Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guyz,im going to buy 2 PC's next month.
here are the configs.The reason y i am telling is to know the prices.
First PC-
XFX 630i Ultra
Intel C2D E6550
Trancend 2GB DDR2 800 Mhz
seagate 250 GB SATA II
Lite on 20x DVD RW
Any local cabby with 450 W PSU
logitech wireless KB mouse combo
creative 2.1 speakers
Viewsonic 17" TFT
some APC UPS under 2 k
Total should be under 30 K :D:D

Second one-The Beast
AMD Phenom 9700 or better
ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe/WiFi-AP or M3A32-MVP Deluxe
ATi 3870 X2(as soon as it comes to India)
Trancend or corsair 2*2 GB DDR2 800 Mhz
seagate 500 GB SATA II
Corsair TX720
Any good Coolermaster cabby
creative 5.1 speakers
any TFT monitor with extreme HD support(but no CRT)
logitech MX518 mouse
Logitech G15 KB
any APC UPS with 10-20 mins backup
lite on 20x DVD RW

I know the prices of some of these but not of all of em.
So,please someone quote the exact prices of these pheripherals and also sugg me any better ones.Please
Thank You :D:D

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
For the first PC:

XFX 630i Ultra :3.7k
Intel C2D E6550 :7k
Trancend 2GB DDR2 800 Mhz :2k
seagate 250 GB SATA II :2.7k
Lite on 20x DVD RW :1.3k
Logitech wireless KB mouse combo :1.2K

Any local cabby with 450 W PSU <- u won't get any local cab with 450W.
So go for Zebronics Antibiotic with 450W PSU :

creative 2.1 speakers > SPS 2.1 :1.1k
>Inspire 2.1 :1.9k
Viewsonic 17" TFT <- Its better taking Viewsonic 19" TFT VA1930WM(widescreen) for 9.8k instead of taking 17" TFT at 8.3k

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
Second PC is a difficult task......its a beast *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/39.gif

• AMD Phenom 9700 or better : u won't get 9700 in India easily :(....ma dealer can give upto only Phenom 9500@2.2GHz for 11k.
  • ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe/WiFi-AP or M3A32-MVP Deluxe : these products(AM2+ and 770 chipset) will only come to Indian markets only after a few week.:( The only mobos with AM2+ currently available are M2N-VM DVI/HDMI(630a chipset).
  • ATi 3870 X2(as soon as it comes to India) :v cannot predict d prices of ATi cards when they come to India.:mad:
  • Trancend or corsair 2*2 GB DDR2 800 Mhz : Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX:8.1K
  • seagate 500 GB SATA II : 5.6K
  • Corsair TX720 : this too not available in India market at present
  • Any good Coolermaster cabby : go to www.zebronics.com and select ur on "Any good Coolermaster cabby" .:p
  • creative 5.1 speakers : Inspire T6060 5.1 :4k
  • any TFT monitor with extreme HD support : It depend upon ur extent of budget :rolleyes:......there r TFTs from 12k and upwards.....look out models from Viewsonic,AOC,Samsung and LG.
  • Logitech MX518 mouse : 2.3k
  • Logitech G15 KB : 3.6k

Last edited:

juggler

In the zone
Maybe slightly off topic
xbit labs has done a round up of current dual dore processors and have arrived at following conclusion
"So, the results of our today’s dual-core processor shoot-out indicate clearly that Intel processors win the “Best Buy” title in every single price segment. And it will remain this way until AMD reduces the prices on its Athlon 64 X2, which keep rapidly losing their appeal. The situation may also change if they launch revised triple-core and dual-core processors on Phenom-like architecture, which have a chance of become more competitive against Core 2 Duo. However, it will hardly happen any time soon."

Source: *www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/dualcore-shootout.html

Now intel may become the prefferd choce for budget PC

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@juggler

The Dual Core E2140 is there since 8 months now :lol: it is not an issue with processor with Intel :p how ever compare to M2N-MX SE @ Rs. 2450/- there is none such Intel compatible board :(

there is just one 1 suggestable board which is XFX 630i 7150 @ Rs. 3450/- + TAX, then again its crippled but its single channel RAM layout :(

juggler

In the zone
@juggler

The Dual Core E2140 is there since 8 months now :lol: it is not an issue with processor with Intel :p how ever compare to M2N-MX SE @ Rs. 2450/- there is none such Intel compatible board :(

there is just one 1 suggestable board which is XFX 630i 7150 @ Rs. 3450/- + TAX, then again its crippled but its single channel RAM layout :(

ya somehow there r better boards available for AMD

the only good thing about the review from xbits lab that they have shown very nice graphs in form of price vs performance which makes the task of choosing a processor easier :)

I don't think its advisable to go for Phenom too soon. AMD is soon going to release AM3, their new socket architecture. Unlike Intel, AMD keeps their socket architecture for a loooong time, and makes sure that even new processors can fit into the Older motherboards(and their socket now is AM2).

Wait till Barcelona hits the shelves. Its a triple/quad core CPU for the AM3 socket.

and see this link:
*priceguru.in/archives/monthly-guides/1158

For a good multimedia PC, you might want to try the rather cheap(but effective) Microsoft Digital Media Pro Wired USB/PS2 @ 1.2k.
*priceguru.in/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/microsoft-digital-media-pro.jpg​

vps85

Broken In
Is this Good config?

Mobo ---- Asus P5E-VM HDMI
Processor ---- Intel E4500
RAM ---- 2 GB Kingston DDR2 @667mhz
HDD ---- Seagate 250GB @ 7200rpm @16mb Buffer

Cab ---- Suggest me a cabinet with SMPS under 2K

Let me know if this config is good and let me know the price for this. Reg mobo suggest me a Mobo which has G35 chipset. I dont need SLI

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
@Metalhead

AM3 will be only released at the end of 2008.........it will only happen after the downfall of AMD's AM2+ socket.:-D

And dude, who told u AMD keeps their socket for so long ??:rolleyes: Its Intel now keeping their 775LGA socket for a long time than AMD, they will change this socket only when the 32nm procs comes to market.

Think ur self...hw many of our friends were left behind by AMD when they shifted to AM2 from 939 ??*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/110.gif.....when I first tried to get X2 3800+ 939 it ws 24K, and after 9 months they brought out AM2 X2 3800+ for just around 4.5k!!!!........how can I forgive them???:mad: And dOm1naTOr brought X2 4200+ 939 for 12k just 2 months before AM2 ws released ...........AMD picked our pocket first and now selling AM2 at cheap rates, datz not a big deal.......:cool:

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
which 350/500 GB HDD to buy?

-Hitachi
or
-Western Digital

???

currently, i've 80GB Hitachi deskstar , came with HP Pavilion Desktop in Nov. 2005, really happy with its performance, till date no bad-sectors, data error, noise, slow down...even after going thru 1000's of power cut [when i didnt have UPS].

what would be the cost?

around $100 is fine:))
-------------------------

right now i have Corsair 1GB RAM (512x2),
[ TWIN2X1024A-6400 ]

www.corsair.com/products/xms2.aspx

i want to upgrade the RAM, 2 RAM slots are free, so when i get 2GB RAM (1x2), will i get the advantage of dual channel? as i've one dual channel running with 512x2 RAMs & other with 1GBx2.

www.corsair.com/_datasheets/TWIN2X2048-6400.pdf

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
Seagate 320GB(16MB buffer) : 3.6k
WD 320GB : 3.4k
Hitachi 320GB : 3.4

I perfer WD or Hitachi, they perform well and hav less cost. Seagate HDDs are having some problems nowadays, but don't know abt 320GB 16MB buffer PR HDD. Havn't sold out any PR models from Seagate lately....

I v hav tested with RAMs as u hav mentioned above.....but am not remembering d result well......I think it works in d following way;

2*512MB will act as a first pair of dual channel modules and 2*1GB modules will act as d 2nd pair of dual channel modules; and as a whole, it will act as two modules of 1GB(2*512) and 2GB(2*1GB) running in single channel. It will not be running as 2 pairs of dual channel.

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
i want to upgrade the RAM, 2 RAM slots are free, so when i get 2GB RAM (1x2), will i get the advantage of dual channel? as i've one dual channel running with 512x2 RAMs & other with 1GBx2.
It will surelly work. But both the 512s shud have same frequency nd models. And both the 1Gs also. But it wont affect of the 512 nd 1G has different frequency. The resultant will be the lowest of both pairs.
Nd use cpuz to check if they are workin in dual channel mode.:p

And bout the socket thingy, what gud is it with sticking to same socket nd proccys with same socket cant be used in it?
I mean even 915 boards have LGA 775 but it cant handle C2Ds, c2Qs or even dual cores like E 2140? People will easily get mistaken nd will easily land up in trouble who dun have proper knowledge[or dun care bout knowing].

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
And bout the socket thingy, what gud is it with sticking to same socket nd proccys with same socket cant be used in it?
I mean even 915 boards have LGA 775 but it cant handle C2Ds, c2Qs or even dual cores like E 2140? People will easily get mistaken nd will easily land up in trouble who dun have proper knowledge[or dun care bout knowing].

@domi

ya its ture ma buddy dat 915 cannot even handle E2140, but ma old P4 630 can go with the latest x48 chipset mobos.........and I can upgrade ma proc later when ever I want. wat abt it?????

juggler

In the zone
Intel hit by CPU shortages leading price surge of 20% in prices of E8400

AHhhhhh!!!!!!!

*www.legionhardware.com/news.php?id=5678

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom