Assembling new pc for my bro...Help!!

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^nice board with features like bluetooth etc.

msi one is vfm.

and there is not a significant performance difference between boards using same chipset. oc vise both msi and asus one is good. just see which features you need.

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
guys updated the thread description...also check the max budget has increased to under 50k

My brother was considering Alienware x51 desktops....i suggested him to assemble one because in 50k we can get better components. Following is the config for total of 51k. Is it worth?

Intel Core i5-2500k Quad Core CPU Technical Specifications:
- Hi-C CAP for GPU provides more precise voltage.
- All Solid CAPs have longer lifespan.
Processor Speed: 3.3GHz
PhysX & 3D Vision Surround GHz
Speed in Turbo Mode up to 3.7 technology
- Support PhysX technology effects for realist physics effect.
Cache: 6MB (L3)
- Support 3D Vision Surround up to 1100MHz
Built in High Definition Graphics technology in SLI mode to provide 3
monitor
Cores: 4 output simultaneously and real 3D image experience. (Need
Number with 3D monitor and 3D glass.)
to work of Threads: 4
Manufacturing Process: 32nm
CPU Socket: LGA 1155
Video Output Function
8gb 95 Watt x 2
TDP:
Dual-link DVI
Intel Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX)
Mini HDMI x 1
MotherboardVideo
Intel Quick Sync
VGA(Optional, via DVI to D-Sub adapptor)
Intel AES-NI
HDMI(Optional, via Mini HDMI to HDMI dongle)
Intel Virtualization Technology

21" LED Monitor

Bundle MSI developed driver and utilities
MSI Live Update Series(Live Graphics Card BIOS & Live Graphics
Card Driver)
Automatically online download & update Graphics Card BIOS &
Drivers, reduce the risk of getting the wrong files, and never have the
trouble on web site searching.
MSI Graphics Card Driver
MSI Dual Core Center
MSI Live
including all real time life information you need, such as Live MSI
Product News, Live Daily Information, Live Personal Schedule
Manager, Live Search and more.
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Microsoft® DirectX
Norton Internet Security™ 2008 60 days Trial
-Blocks online identity theft by phishing Web sites
-Detects and eliminates spyware
-Removes viruses and Internet worms automatically
-Protects against hackers

Western Digital AV-GP WD20EVDS (1TBX2)-Green

DVDR/W

Cabinet

Wireless CardWireless 1502 (802.11gn) WLAN Card

Speaker(2.1)

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
remove the technical specs. we already know it or can easily google it. just give the components name.

and avoid WD Green. get WD Black. Green have high failure rate and carries 2yr warranty. Black carries 5yr warranty. and the list is most likely mixed up. GPU, motherboard, ram, PSU are missing from the sheet or those are already decided?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2500k |12500
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-Z68P-DS3|8750
RAM |G-skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL|1665
Graphic Card |Sapphire HD 6950 1GB PCIE (Dual Fan Edition)|14250
HDD |WDC 250GB Blue WD2500AAKX|3766
DVD Writer |ASUS 24X Sata Black DVD|1150
PSU |Corsair GS600|4000
Case |NZXT Source 210 Elite|2300
Monitor |Benq G2222HDL|7300
Keyboard & Mouse |Logitech MK200|700
UPS |APC 800VA|2800
Speakers |Logitech Z313|1600
| Total |60531

It is 60K rig. If you want 50K overclock-able rig, you will get Phenom II 1090T.

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
hey guys...this is the config for mid range gaming pc suggested by tech2....

*im.tech2.in.com/gallery/2012/jun/mid_range_ivy_bridge_061925231196.jpg

please let me know if this requires any changes/additions. thanks

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
No Need of I5 3570K with an H77 motherboard .
No need of an SSD . Dont go with Cooler Master PSU . Also 5K Speaker is not needed .

BTW , What is your Budget . For 70K you can build a Kickass PC with I5 2500K and a GTX 670 !!!

AMD Phenom X4 970 @ 7.6K
ASUS M5A97 @ 5.9K
GSKILL RipJAWSx 2x4 GB DDR3 @ 3K
WD 500 GB HDD @ 4K
ASUS DVD ROM @ 1K
Seasonic S12 520W @ 3.7K
Cooler Master RC430 @ 3K
Logitech Combo + BXR1221 Speaker + Numeric 600
VA UPS = 3K
BENQ 22'' HD @ 7.5K
HIS HD 7850 @ 15.3K
TOTAL @ 54K .

You can also go for I5 2400 + DH67CL B3 . But you cant OC.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Components are highly imbalanced. 7770 with i5-3570k, seriously ?

Instead opt for i3 + 7850. Bang for buck. And if you're thinking that i3 will bottleneck, then it won't.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
whats the issue in this?

Also guys pls do not ignore speakers and ssd....

Well, getting a high end processor when you have no use of it, and adding a mediocre GPU, which will hamper your primary usage is like unbalancing a system. You won't even use 50% of juice of CPU.

also aren't the 3rd gen intel processors more efficient and better than sandybridge?

Doesn't matters for you.

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
Well, getting a high end processor when you have no use of it, and adding a mediocre GPU, which will hamper your primary usage is like unbalancing a system. You won't even use 50% of juice of CPU.

then whats the suitable gpu for this proccy?

Doesn't matters for you.
why not...why wouldn't one by somehting that is power efficient and futureproof and also which as at an approx cost as that of sandybridge?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
then whats the suitable gpu for this proccy?

Its nothing like every CPU has got a suitable GPU, rather it depends upon your requriement/need.

why not...why wouldn't one by somehting that is power efficient and futureproof and also which as at an approx cost as that of sandybridge?

Its not really power efficient and has got some heating issues due to bad TIM. Futureproof? Even SBs are.

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
Its nothing like every CPU has got a suitable GPU, rather it depends upon your requriement/need.

Its not really power efficient and has got some heating issues due to bad TIM. Futureproof? Even SBs are.

yea read in other thread abt the heating issue...but some reviews don't say that.....well i guess its safer to go with SB than IB....

can you suggest a config with SB..with a good mobo...have lost track of the new gpus...can you suggest one(budget 10-11k)?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
yea read in other thread abt the heating issue...but some reviews don't say that.....well i guess its safer to go with SB than IB....

can you suggest a config with SB..with a good mobo...have lost track of the new gpus...can you suggest one(budget 10-11k)?

This>

ivy bridge is long wait. not recommended.

if you need intel -

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i3 2100|5000
Motherboard |Asus P8H61-M LE B3|3300
RAM |G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1)|1100
Graphic Card |Sapphire HD6790|7800
HDD |Seagate 1TB 7200.12|2700
DVD Writer |LG 22X SATA DVD|900
PSU |FSP Saga II 500W|2000
Case |NZXT GAMMA|2000
Monitor |Benq G2220HD|7000
Keyboard & Mouse |Logitech MK200|700
UPS |Intex 1KVA|1800
Speakers |Logitech Z313|1500
| Total |34800

Just replace GPU with 6870 (in your budget). Though target for 560ti/6950 @ 13-14k. But 6870 will also be fine. Don't go below that.

And you want mobo for OC ?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Ivybridge temp problems are seriously overhyped in tdf. An existing sandybridge owner has absolutely no need to upgrade to ivybridge whereas a new owner surely can.

Ivybridge is almost as good as sandybridge as far as temps are concerned and it runs a tad hotter owing to the newer 22nm trigate transistors. Saying ivybridge has heating issues will be absolutely bull$h!t.

Besides its found out that real temp and core temp do not give accurate temp data for ivybridge processors as they do not have E1 stepping compatibility. See here.

Check this link to see hardocp's overclocking efforts - Link

So all new users can surely go for ivybridge without worrying about temps too much. Just go for a cooler as intel's stock coolers are pathetic.

Check out the following reviewer's comments and make your decision:

Comment 1

Comment 2

Ivy Bridge is a nice jump forward for Intel and its mainstream user group. Ivy Bridge will afford mainstream users the ability to get through heavy workloads faster using less power, allowing for cooler running systems and any IT guy will tell you that is a great thing.

For enthusiasts, Ivy Bridge looks to be a "push" when sitting next to Sandy Bridge on our test bench. If you are that guy looking for edge-of-the-envelope overclocks, Ivy Bridge is looking to bring you back a couple of CPU multiplier notches compared to Sandy Bridge. If you are running at more realistic every day overclocks in the mid-4GHz range, Ivy Bride will afford you 4% to 7% better IPC than Sandy Bridge.

The new Z77 chipset features have widened a bit, but for the power user, you likely already have those needed features on your current motherboard.

Ivy Bridge is going to be a hard up-sell to Sandy Bridge users. Unless you are running at stock clocks, it is hard to look at Ivy Bride as an upgrade for the user. If you are using an Intel system prior to Sandy Bridge, excluding X58 users, then there seems to be little reason to purchase a Sandy Bridge system if Ivy Bridge is open to you as a choice.

I recently built a new system for my personal usage. I was aware of what was coming down the pike from Intel, and instead of wait for Ivy Bridge, I made the choice to build a Sandy Bridge system. If I was building today, I would go with an Ivy Bridge processor. I guess that really says it all for most [H] users.

Update- All heating issues was due to this. Going for a good TIM will solve everything.

Last edited:
Top Bottom