nickname.

@rollcage

yeah ,I think its easily available by this time...........

Our dealers cleared all old stocks of M2A-VM and started stacking up M2N-VM mobos for buget PCs......

Last edited:

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
I am pro Windows user. and any processor from 4000+ to 4800+ will do. But I basically wants a good motherboard. I was looking at asus site but thaose are old boards now. MEN VM MX or other asus board has nvidia chipset good but onboard is same 6050 .. what about that 7050 graphics chip that we heard.

oh yes thats what I just looked at Asus website .. this one has geforce7 series onboard with 256MB shared,
I think I shall but this one with AMD X2 4000+ thats will be good combi.
with put on other stuff.

any comments ..

I just went to market ..

Asus M2N VM DVI + AMD X2 4000+ = Rs. 6025
Corsair 2*1GB = Rs. 1125 each
8600GT DDR3 256MB = Rs. 5250
Is this board good .. whats the alternatives in Motherboards

2ndly whats the Intel alternative for this?
I have been AMD user .. dont have a Idea on intel configs

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
^^
XFX 630i Ultra :3.6k
Intel E2140 :2.5k

but......630i mobo supports no dual channel memory.....ur Corsair will be a waste. So stick with ur AMD solution or go for a single stick of 2GB 800MHz RAM for 2k

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
^ can u tell me more on intel,
which model, whats the clocks speed .. and whats the value for money processor. . whats extreem in intel cpus, .. i suppose it shall be expensive.

I read here more that .. as of now Intel appears to be a setup up,
why so ..

which one is better corsair 667 or Kingston 800 for AMD config?

and

you said our dealers .. u are a distributor? where u located man

Last edited:

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
@rollcage

Intel E2140 hav clock speeds of 1.6GHz....

The VFM procs from Intel are:
E2140
E2160
C2D E4500( now only old stocks available as Intel stopped its production)
and C2D E6550 @ 7k

And the xtreem procs from Intel goes up to latest Q9950........and as u said, they r really expensive. Even if VFM procs from Intel seems to be d best for budget PCs, they don't hav cheap gud mobos to go with them.
--------
hey.....am not a distributor :D, its just.....ma frnds' and ma hobbies r selling h/w to ppl who need help like u guys :p........hardware reviewing,modding, gamming and high-end technology are all our passion 8)

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Corsair 667 are value select series nd Transcent DDR2 800 wud be better that that. But sites like theitwares is giving 10yr warranty for corsair modules though ull get only 3yrs from local stores.

And For Intel E 2160 1.8Ghz @ 3.3k is gud but only if oced to at least 2.5Ghz or greater. But the 630i mobo is not gud for ocing at enthusiastic level. U can do some 3.3Ghz on it without sweat.
So 3.3k+3.6k=6.9k

But i wud recommend a 4400+ or 4800+ for such budgets.
And the 4000+ cd get ur work done like charm nd with cool nd quite enabled, the power consumption will be cut by haf.

And for Intel u shud at least invest for E 6550 @ 6.8k, but it will be much better than proccys like 4800+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom