Corsair CX430 V2 Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

OP
The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
there is a difference between the cx 430 and cx430v2
v2 is 80plus certified

Requoting the original post that I've made:
So can we buy any power supply with 80 plus certification with our closed?
Absolutely NOT! You will still have to read reviews and see if the 80 plus certification holds any credibility in the real world tests. Do note that power supplies tested for getting this certification are tested on labs in a controlled environment. A possibility exists that in "real time" temps, humidity and conditions (some have dusty or "dry" environment) will give out very different results which can contradict with the 80 plus certification. Do also note that Ecos Consulting, the company giving out the 80 plus certifications, tests power supplies at a room temperature of only 23º C. If you have observed, many companies brag about running this power supply on operational temps of 40~50 degrees and put this certification label on the box inorder to make a quick sale. There have been majority of the scenarios that peers with limited technical knowledge and experience, without reading a proper unadulterated review give rave advices and recommend to buy a psu solely for the certification- unfortunately its these people who don't know the difference between lab environment and real world environment- let alone the difference between 23 degrees celcius and the labelled operational temps between 40~50 degrees mentioned on the bo these days. If this is the case, even power supplies with obsolete design can get 80 plus certification very easily.

cadinvent

Broken In
there is no gs 350w from corsair

Sorry its Corsair vs 350 & I bought it as I am getting a warranty
of 3 yrs where as if I buy Seasonic from flipkart I am getting
only 30 day replacement warranty as seasonic service center isn't
available here. Purchased Asus DVD writer and APC 600 VA UPS.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/service-rma-watch/152432-who-handles-seasonic-rma.html

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

now that you've purcahsed the PSU there's nothing more to say except congtas ;-) but you right about there's no locaql service center for seasonic products in your are .. anyway, for future reference here's the link of the distributor come service center of seasonic ( select as pper your city ) :
Overclockers Zone

cadinvent

Broken In
I read the review of corsair vs 350 and everyone is saying that it is a bad psu (in Flipkart). Will it fry my computer components? I don't overclock my PC and don't do any type of gaming. I use my PC for running AutoCAD LT 2011 (lighter version of AutoCAD), VMware Player, Eagle PCB Design Software, Flash 8 (for cartoons), C Compiler & MS Office 2007. Some people are saying that corsair vs series develops humming sound, is it true? I was informed earlier in this forum that Corsair is playing musical chair with OEMs < How it will effect their product and what are the consequences of using those psus? I was also informed that vs series is low on quality < Will this fry PC Components?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
at-least VS 350 is better than some desi generic PSUs so if you have bought any VS PSU from corsair there's nothing much you can do and there's not much to worry about either.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
+1 Corsair PSUs are much better than most generic PSUs. Also I'd say read reviews on other sites than Flipkart. IMO reviews there are not too trustworthy.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
I am confused between these

Seasonic 520W Power Supply - Buy Computer Components @ Best Price | Snapdeal

and

Corsair 500W CX PSU 5x SATA 2x PCI-Express

Which will be good to buy ?

I am intending to upgrade to Haswell soon .

ASHISH65

Technomancer
I am confused between these

Seasonic 520W Power Supply - Buy Computer Components @ Best Price | Snapdeal

and

Corsair 500W CX PSU 5x SATA 2x PCI-Express

Which will be good to buy ?

I am intending to upgrade to Haswell soon .

Both donot support haswell cpus.you have to get corsair tx 650 v2 psu @5.5k

OP
The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Both donot support haswell cpus.you have to get corsair tx 650 v2 psu @5.5k

You really need to get some facts right:
#1. Those power states are disabled by default irrespective of the motherboard brand.
#2. Most companies have released the list.
#3. If you've read few articles, the changes are only on the 12v rail, and processors aren't the only components that takes power from the 12V rail.

Allu Azad: In all honesty, Corsair has been constantly changing their OEMs/Rev numbers. Reliability and quality have been degrading, except in HX and AX non i series so far (not sure about the i series). So better off sticking with Seasonic S12II series.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
You really need to get some facts right:
#1. Those power states are disabled by default irrespective of the motherboard brand.
#2. Most companies have released the list.
#3. If you've read few articles, the changes are only on the 12v rail, and processors aren't the only components that takes power from the 12V rail.

Allu Azad: In all honesty, Corsair has been constantly changing their OEMs/Rev numbers. Reliability and quality have been degrading, except in HX and AX non i series so far (not sure about the i series). So better off sticking with Seasonic S12II series.

Thank you :)
Ordered the Seasonic one .

OP
The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Corsair CX V2 is not crap
Read the most detailed review below
Corsair CX430 V2 Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets
You also need to look at the rev version and not just number. Reviewers don't get media samples whenever a newer rev comes out, so its hard to say.

Like that if you're saving, within the GX series there were 2 revs- which CM didn't bother to mention about the second rev which has bit better than the previous rev. It is only now they have GX II, of which I am not sure how good it is, same for thunder series. CM told me that they're sticking with enhance and seasonic oems only. Their V Series psu is made by Seasonic.

Corsair on the other is doing what CM used to do few years ago- and even worse. They have been changing OEMs after a particular period and have been known to degrade stuff. The "C" version of VX450 was known to be REALLY bad (something that overclock.net forum members highlighted), same for CX series. V2 came which turned out to be better but newer lots seem to be of different OEM and degraded capacitors. So far HX and AX are not messed around with... yet!

Long story made short, avoid Corsair as of now as they've decided to alienate their loyal userbase and its just a matter of time the shitstorm blows. Suffice to say Corsair is eventually going to have a 'Extreme Series' bashing session in any of the forums :p. Stick to Seasonic and their OEMS. Some of the Antec and coolermaster units use seasonic OEMs. For 450W units, stick with Antec VP450 and Seasonic S12II 430. 500w? S12II 520. GX series can be considered, but I am not sure about GX II series.

Only problem with Seasonic is Tirupathi enterprises. Some people have reported that they get bad service and late replies, but atleast in Mumbai I haven't heard anything. Considering that they're not dumb enough to mess/degrade their existing models, the chance to RMA Seasonic PSU is very less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom