Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Discussion

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
He came to their timeline because they already had all the infinity stones with glove and everything ready. And he also wanted to destroy their timeline's universe because according to him their Universe was an "experiment gone wrong" that he wanted to remove any evidence of.
It wasn't "experiment gone wrong",Thanos realised that this universe is the one which couldn't come to terms with event of IW so much that it actually devised such a plan to undo the IW event,this in his opinion disregarded all the benefits of half of all living beings surviving & so he decided to recreate this universe from the beginning after removing the memory of IW event so that there are no resentments left

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Created this thread from the posts from Movie discussion thread.
You guys may remove your spoiler tags now. Let's discuss the most hyped movie in the history of Hollywood.

I personally felt a nice adieu to most of the characters. However as far as time travel goes, they really messed up a lot of it.
Remove time travel goof ups, and this was a really good movie indeed.

This video explains the goof ups in time travel plot of the movie:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
How do they know in Sanctum they will find the Time stone? Was it a rough guess?

I've some questions on EG
>Who decided the mission assignments for avengers when picking up infinity stones?
>Was it random selection or wilful?
They were discussing in the Avenger compound. At least at one point one of them were there where the stone was (except for Soul stone). And I am assuming that they were guessing that Strange should have time stone in 2012, in New York @ Sanctum.
Thor knows when and where the stone was (the one with Natalie Portman)
Cap and Tony know about those two stones
Nebula knows about that stone

So it's not random, kinda planned. Yeah, Barton and Natasha were random.

To get Soul stone, it has to be a Sacrifice by the one who stays, right? Not suicide by the other. Gamora didn't kill herself, so that Thanos would get the Soul stone. In fact, she resisted and Thanos pushed her. But here it sure is suicide.

^^ apparently they showed us the story of only the one reality among the 14 million, where they succeeded. :lol:

in some other reality some other combination took place and probably that failed - that would be my guess. :D
But they didn't have any resource to try other combination. This is the only thing they tried and succeeded.

so what kind of story is old captain hiding. how did he return to his original timeline ?
GUESSING:
He just lived in that timeline and was sitting on that bench waiting for Sam, Bucky and Hulk (cause he knows from this time/place he was sent back with the stones). Now we have two Captain, one who lived with Peggy and got old and one who found from the ice in 2012 Avengers. ;)

There are some things which Infinity stones can't resurrect such as Vision and Gamora.
Why not? Gamora is alive in this new timeline, right?

If Gamora can come back alive, why not Natasha and Iron Man or anyone for that matter. Now they have enough Pym particles and Doctor Pym himself has come back if they need to make some new Pym particles. All they need to do is just send one few days back with two extra that time travel thingy to Avenger compound where Iron man, Natasha and all other planning/discussing how to get the stones and bring them back to current timeline. Viola!!!

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Why not? Gamora is alive in this new timeline, right?

If Gamora can come back alive, why not Natasha and Iron Man or anyone for that matter. Now they have enough Pym particles and Doctor Pym himself has come back if they need to make some new Pym particles. All they need to do is just send one few days back with two extra that time travel thingy to Avenger compound where Iron man, Natasha and all other planning/discussing how to get the stones and bring them back to current timeline. Viola!!!
Resurrection by Infinity stones and not via Time travel.
Gamora came back from past timeline when Thanos was preparing for getting the Infinity Stones. Sure, we can get back Black Widow from past timeline. But that would be kinda Happy Ending.

Reactions: nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
How did Thanos with his ship time traveled without Pym particles? Nebula had just enough for one round trip which 2014 Nebula used to get back to current timeline.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
How did Thanos with his ship time traveled without Pym particles? Nebula had just enough for one round trip which 2014 Nebula used to get back to current timeline.
Thanos reverse engineered the Pym Particles to mass produce for his troops.

Reactions: nac

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Man, this Avengers spoiler thing is too overblown. I am sure this is just a plan of their marketing department to drive more sales. Can we just discuss this normally without using spoiler tags? It says in the title that there will be spoilers, that should be warning enough.

icebags

Technomancer
Man, this Avengers spoiler thing is too overblown. I am sure this is just a plan of their marketing department to drive more sales. Can we just discuss this normally without using spoiler tags? It says in the title that there will be spoilers, that should be warning enough.

yah, there marketing dept has been doing a fine job at sales since the start of mcu. but it was not always like that.

so, for anyone who wants to look a little into their history :

for now they have practically endless supply of marvel comics to make movies on. expect increased number of movies every year. after the release of the upcoming spider man movie, we will probably get some hint on, what will be coming next.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
for now they have practically endless supply of marvel comics to make movies on.
That applies to DC too,it is not a guarantee that marvel movies will repeat their success every time. Infinity Gauntlet is probably the most popular/recognizable crossover/team-up story in marvel universe( 15 Best Marvel Comics Storylines Of All Time ). Maybe next time they can reboot Infinity Gauntlet storyline with X-men,fantastic 4 & adam warlock.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Going by Wiki, they have plans for 2 movies next year and 3 each in 2021 and 2022. Additional 20 planned through for the next decade.

Guess, they will keep making until everyone finds it boring.

icebags

Technomancer
That applies to DC too,it is not a guarantee that marvel movies will repeat their success every time. Infinity Gauntlet is probably the most popular/recognizable crossover/team-up story in marvel universe( 15 Best Marvel Comics Storylines Of All Time ). Maybe next time they can reboot Infinity Gauntlet storyline with X-men,fantastic 4 & adam warlock.

that is expected somehow. if they want to bring galactus as villain in future they will have to bring silver surfer. if silver surfer shows face, fantastic 4 will follow at some point. i wonder if chris evans would like to be human torch again ? :D

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Aren't Fantastic 4 and Silver Surfer licensed to Sony? I don't think Marvel can make movies on them unless they come to an agreement similar to what they did with Spiderman.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aren't Fantastic 4 and Silver Surfer licensed to Sony? I don't think Marvel can make movies on them unless they come to an agreement similar to what they did with Spiderman.
Acquisition of 21st Century Fox by Disney - Wikipedia
Disney now owns both Marvel Entertainment & 21st century fox(sony holds spiderman rights,Fantastic 4 & Silver Surfer rights were held by 21st century fox).

Here is a very detailed explanation of marvel characters & various companies holding their rights:
Avengers IP, Assemble: the wild, circuitous path to Marvel getting its own brands back

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
that is expected somehow. if they want to bring galactus as villain in future they will have to bring silver surfer. if silver surfer shows face, fantastic 4 will follow at some point. i wonder if chris evans would like to be human torch again ? :D
Silver Surfer, Deadpool, Wolverine, Death and the Titans were supposedly vital for Infinity Gauntlet storyline as well, but they managed without

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I would have loved to see Deadpool in Avengers. Best comic relief IMO.

Also, in the comics:
Thanos actually kills people because he wants to woo Lady Death, who in turn is attracted to Deadpool.

Top Bottom