Basic guide for the right power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

theuser

Right off the assembly line
----------------------------------------
@desibond

Thnx for Reply... I think so its at 40W,and if switching to Quadro FX-1800,then it's 59W.
Actually I was Concerning about the Whole Rig-setup.

:arrow: So can someone tell me in my rig how much ' Total Power ' is to be Consumed ?

----------------------------------------

Last edited:

ShyamaC177

My current PC configuration :-

Intel Core2Quad Q8200 @ 3.15GHz (OC)
Asus P5Q Mobo
Asus triton 77 cpu cooler
4 x 2GB DDR2 @ 800MHz (Transcend)
Seagate 500GB x 2
XFX GeForce 9600GT
Cooler master CM 690 Chassis
PSU : Zebronics platinum series 600W (System has been working just fine.)

I recently got a new GFX card XFX GTX 260 BE 216 for which i require a PSU with at least 40A current output on the 12V rail and 2 x 6-pin PCI express connectors, i was planning on buying the Zebronics platinum series 800W as its the only brand of decent PSU i could find in my city (Bhubaneswar). Well but i have decided not to after reading this so i need a suggestion for a good PSU for the system. I'm planning on upgrading the system to i7 920 + Asus R2Gene + 6GB DDR3 + XFX GTX 260 BE (maybe also SLI it in future) so i need a good PSU that i can use for the new build. I have a max budget of 10k for the PSU so guys plz suggest a good PSU. Thx ^_^

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
I would wait for the nvidia's newer cards to launch if I were you, but if you must buy, then get the Palit GTX260 SONIC @ 10.5k.

Hmmm... PSU. I suggest modular PSU's for better cable management. Corsair HX620W is a good option @ 7.4k. Can easily handle all that you plan to throw. For OCing, consider the Corsair TX750W or Tagan BZ700, both under 10k AFAIK.

ShyamaC177

Well I got myself a Corsair HX620 from eBay, I guess it will be good enough for my current system. :-D

Last edited:
OP
The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ Even if corsair get another main distri, its not necessary they will bring the price down. Like I said- law of demand and supply. I bought my tx750 from prime under 7k during the time when vx450 was sold as cheap as 3.2k all inclusive.

vishnu_sreevalsan

Hi there,

I have decided to add an HD 4850 1Gb to my 2 year old pc.

Core 2 Duo E 7200
Intel DG31 PR
4 GB DDR 2 800 Transcend
1x 1 TB Seagate 7200.12 SATA
1x 160 GB Samsung Sata
1x Philips SPD2517T DVD RW
1X Dax Fast Ethernet PCI Card
I have a 19 inch monitor so the max res i would be playing games in is 1440x900

Since I live in Kerala and none of the big brands (Corsair,CM,Antec etc) are available I am thinking about the I ball Sprinter 600 from their high-end range, the only other option (that sounds decent) is a VIP 600 watt. Iball offers 3 year warranty.

Has anyone used these models ? If so kindly help me choose the lesser of the two evils.

And before anyone suggest buying from the Internet is not an option (after several bad experiences). I will get the components of my next PC from a metro, but really do not feel like traveling to pickup a PSU.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thread unlocked and stuck.

Note: All threads created prior to 2009 were locked to avoid spam bumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom