Discussion: ASUS Appoints DIGICARE as ASP

funskar

Padawan
Rashi will only rma mobo+gpus which goes kaput under week..
And keep in mind still rashi is only asus rma one stop shop:wink:

drkks

Banned
Lolz..

@OT If Digicare manages Asus motherboard services then it will be awesome. I have had very good experiences with Digicare.

Same here. The people are really helpful. In fact, the person at Digicare was mentioning a few months ago that they are going to be ASP for ASUS soon. Really glad that it happened.:)

drkks

Banned
Since digicare also handles Intel RMA does it mean Intel mobo RMA will also improve?
Thanks.

Yes, that's correct. I was encountering problem with my Intel DX58SO motherboard around 2-3 months back. I gave it for RMA and got the fresh piece at my doorstep within 7-10 days. Digicare is really excellent and their support staff is also very helpful. :)

Last edited:

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes, that's correct. I was encountering problem with my Intel DX58SO motherboard around 2-3 months back. I gave it for RMA and got the fresh piece at my doorstep within 7-10 days. Digicare is really excellent and their support staff is also very helpful. :)
Thanks. Seems like Intel can be trusted with good ass now.

maddy

Journeyman
so far i am having good services from digicare in replacing my ram sticks :D
i am hoping digicare will handle asus nicely even though Mumbai office gets over crowdy at Saturday or Monday
but they got 2 offices at lamington road so hopefully finally faster services of Asus......... rashi is always painful :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
talking about faster service - here in Kolkata I've submitted my Asus mobo on 16th Nov. and when I esquired about this yesterday they gave me the same reply as they did with the previous 4 phone calls in between - the answer - ( as they did not able to repair the mboo they have forwarded the matter to Asus - got this reply on 23rd Nov. ) they don't know how long it would take for Asus to give them the reply whether to replace the mobo or give me a credit note .. now come on - this mobo is just 1 and half month old when I gave it for RMA and the model ie M5A97 r2.0 is available on the market - so what taking so long for Asus/Digicare to give me a satisfactory solution.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@topgear,its just my guess but after your experience with gigabyte i believe that it is not the company but the city/region which seems to be the issue here.maybe a poll/topic on how many people faced difficulties in RMA in kolkata will clear the situation.as from whatever i read here it seems that no matter the brand/company if it is kolkata you will face issues.

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
This is the reason why i avoid ASUS. Had to buy their Xonar DX sound card as i had no option. Luckily they gave me a replacement in 3 days when the first one stopped working. Despite this i'll probably never buy an ASUS motherboard. :cry:
talking about faster service - here in Kolkata I've submitted my Asus mobo on 16th Nov. and when I esquired about this yesterday they gave me the same reply as they did with the previous 4 phone calls in between - the answer - ( as they did not able to repair the mboo they have forwarded the matter to Asus - got this reply on 23rd Nov. ) they don't know how long it would take for Asus to give them the reply whether to replace the mobo or give me a credit note .. now come on - this mobo is just 1 and half month old when I gave it for RMA and the model ie M5A97 r2.0 is available on the market - so what taking so long for Asus/Digicare to give me a satisfactory solution.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Avoiding purchases of a particular brand, especially a good brand, due to its after sales service is not exactly a valid reason.
Asus makes very good products. The probability of a defective product is quite low. Same for any other decent brand.
Seasonic can be another example.

Might agree with whitestar's comment to an extent. Or maybe the parent company (asus) policy doesnt enforce the type of service one expects.
Corsair service is quite consistent regardless of the region, while asus service varies a lot.

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
It is valid. Doesnot make sense to buy ASUS board and have sleepless nights! Gigabyte is TIER 1 motherboard manufacturer and their after sales is way better!
Avoiding purchases of a particular brand, especially a good brand, due to its after sales service is not exactly a valid reason.
Asus makes very good products. The probability of a defective product is quite low. Same for any other decent brand.
Seasonic can be another example.

Might agree with whitestar's comment to an extent. Or maybe the parent company (asus) policy doesnt enforce the type of service one expects.
Corsair service is quite consistent regardless of the region, while asus service varies a lot.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
It is valid. Doesnot make sense to buy ASUS board and have sleepless nights! Gigabyte is TIER 1 motherboard manufacturer and their after sales is way better!

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/service-rma-watch/161290-gigabyte-motherboard-rma-prepare-humiliated.html

Good luck.

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
This is one off situation. I've heard good stuff about gigabyte. A friend of mine used to work for SMC international. The shop guys told him RMA % is least in gigabyte. Go figure :)
Rashi RMA is famous all over indian tech forums so its not a biggie to conclude buying asus in India is not wise. Its unfortunate.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/service-rma-watch/161290-gigabyte-motherboard-rma-prepare-humiliated.html

Good luck.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
This is one off situation. I've heard good stuff about gigabyte. A friend of mine used to work for SMC international. The shop guys told him RMA % is least in gigabyte. Go figure :)
Rashi RMA is famous all over indian tech forums so its not a biggie to conclude buying asus in India is not wise. Its unfortunate.

I understand rashi makes asus look bad.

PS: You are making me nervous about my mobo now :(

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
It is if it applies in most/all the states. No1 buys transcend because of large amount of time they take to RMA. Barely anyone stocks them even if some of the stuff is good.

@topgear,its just my guess but after your experience with gigabyte i believe that it is not the company but the city/region which seems to be the issue here.
Yeah. But like that if you say, a lot of people running service centres are douchebag jerks anyways, irrespective of the city. The problems gets resolved only when the company guys intervenes after confirming that its not the customer's fault, then there's something wrong with people's though process. Then again, many would agree that having a proper communication is not reasonable, especially if and when someone gets a pretty low pay grade.

saswat23

Human Spambot
So to conclude, overally its Asus that's taking so long for service.
Even my mobo took 2 months both the times I RMAed.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
So to conclude, overally its Asus that's taking so long for service.
Even my mobo took 2 months both the times I RMAed.

Same here. 2+months after rma got a Credit Note.

The problem is not with asus but with asus policy for monitoring the service providers. It just sucks.

If corsair can manage the product and service quality, why cant asus or any other comany for that matter.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Contacted Asus on this issue ( M5A97 R2.0 ) and got a ticket id - Asus has forwarded this issue to Digicare but Digicare did not give a reply yet ( through e-mail ) and contacted some other person - let's see how things go from here.

@ sukesh1090 - just a few days ago RAMed a Corsair PSU though it took 12 days finally I got a brand new PSU with sealed retail box and the only Okish experience I had with XFX motherboard ( back on 2008 - took 26 days to get replacement though they sent the complete box the service center guys just gave me the mobo ) and there's no price for guessing who was the Distributor ?

Now we are all talking about AMD to bring FX-6300 but to RMA my 955BE I was not able to get even a RMA No. from them which is required for the RMA process ? Do you really trust a company like this anymore ?

When I faced issue with Viewsonic monitor there was almost no existence of this brand on the market and still now how many Viewsonic monitors are available ? The issue with the XFX gfx card - it was due to some guy's personal mentality.

Coming to the present days - you all know Sam ( one of our forum mod ) - when he RMAed his Gigabyte mobo ( probably a year old ) in Assam he got a brand new mobo with box pack and it was a upgraded version - Now Do you know what Mr. Sankar from Gigabyte has told me about the RMA issue - he can not provide a new mobo for a 2 years old mobo ? Now where in the blue world it's written on any companies service policy ? ( and after seeing a refurbished mobo you would not want accept it unless you have to ) and the response from Gigabyte Taiwan was to contact the service center with which i was facing issues ? I'm still grateful to The Sorcerer on this - he did his best.

From my personal experience with local service center I can tell it's some higher position guys in the Service center who creates issue like this ( you go high enough, you always come to one man ? ) - seen this happening with Gigabyte and Rashi both and I still remember their names like J.F. Kennedy once told : forgive your enemies, but never forget their names. Now these persons are more important to the manufacturer than some customers facing isolated issues .

myth and saswat23 - both of you guys faced such long delays in RMA process and it's by no mean a proper example of RMA/After Sales Service and if you search a little you will see that one guy RMAed his Asus GTX 580 through Digicare and he got GTX 570 instead and when he refused he was offered a credit note with much less amount - I don't want anything like this to happen.

So, Now it's time to see how things goes with Asus and Digicare - I've contacted Asus to speed up this way too slow RMA process or is there any hidden policy of Asus ( telling this cause Intel CPU RMA took 6 days for saswat23 ) where you get one type of service for mobos below 10k and another type of service for mobos 15k and higher ( recently one guy from MP got his replacement this fast ) - if they do they better mention it on the warranty policy.

Top Bottom