Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
Ya we agree there. Choto, 4800+ is 4000 rs. few hundred rs more than 4400+
Since you say its better, I think ill go for the 4800+ instead of 4400+

yup, I agree with Choto Cheeta. 4200+ is a really really good buy, because its quite cheap compared to the others, still has only a small performance drop. And yes, you might want to concider the Radeon Direct X 10.1 Cards too.

If you use Maya in Linux, forget ATi and go with nVidia :(

If you have a connection in the US, try getting the 5000+ Black Edition for insane performance for money.

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
Heh , no US connetions .. :)
Final List,
AMD 4800+ or 4200+ (depends if i can shell out extra money)
Asus M2A-VM (sure about this ? )
Gefroce 8600Gt 256 mb ( i am pretty sure)
2 x 1Gb Trancend DDR2 800mhz SDRAM ( any other ? )

Heh , no US connetions .. :)
Final List,
Too Bad.
Anyway, @ Choto:

I realised that the Black Edition Processors are Brisbane Cores with unlocked multipliyers.
Is it possible to do a similar thing with that AMD Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 I was talking about earlier ? Its brisbane, and all I need to do is to unlock the multiplier :lol:

If its possible, I suggest maverick to try that. Its low power(65W instead of 90W). So it has a high OC potential(without cooling). Meaning that you get a better performance than a 4800+. At lower price.

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
Too Bad.
Anyway, @ Choto:

I realised that the Black Edition Processors are Brisbane Cores with unlocked multipliyers.
Is it possible to do a similar thing with that AMD Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 I was talking about earlier ? Its brisbane, and all I need to do is to unlock the multiplier :lol:

If its possible, I suggest maverick to try that. Its low power(65W instead of 90W). So it has a high OC potential(without cooling). Meaning that you get a better performance than a 4800+. At lower price.
Interesting ..
What say Choto ?
And what about the two chipsets, which is better - AMD 690G or nVIDIA 6100 ?

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
@Maverick

nope, its 7050PV IGP with nForce 630a chipset......

Almost all budget AMD mobos hav the same performance......

If u think dat way,is nForce570 ultra chipset of M2N-E bad??!!!!!

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
There is a Asus M2N-VM DH on Asus' website. Is that the one you are talking about ?
AMD Socket AM2
NVIDIA GeForce 6100 / nForce 430
Dual DDR2 800/667/533
1 x PCI Express x16 + 1 x PCI Express x1 + 2 x PCI
Dual VGA: DVI-D and D-Sub
8-channel HD Audio
2 x 1394a ports

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
No no....am not talking abt M2n-vm dh I said M2N-VM DVI

+with nVidia 7050 u r not going to hav any Linux driver issues.

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
Ah my bad , saw the wrong one .. all these model no are getting to me :p
So , yea the M2N-VM DVI is good. If both M2A-VM and M2N-VM DVI have same performance then I ll go for the M2N-Vm DVi since i WILL use Linux sometime. I just hope availability is not a prob ..

Edit : Ah .. i think we can all snooze now .. its late. Will check this thread tomo all day ;)

Last edited:
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting

all new 65nm X2 comes with 65w TDP :p the BE Range is at 45w TDP :lol: *www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_9485_13041^13076,00.html so even if u try to get 90w, u may end up without a X2 :lol:

BE range is not that populer in India :( so would be hard to find...

Interesting ..
What say Choto ?
And what about the two chipsets, which is better - AMD 690G or nVIDIA 6100 ?

as you are getting a grfx card, get your self the M2A-VM :p as of performence they (M2NPV VM and M2A-VM) are neck and neck... but M2A-Vm is cheaper than the nivida one so get that one :)

just abother tip... for value rams there really are not performance differnce on 667 vs 800 MHz RAM :p and the 2 GB modules are quite cheap (kingsnote 2 GB DDR-II 667 MHz) available at Rs. 1800/- + TAX :)

as your motherboard supports upto 8 GB get your self a single 2 GB module so that after 6 month when the RAM prices for 2 GB will be even lower, u may add another 2 GB stick to run dual channel :)

Gautam said:
Is it possible to do a similar thing with that AMD Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 I was talking about earlier ? Its brisbane, and all I need to do is to unlock the multiplier

nah... AMD only allow that in their black edition :(

Last edited:
nah... AMD only allow that in their black edition :(
Those ******* ******** ****heads... Do you realise that by this allowing of OCing only in kale versions, they are shutting out a huge potential market thats waiting here for those processors, especially in budget concious countries like india ?

Whereas Intel is waaaay toooo cleverer than AMD.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
MetalheadGautham said:
Do you realise that by this allowing of OCing only in kale versions

I am sorry may be i made a mistake to make you understand :lol: all AMD X2 can be over clocked but there is a theoritical limit for them :lol: where as the Black Edition comes with no limit... means if you have the proper tools to keep the heat under control u can go on and on and on :lol:

I am sorry may be i made a mistake to make you understand :lol: all AMD X2 can be over clocked but there is a theoritical limit for them :lol: where as the Black Edition comes with no limit... means if you have the proper tools to keep the heat under control u can go on and on and on :lol:
I know it, thankyou.:lol: But 5000+ Black can do 3.3 GHz easily(and still have no cooling or stability problems), but 500+ normal can only go till 3.10. See the difference ?

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
@Harvik780
u got another 8800!!! wow gr8 dude...and have u sold those 2*8600GT?
I haven't yet sold my 8600GT SLI.If i get my new phone's sim available and activated today i'll post a full comparison review with benefits and cons.

woah :D coooooool some screenshots pictures and a review please :D
I also bought a camera phone but i'll be getting the sim today at 11:00am.

he must be one big graphic card freak.
Besides, does one XFX 8800GT 512mb GDDR3 out perform two XFX 8600GT 512(also reply for 256)mb GDDR3 in a computer ?(the later is in SLi, and the former is a single card).

Is doing what I said (replacing 8800gt with two 8600gt) a good VFMising PC technique ?

A single 8800GT will surprise you at some points while benching.It will totally destroy the previously affordable G80 core and even then it'll be cheaper,more affordable.A single 8800GT card will crunch the back out of any 8600GT SLI and my comparison review will prove it.
Since i have myself used SLI my opinion is that you should better buy a single highest end card rather than setting up SLI.I will post the reasons in my review.

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
Hmm , alright.
Summing up :
Asus M2A-VM
AMD 4800+
GEforce 8600GT 256M
1 x 2 GB Trancend or Kigston 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

If this is finalised , I can wait for a few more inputs from members and go buy it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom