Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Discussion

icebags

Technomancer
question : why thanos came to fight in end-game with a double sided sword and full armours ?
answer : because unlike infinity war, he was not wearing the infinity gauntlet. in infinity was he was so confident, that he stripped down to tanktop, as if he was going for a beach walk. :D

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Eh, found it on IMDB, he says "Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck's scale, which then triggers the Doidge proposition"
Doidge proposition is not a thing
another meaningless phrase, similar to "inverted mobius strip"

Flash

Lost in speed
Eh, found it on IMDB, he says "Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck's scale, which then triggers the Doidge proposition"
Doidge proposition is not a thing
another meaningless phrase, similar to "inverted mobius strip"
Here's The Actual Science Behind That Huge Plot Point in Avengers: Endgame

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Ah yes, thanks, EPR paradox.

Here's The Actual Science Behind That Huge Plot Point in Avengers: Endgame
Read this when it came out in The Conversation, thing is they do not address all the technical terms used.
Still, a great read.

Flash

Lost in speed
Read this when it came out in The Conversation, thing is they do not address all the technical terms used.
Still, a great read.
Ya. Not all the terms are wrong though. From what i've read, EG handled the Time travel paradox effectively compared to the other time travel movies.
Maybe the technobabble was just to show-off Tony/Banner are the greatest minds of MCU, and whatever they do will surely work for a reason.

Flash

Lost in speed
question : why thanos came to fight in end-game with a double sided sword and full armours ?
answer : because unlike infinity war, he was not wearing the infinity gauntlet. in infinity was he was so confident, that he stripped down to tanktop, as if he was going for a beach walk. :D
Another way to look at is - 2018's Thanos got more time to study each Avenger effectively learning their weakness/strength, prior making a move in I-War. We also can't forget the fact that Thanos beat Hulk purely based on his Brute strength, and not with Infinity stones. He may've thought "If i can beat Hulk without stones, then i can very well take down others without my armor".

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
It's probably the Deutsch proposition and not the "Doidge proposition", seems like whoever put in IMDB got it wrong.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
If Rocket detected a similar energy signature as the one used on Earth during the snap, why did they have to think so much about where Thanos is, and when Nebula talks about his retirement plan, how does that information help the Avengers home in on the location?

icebags

Technomancer
If Rocket detected a similar energy signature as the one used on Earth during the snap, why did they have to think so much about where Thanos is, and when Nebula talks about his retirement plan, how does that information help the Avengers home in on the location?
well, may be their detection antenna was not facing towards thanos planet this time, to detect the energy signature. for the retirement plan, may be thanos shared with his beloved daughter about his desires to purchase a house to settle down at shimla post retirement.

they probably left a lot of gaps to use our imagination to fill in, as it seems.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^Haha :D

Anyone wanna try and list all the realities
-Lets call the main one the "prime universe". This is where the Snap gets unmade, Nat and Stark are dead. The future of the MCU.
-Cap gets old with Peggy in peggycap reality, then jumps back to the prime universe.
-Snap does not happen in the reality from where Thanos gets into the prime universe future - this is the best reality because both Black Widow and 2014 Gamora are alive, and so are Iron Man and Vision
-Thor, Rocket and War Machine are in the above reality? No clue lol
-In any case, there is another short lived timeline where the reality stone is taken out of Jane Foster by a future rocket raccoon, then returned to Jane Foster at the same time by future cap? Lulsk
-The Soul stone goes to future Barton... when Thanos shows up, he has all the other stones, but cannot really take the soul stone. Gamora really does have the last laugh in this timeline.
-Loki is alive with the space stone in the Lokiverse? That has to be a branch.
-We know that some kind hijinks will eventually lead to WandaVision
-Cap, Stark, Hulk and Antman start off like at least two branches

What this means is that an infinite number of daughter timelines identical to the prime universe timeline is being perpetually created to undo the snap in the parent prime universe timeline

this is quite the inverted mobius strip to unravel

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
The way I see it there are no multiple timelines(strictly in Endgame's context). Prime Universe IW snap was undone & that's it. Anything extra that happened in Prime universe & other "temporarily created timelines" were also undone by the end of the movie. Thanos did succeed but also died twice in prime universe(1st after IW snap & 2nd after coming from past of prime universe). The entire premise of returning infinity stones to their original places in past after undoing the snap was to prevent occurring of alternative timelines.

Anything opposite to above is simply plot hole if marvel does decide to bring back loki/gamora/iron man/black widow/vision in future movies of this phase of marvel movies.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
So where did Cap go to return Tessaract? 1970 or 2012?
Assuming he went to 1970 to return Tessaract and reunite with Peggy, they didn't close the timeline branch they created in 2012 where Loki took it and escaped.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I found Captain Marvel to be the most Powerful Superhero who can compete Thanos Head to Head. To Bad she had small role in Endgame...Would love to see her in upcoming movies :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
So where did Cap go to return Tessaract? 1970 or 2012?
Assuming he went to 1970 to return Tessaract and reunite with Peggy, they didn't close the timeline branch they created in 2012 where Loki took it and escaped.
I think when Tessaract was returned to 1970 it reset any changes done in 2012 by future versions.Of course marvel can use this as an excuse to bring back loki in future but that would be a plot hole like I mentioned in my previous post.

Reactions: nac
Top Bottom