Australian radio host abuses India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
I find this thread most ironical. I think that green mod says it no big deal. But if the same RJ were to join TDF and post his speech here, he would be banned immediately.

Oh dear. This forum is not a nation. Try saying "F___ you" to your teacher or boss and then see the consequences. There is time and place for free speech everywhere.

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
He is telling the truth everyone knows. But his choice of words are not correct. But this is the word common people use to describe something unclean. He is a radio host not a diplomat. It's not just Government which is responsible for lack of cleanliness. It's we the people. The countries which are clean, the people themselves are disciplined and want to keep their home and country clean. Our people don't have that. At the maximum, they will clean their house and throw the junk in public areas.

Bang on target - it is us who have to change to behave in public places, learn cleanliness and hygeine, etc. People only clean their own house, but it is also their responsibility to keep the public places clean, and not throw things like disposable food packets, trash, cigarette butts, etc just about anywhere on the road but only on trash cans. But for that the city municipality have to put trash cans on every street crossing, just like I have seen abroad. I have personally seen people throwing their trash on the road through their windows or patios without any care where it falls, be it on someone else's head or someone else's car.

But I agree, foreign media cannot say like that. Try saying something against the US or President Obama in their own country or something against the Aussies in Australia or say England are talking trash (Vaughan, Laxman and the vaseline issue) and not upholding the cricket spirit in the current test series in England and see how they react. Or say something against the P_rkistanis in P_rkistan???

:+1:

First we will have to change our culture of making ganga a graveyard!! Which in India is impossible. (Traditions!)

+1 to this.

Yea :D .

Just like Australia is filled up with " Criminals " :D

Try to say that Australians are racist and criminals with some Aussie around. :!:

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Oh dear. This forum is not a nation. Try saying "F___ you" to your teacher or boss and then see the consequences. There is time and place for free speech everywhere.

"This forum is not a democracy.BANNED."
It was often used by the admins here in the old days while dealing with rebels.:lol:

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Try saying something against the US or President Obama in their own country
or something against the Aussies in Australia
Or say something against the P_rkistanis in P_rkistan???

Try to say that Australians are racist and criminals with some Aussie around. :!:

what's your point?
I dont think Kyle has got balls to say the same while on Indian grounds. I will personally be there to kick his butt if he does.

Piyush

Lanaya
Whats big deal in this?Just because an outsider said these words about us, we starting to feel angry about it!
He's saying right thing and he can say more, who can stop this?
He's saying what is truth.
We should rather change the perspective of such people by cleaning the mess out, not by asking apology because he said an apple as an apple.
its been a decade since the "Yamuna Clean up" initiative was started.
Crores were spent and the situation is even worse.Okhla biodiversity was hit badly.
Same gonna happen to ganga too, there's not a doubt in it.

Thing is many of the Indian rituals are useless and harm the environment badly
Burying a body in soil is OK, but why is it needed to throw the burnt/semi-burnt bodies into the water?

Heck...I can go pages on this.....

Tech&ME

Banned
Whats big deal in this?Just because an outsider said these words about us, we starting to feel angry about it!
He's saying right thing and he can say more, who can stop this?
He's saying what is truth.
We should rather change the perspective of such people by cleaning the mess out, not by asking apology because he said an apple as an apple.
its been a decade since the "Yamuna Clean up" initiative was started.
Crores were spent and the situation is even worse.Okhla biodiversity was hit badly.
Same gonna happen to ganga too, there's not a doubt in it.

Thing is many of the Indian rituals are useless and harm the environment badly
Burying a body in soil is OK, but why is it needed to throw the burnt/semi-burnt bodies into the water?

Heck...I can go pages on this.....

Some hindu ritual. They believe doing so will lead them (dead person's souls) to HEAVEN

If only we can divert ourselves from such rituals, we can really have every river clean and environment friendly.

People wash their cloths, utensils, and what not directly in such rivers.

In a true democracy,you would get away with it thanks to free speech rights.
(at least from the law.He may punch you personally and get arrested.)
*waeshael.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/policees1807_468x369.jpg

So, true :grin:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
But is that even true? Yeah convicts were taken to Australia centuries ago, but that's not a point to beat them with. And you cannot take isolated case of racism in order to beat them with. Indians are more racists anyway.

What he said is very true but in real "bad choice of words" (apparently) which is not suitable in Public at all. But just think it literally means that India is a very, very unclean country and Ganga is very poorly maintained and dirty river, which is very true.

Let's even go further on Aussies language, "sh1thole" could be a pretty common usage of a word there, I would assume just like the Brits. Brits often call places which they don't like as a sh1hole in a very normal context. You often find Brits using the term b*stard in normal context as well.

Isn't it very much possible the seeming offence is not even intended?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
People here give 1st preference to a person belonging to a religion for education, selling/renting houses, financing start-up businesses, jobs, school/college admissions, govt. jobs, etc. and yet We see "Breaking news" because of some unknown radio host of a local radio station made a single remark.

Indian media is funny!

Another funny thing is people will throw garbage, spit on the road, park on the wrong side of the road, go through no entry road and mess a mess for their neighbours- but when we shift to others countries, our switch is flipped.

Last edited:

sygeek

Technomancer
People will throw garbage, spit on the road, park on the wrong side of the road, go through no entry road and mess a mess for their neighbours- but when we shift to others countries, our switch is flipped.
Yeah, people with such behavior in foreign countries are looked down upon. In India, it's just normal, normal as in, the people worth looking down upon in other countries, are Indians.

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
what's your point?
I dont think Kyle has got balls to say the same while on Indian grounds. I will personally be there to kick his butt if he does.

Nothing, just that people will have to think twice to say something against any country and it's people if people of that country are around, be it in their own country or a foreign country. Similarly people will have to think twice to say something against a religion when someone from that religion is around.

But is that even true? Yeah convicts were taken to Australia centuries ago, but that's not a point to beat them with. And you cannot take isolated case of racism in order to beat them with. Indians are more racists anyway.

What he said is very true but in real "bad choice of words" (apparently) which is not suitable in Public at all. But just think it literally means that India is a very, very unclean country and Ganga is very poorly maintained and dirty river, which is very true.

Let's even go further on Aussies language, "sh1thole" could be a pretty common usage of a word there, I would assume just like the Brits. Brits often call places which they don't like as a sh1hole in a very normal context. You often find Brits using the term b*stard in normal context as well.

Isn't it very much possible the seeming offence is not even intended?

Ok bhai, agreed.:)

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
ToI has achieved what they wanted to achieve. They sensationalize this piece of news and received thousands of additional hits.

Tech&ME

Banned
^^

That is all we Indian can do. Instead of taking his criticism and correcting ourselves, changing our dirty habits we run to get apologies .... :grin:

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
yes, completely agree with you Tech&ME... :(
I am waiting for the day when all of it will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom