Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guyz,im going to buy 2 PC's next month.
here are the configs.The reason y i am telling is to know the prices.
First PC-
XFX 630i Ultra
Intel C2D E6550
Trancend 2GB DDR2 800 Mhz
seagate 250 GB SATA II
Lite on 20x DVD RW
Any local cabby with 450 W PSU
logitech wireless KB mouse combo
creative 2.1 speakers
Viewsonic 17" TFT
some APC UPS under 2 k
Total should be under 30 K :D:D

Second one-The Beast
AMD Phenom 9700 or better
ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe/WiFi-AP or M3A32-MVP Deluxe
ATi 3870 X2(as soon as it comes to India)
Trancend or corsair 2*2 GB DDR2 800 Mhz
seagate 500 GB SATA II
Corsair TX720
Any good Coolermaster cabby
creative 5.1 speakers
any TFT monitor with extreme HD support(but no CRT)
logitech MX518 mouse
Logitech G15 KB
any APC UPS with 10-20 mins backup
lite on 20x DVD RW

I know the prices of some of these but not of all of em.
So,please someone quote the exact prices of these pheripherals and also sugg me any better ones.Please
Thank You :D:D
Looking at your siggy, I have this question: you already have a beast, so why another ?

And please tell the perpose of the two systems. I recomend an Uber Beast(add more power to your beast config) and a basic flyboy. I suggest you go for an AMD x2 processor for the flyboy, preferably the brisbane core. Go for a basic Direct X 10.1 graphic card from ATi or nVidia.

The Uber Beast can wait till Next year unless you are in urgent need of a system, because processors are undergoing a major revision from all companies this year.

Looking at your siggy, I have this question: you already have a beast, so why another ?

And please tell the perpose of the two systems. I recomend an Uber Beast(add more power to your beast config) and a basic flyboy. I suggest you go for an AMD x2 processor for the flyboy, preferably the brisbane core. Go for a basic Direct X 10.1 graphic card from ATi or nVidia.

The Uber Beast can wait till Next year unless you are in urgent need of a system, because processors are undergoing a major revision from all companies this year.

Actually the beast in his siggy belongs to him, and the other BEAST he is asking for is for his younger bro. And the purpose of the two beasts is GAMING and GAMING and GAMING. hope u got answer of ur ques .....

Actually the beast in his siggy belongs to him, and the other BEAST he is asking for is for his younger bro. And the purpose of the two beasts is GAMING and GAMING and GAMING. hope u got answer of ur ques .....
wow! beast on beast gaming! now THATS what I call awssome!
then why don't you wait for a while for the 45 nm processors ? Why do you want to pick up Core2 in its last few months, or AM2 in its last few months ?
My friend has a rig, that was once the best available(at the time he bought it).
It was a rig with the Pentium D 840 Extreme Edition.
It was supposed to crunch all games down at that time. But he got it when core2 was just about to be launched. Now he deeply regrets his purchase, as Core2 has lived for a long time successfully after that.

And what about the flyboy ? The other system planned to buy ? Is it for himself or somebody else ?

janitha

Wise Old Owl
wow! beast on beast gaming! now THATS what I call awssome!
then why don't you wait for a while for the 45 nm processors ? Why do you want to pick up Core2 in its last few months, or AM2 in its last few months ?
My friend has a rig, that was once the best available(at the time he bought it).
It was a rig with the Pentium D 840 Extreme Edition.
It was supposed to crunch all games down at that time. But he got it when core2 was just about to be launched. Now he deeply regrets his purchase, as Core2 has lived for a long time successfully after that.

And what about the flyboy ? The other system planned to buy ? Is it for himself or somebody else ?

45 nm is already available even here in India. E8400 sells for about 9.5K or even less.

^^
ok guyz,quick tell me which proccy to get??
phenom 9700 or +,Q6600,E8400 or any penryn quad core.
please sugg any penryn Qcore under 15k.plzzzzzzz

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Sunny1211993

still i guess there another good 3 or 4 month time when in India we may see the SpiderPlatform as in MainStream...

the AMD Phenom Quad Core with present 690G is certainly would be waste of the money :( but yes, once u couple this up with SpiderPlatfom (AMD 790 chipset + AMD Phenom + RD3870 Crossfire) then its gives a real good fight to Intel Core 2 Quad + Any Chiptset + Nvidia SLi) then again when the testing was done we had only the 65nm Core 2 Extreme or Quad, but now when 45nm is here i really doubt that whether SpiderPlatform would be able to deliver or not :(

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
does the Intel's X48 support both DDr2 & DDR3 on same m/b?

MSI X48 Platinum does.

- Supports dual channel, DDR3 800/1066/1333/1600, DDR2 667/800.

*global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=1393&maincat_no=1

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@s18000rpm

The idea was not to support DDR-II as to push DDR-III in... however if MSI comes up with such option, I dont think ASUS / Gigabyte would stay behind, then again at-present there are no other company is coming up with x48 :(

All Intel Motherboard

All ASUS Motherboard supporting LGA 775

so, at present there is no x48 from Intel or ASUS i guess :(

OK guys, for an update of my brains, please tell me the cheapest motherboard for intel and AMD processors that support DDR2(if they don't, state it explictly). Also tell me the most value for money(cost vs performance) motherboards for Intel and AMD processors.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
For Intel Lowest but what makes sense is XFX 630i 7150 + E2140 and for AMD X2 4000 + ASUS M2N-MX SE / MSI K9AGM2

both supports DDR-II how ever Intel mobo 630i doesnt have Dual Channel support :(

@gautham yaar XFX 630i ultra is the best combo of performance and onboard gfx and that too at a reasonable price of 3.4K.You should not get any mobo inferior to this

and how good is nVidia 6100 Onboard Graphics ? Please give an nVidia card to compare to.

what about these ?(coppied em off a site)

ABit LG-95C Intel 945GC Chipset 1066 FSB 2350
ABit I-45CV Intel 945GC Chipset 1333 FSB 2400

Palit N73V MCP73V Chipset 1333 FSB 2650
ASUS
P5S - MX SE SIS 671FX & SIS 968 1066 FSB 2250 Link
Asus
P5GC-MX
Intel® 945GC / ICH7 Chip 800 FSB​
2500​
Link
Asus
P5B-MX/Wi-Fi-AP
Intel® 946GZ+ICH7 Chip 1066 FSB​
3150​
BioStar 945G Chipset Intel CPU (Socket 775) 2500
Biostar GF7050V-M7 NVIDIA GeForce 7050 1333 FSB 3350 Link
Gigabyte
GA 945 GZM - S2
Intel® 945GZ Express Chip 1066 FSB​
How do the above Intel Mobos fare ?

Last edited:

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
I finally bought
Asus M2N-VM DVI (i chose it over the HDMI / M2A becaus of NViDIA chipset and NViDIA is Linux friendly) : Rs 3200
AMD Athlon X2 4800+ : Rs 3900
MSI 8600Gt 512 Mb : Rs 5100
2 *1GB Kingston DDR2 DIMM : 1000x2 = Rs.2000
all pices as of Jan 31st 08, Nehru Place ,New Delhi
Very satisfied till now.. Will put up benchmark results soon
Just a quickie, M2N-VM DVI has only one IDE slot.. they all expect us to own STAT HDD by now :(

Also , need to buy a Photo printer for domestic use. Budget under 5-5.5 k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom