Legend Never Ends
my frnds rig is

i5-2500k
msi z68 gd65 gen
8gb gskill ripjaws 1600mhz ram
1tb seagate hdd+500 seagate hdd+250gb hitachi hdd

he will b adding zotac gtx560 ti n he has corsair vx550 psu
is it safe

Yes it is good enough :) Does he overclock?

ameya.gargesh

Broken In
First of all, thanks to everyone who helped me out.

@Sam I looked at the ITWares site and it seems like they don't have the FSP 500W or the Gigabyte 460W. I had also heard that there were some problems with the Corsair 430 earlier on. Have they been fixed in V2? Also I found the Seasonic 400W on the ITWares site at the same price as the Corsair. Which of them would be better or doesn't it matter as both are reputed brands with 80 plus and active FPC?

@topgear Sorry for the confusion, I meant that I calculated the power requirements for my rig with any additions I would make over the next couple of years including a modest graphics card (I think I checked against the HD 5670) would be 290W. Honestly speaking I don't see myself getting a very powerful gfx card even in the future as I am happy to use my xbox for gaming.

@thetechfreak I checked the online sites again and unfortunately neither theitwares nor primeabgb seem to carry the FSP 500W any more. I could however, find it on bitfang. Has anyone got an idea about the reputation of bitfang?

Once again thanks all of you for responding.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
First of all, thanks to everyone who helped me out.

@Sam I looked at the ITWares site and it seems like they don't have the FSP 500W or the Gigabyte 460W. I had also heard that there were some problems with the Corsair 430 earlier on. Have they been fixed in V2? Also I found the Seasonic 400W on the ITWares site at the same price as the Corsair. Which of them would be better or doesn't it matter as both are reputed brands with 80 plus and active FPC?

@topgear Sorry for the confusion, I meant that I calculated the power requirements for my rig with any additions I would make over the next couple of years including a modest graphics card (I think I checked against the HD 5670) would be 290W. Honestly speaking I don't see myself getting a very powerful gfx card even in the future as I am happy to use my xbox for gaming.

@thetechfreak I checked the online sites again and unfortunately neither theitwares nor primeabgb seem to carry the FSP 500W any more. I could however, find it on bitfang. Has anyone got an idea about the reputation of bitfang?

Once again thanks all of you for responding.

even if you add a gfx card CX-430v2 would be enough ;-)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

Call them to confirm the availability. Most of the time, they have it but they do not update their website. ;)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ ameya.gargesh - you can get it from here at 2.2k ;-)
FSP SAGA II 500 500W Power Supply - SAGA II 500 by: FSP - TechShop.in

ameya.gargesh

Broken In
@topgear I checked the techshop site and it is showing the FSP 500 as no stock on its search page. Power Supplies - TechShop.in - Buy Tech Online Now!!!

I have heard that the Corsair 430 V2 has had a lot of complaints because of a whining/whirring noise coming from the PSU. I found the complaints logged all over the place including the Corsair forums as well. Has anyone got any personal experience with this? I looked and found another option - Seasonic 400ES model for the same price as the Corsair 430 V2. Would this be an ok buy? Otherwise I will have to go in the next segment i.e. 500W series of Tagan or Seasonic which is approx 3500 Rs.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
but Tagan carries just a single year warranty. why not raise your budget and get Seasonic S12-II 430W? check flipkart. they now sell PSU and price is same as other shops as it includes tax & carrying charges.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ ameya.gargesh - here on TDF many members have purchased Corsair CX430v2 and I've not seen anyone complaining about any noise issue so far ;-)

Cilus

laborare est orare
Sam, Tagan carries 2 Years of warranty, not 1 Year. Initially there was lots of confusion regarding this but now it has been cleared. Check online shops like Theitwares where it has been updated with 2 Years of warranty.

Also I don't hear any complain regarding CX 430 V2 till date. All the review sites, specially Jonnyguru and Kitguru have praised the PSU in their reviews and it addressed all the issues of the orginal CX series.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Sam, Tagan carries 2 Years of warranty, not 1 Year. Initially there was lots of confusion regarding this but now it has been cleared. Check online shops like Theitwares where it has been updated with 2 Years of warranty.

thanks. didn't know warranty is revised now.

ameya.gargesh

Broken In
Hi Guys, I unexpectedly came into a bit of money (about 7000 Rs.) and was thinking of investing in a graphics card using the same (sorry for the about-face on my earlier statement - "Not looking for graphics card in my build"). I looked up the forums and looks like the Sapphire Radeon HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 is around this budget. Will the Corsair CX 430 V2 or the Seasonic S12II -430 be able to support this graphics card? or will I have to go for the next level i.e. Corsair CX 500 V2 or the Seasonic S12II 520? Also, I saw that the recommended power for the 6770 is 25 A on the 12V rail. Now the Corsair 430W has 28A on a single 12V rail while the Seasonic 430 has two 12V rails with 17A on each and a total of 360W on the 12V rail which makes me suspect a total of 30A. Will the fact that there are two rails make a difference? Will this (Seasonic) be able to power this graphics card adequately? I am tending a bit toward the Seasonic because of the fact that they are the OEM and that they are giving 5 years of warranty as well as the 85% efficiency.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Hi Guys, I unexpectedly came into a bit of money (about 7000 Rs.) and was thinking of investing in a graphics card using the same (sorry for the about-face on my earlier statement - "Not looking for graphics card in my build"). I looked up the forums and looks like the Sapphire Radeon HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 is around this budget. Will the Corsair CX 430 V2 or the Seasonic S12II -430 be able to support this graphics card? or will I have to go for the next level i.e. Corsair CX 500 V2 or the Seasonic S12II 520? Also, I saw that the recommended power for the 6770 is 25 A on the 12V rail. Now the Corsair 430W has 28A on a single 12V rail while the Seasonic 430 has two 12V rails with 17A on each and a total of 360W on the 12V rail which makes me suspect a total of 30A. Will the fact that there are two rails make a difference? Will this (Seasonic) be able to power this graphics card adequately? I am tending a bit toward the Seasonic because of the fact that they are the OEM and that they are giving 5 years of warranty as well as the 85% efficiency.

Please post your whole configaration, then only we can suggest best product within your budget.

ameya.gargesh

Broken In
Hi Ghonada, my specs are already posted as the first post on page 22 of this thread. Unfortunately, I don't know how to link to it so posting here again -

Processor - Athlon II X4 630
Motherboard - Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
Graphics Card - None (Using onboard graphics)
RAM - Kingston 2x4GB (1333MHz)
HDD - WD 500GB Sata
Optical Drive - Samsung DVD R+W
Cabinet - Zebronics Bijli with PSU

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

HD6790 + FSP Saga II 500W/ Corsair CX430V2.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Sapphire HD 6770 1GB- 7.2K
Corsair CX500 V2-3K or Seasonic S12 II 520 Watt-3.4K

According to Tomshardware, AMD 6770 consumes 108Watt and AMD HD6790 consumes 150Watt of power.And since the performance is negligible.Its better to go with HD6770 than power hungry HD6790.

ameya.gargesh

Broken In
@Ghonada Thanks for the suggestions. Seasonic S12II seems to be closer to 3600 in price wherever I checked. Anyway, it is not available on flipkart and I was wondering if Seasonic S12II 430 will be sufficient to power the 6770 graphics card? If not I will have to look to some other online seller to get the Seasonic S12II 520. Also is it true that Seasonics have 5 years warranty compared to Corsairs 3 years?

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
ghonada translate that into money. Suppose you game for 5hrs. And suppose a unit is 3rs. Then monthly bill of 6790 will be 0.150x5x30x3 = 67.5rs. 6770 = 0.100x5x30x3 = 45rs.
:p
And performance difference isnt 'negligible'. So 6790 is worth :-D

Tenida

Gadget Freak
@Ghonada Thanks for the suggestions. Seasonic S12II seems to be closer to 3600 in price wherever I checked. Anyway, it is not available on flipkart and I was wondering if Seasonic S12II 430 will be sufficient to power the 6770 graphics card? If not I will have to look to some other online seller to get the Seasonic S12II 520. Also is it true that Seasonics have 5 years warranty compared to Corsairs 3 years?

If you're tight on budget you can go with Seasonic S12 II 430 watt(Will be enough for your current rig) if not 520 Watt version.More headroom in power department is always good for future upgrade.As we don't upgrade PSU much :)

Yes Seasonic S12 series has 5 years of warranty.Whereas Corsair CX v2,GS series has 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom