Basic guide for the right power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Only MD has it and it is listed at 2.9k .

Should I settle for VS450 from flipkart ?

I think you are quoting the price of FK .. anyway here's the links :

link
Link
Link

some e-tailers has listed it as CX 430 but the old model is long gone so most probably every shop is selling the new V2 unit actually .. though mail/call them before buying just to be sure about it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes, Corsair VS350 is available but quality wise it not may be so good like cx430v2 ..... btw, a 600VA UPS has nothing to do with a 430W/350W PSU - UPS buying depends on your pc's power consumption, the backup time you want and PSUs efficiency.

OP
The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Beware of Corsair PSUs now. They've been jumping one OEMs after another, irrespective of the rev/model number. Especially newer GS, CX V2, TX V2, some of their AX "i" series (maybe). Corsair PSU has become way too confusing that I've stopped recommending Corsair psu units for a while, sticking to recommending Seasonic OEMs if they're willing to bite the bullet with Tirupathi enterprises if the situation arrives and CM. There's Antec too but rely on reviews with actual testing method and I am not sure about their rma policy's effectiveness.

This is also point out that Coolermaster said that they're sticking with following OEMS in their current models:
CWT
Seasonic
Enhance

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
^^
The Sorcerer I think its time you should draw up a list of recommended PSUs in categories from 350 to 1000Watts. It would be of great help.Thank you.

The TX is already gone to HiPro...I dont know whats next....Deer or Flower!!!:rofl:

OP
The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
350w?

Easier said than done! There are those who have good power supplies but the distri is shady. Luckily CM this time sticking to these OEMs or else you're stuck with Tirupathi's antics although seasonic shouldn't have that problem. I am not sure of antec. FSP doesn't seem to be active, too! Corsair AX non-i series are good. S12II and GX series should be good enough for most part. Thunder series are CWT/Enhance OEMs, apparently.

Last edited:

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Corsair PSU with Seasonic oem is more preferred than the other corsair psu oems.
In addition, its cheaper as compared to a Corsair model with same power.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
I am asking for Seasonic PSUs because Corsair is/has been changing OEMs.

Sorry my line was not properly phrased.
"we prefer certain corsair models because their oem is seasonic. Example: tx650v2(seasonic) > tx 650m(cwt)"
What I am trying to convey is that you are good to go with any seasonic model. :)

cadinvent

Broken In
Beware of Corsair PSUs now. They've been jumping one OEMs after another, irrespective of the rev/model number. Especially newer GS, CX V2, TX V2
I have made my mind to buy corsair cx 430 v2 but as it also fall into the list of crap, can you please suggest me a PSU in the range of 350 to 450 watts. What are the model numbers of Antec, XFX in that wattage range?
Thanks in advance.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
I have made my mind to buy corsair cx 430 v2 but as it also fall into the list of crap, can you please suggest me a PSU in the range of 350 to 450 watts. What are the model numbers of Antec, XFX in that wattage range?
Thanks in advance.

Get Antec vp450p psu - rs 2900

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom