Apple iPhone released

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Just because it is full touchscreen too? Dooes it have multi-touch or OS X or widescreen iPod capability or true HTML email and internet browser or 16m colours on the screen?

For those interested in the iPhone, here's a link to a very cool video of Phil Schiller actually demonstrating the phone:
A Closer Look at the iPhone

Other related videos:
iPhone video and Greg Joswiak interview from WSJ
Steve Jobs on Nightline 1/10/07
Steve Jobs on CNBC

Whatever you do, don't miss the first one.

OP
G

gxsaurav

arya said:
Just because it is full touchscreen too? Dooes it have multi-touch or OS X or widescreen iPod capability or true HTML email and internet browser or 16m colours on the screen?

Lets see

iPhone is not running the same OS X as your macbook. This is already mentioned in this thread many times.

Multi touch is not required in this phone. It's based on stylus

No iPod capability, obviously, because it's Apple's device. They will not license it to LG

Internet - EDGE, 3G, so yeah

True HTML E-Mail, it's not even relesed. We will know once it is out

16 million color - No mention yet

However, looking at it, i would say LG might fail in the phone segment too....good thing they provide true stylus capability, so it won't be hard to use it. Lets see weather it provides application installation or not

... I know that it will lose anyway and God forbid I'll ever say a positive word about anything related to Apple!
Arya, u cannot even copy properly. Is that what i wrote? Again, u got nothing else to write, no valid points to make & just acting desprate to convince others to get iPhone by paying such high premium, even when as a phone, it's not worth it

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the phone looks good lacks in some features .... pretty much like the first gen zune which is a good product but lacks in some depts.....

but honestly if i buy this fone wat am i supposed to do with my 300gig ipod :confused: paisa waste

OP
G

gxsaurav

better stop this thread. It's started as a news thread, but with u macboys it turned into a fight club thread

Apple iPhone is flashy. It will just be another device out there. It excels a lot as a PMP, but as a Phone it does not

anandk

Distinguished Member
Top 10 things to love about the Apple iPhone

Top 10 things to hate about the Apple iPhone

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gxsaurav said:
iPhone is not running the same OS X as your macbook. This is already mentioned in this thread many times.
And I am not saying it does. Yes, I thought so when the details were patchy but I know now. It still runs Mac OS X and along with it comes the easy of use, stability and sleekness we've come to expect and love. Stop being defensive about it, OK? Mac OS X is the best operating system ever (whether it be on computers or mobile devices) and there are no two ways about it.

gxsaurav said:
Multi touch is not required in this phone. It's based on stylus
A stylus cannot increase the size of a picture by pinching it and dragging the ends apart.

gxsaurav said:
No iPod capability, obviously, because it's Apple's device. They will not license it to LG
Yeah, obviously. But so what! iPhone has it and KE850 lacks it. Therefore, iPhone > KE850. Simple. Next point.

gxsaurav said:
16 million color - No mention yet
Of course. The only gripe is that if it HAD a 16m colour screen, it would have been the most touted feature. You know it does not have a 16m colour screen, I know it and everyone here knows it. Stop clinging to straws.

gxsaurav said:
good thing they provide true stylus capability, so it won't be hard to use it.
Yeah, it is so hard to use a device that has a 3.5-inch 16m screen which automatically changes the display mode, has one touch dialing, can differenciate between single and dual touch, recognises finger gestures and has Apple's famed engineers and designers behind it. Yeah, I can totally see your point.
From what I can see till now, this phone is incredibly easy to use for a human being but of course you have to excuse Apple if they did not take into account the other species' the exist on Earth (and online discussion forums)!

gxsaurav said:
Arya, u cannot even copy properly. Is that what i wrote?
I know that is not what you wrote, which is why it was outside the quotes. I just publicised the excuse hiding behind your statement. Did it hurt?

gxsaurav said:
just acting desprate to convince others to get iPhone by paying such high premium
Oh, please! Make no mistake, I want people not to buy the iPhone so that when I get one for myself, it is unique. But, of course, I love the product and the parent company and will definitely not tolerate anyone bashing it unduly.

gxsaurav said:
even when as a phone, it's not worth it
Yeah, and we are already overwhelmed by the enormous proof you have posted backing that statement. It is not good as a phone - never mind the fact that it has one touch controls for dialing numbers, saving contacts, merging two calls, listening to voicemail, etc., never mind that it can dial numbers straight from emails, SMS and even Google maps, or that it auto formats numbers according to the country and city code, or that it switches off the controls automatically while taking a call to prevent some accidental action, etc. Forget everything the phone has to offer. His Holiness has given the verdict and has declared the device unworthy of being called a phone. Banish it to the depths of hell! :D

mAV3 said:
but honestly if i buy this fone wat am i supposed to do with my 300gig ipod paisa waste
Now, honestly! What kind of a statement is that! So you buy a bike and a new one comes out in the following months and you say 'but honestly if i buy this bike wat am i supposed to do with my other bike paisa waste'. LOL! :lol:
I am not making fun of YOU but that statement was very funny.

gxsaurav said:
It excels a lot as a PMP, but as a Phone it does not

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
G

gxsaurav

@ arya

Thread reported for personal comments. Everywhere in this thread, personal comments have been started by macboys only

A stylus cannot increase the size of a picture by pinching it and dragging the ends apart.

Actully, it can. Just press the zoom button

Of course. The only gripe is that if it HAD a 16m colour screen, it would have been the most touted feature. You know it does not have a 16m colour screen, I know it and everyone here knows it. Stop clinging to straws.

Do u know the meaning of "No mention yet". That means even i don't know what screen it has, so insted of making false assumptions, i m not saying anything

I just publicised the excuse hiding behind your statement.

How come u know what i meant? stop assuming.

never mind that it can dial numbers straight from emails, SMS and even Google maps

Yup, all other phones do it already. SE or Symbian anyone

arya said:
Yes, O Mighty Lord! We accept your judgement. May the king of donkeys rule till Kingdom come!

thread reported

arya said:
Mac OS X is the best operating system ever (whether it be on computers or mobile devices) and there are no two ways about it.

Compleate with no valid points, but bias & fanboyism

Last edited by a moderator:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I don't give a damn about your report but let me make it clear that there were absolutely no personal comments from my side. Yes, there were some indirect sarcastic comments written for the purpose of making it humourous - but I never referred to you in the same breath.

And I don't want to give any reply to you now. 'You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink it.' You are jumping from one point to another without any conclusive evidence to back up any of the points - and you are very repetitive. Just a clue though, you are the only person in the entire thread who thinks that the iPhone is not a good phone.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well not necessarily ..... how good the iphone is as a phone only time will tell as of now we are all going ga ga over the various addons and goodies tht the product has to offer

OP
G

gxsaurav

arya said:
I don't give a damn about your report but let me make it clear that there were absolutely no personal comments from my side. Yes, there were some indirect sarcastic comments written for the purpose of making it humourous - but I never referred to you in the same breath.

*img471.imageshack.us/img471/9088/personalbk9.th.jpg

arya said:
You are jumping from one point to another without any conclusive evidence to back up any of the points - and you are very repetitive

Cos u r not reading the valid point i give, so i m posting them again & again

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
...so now you lot are reviewing the phone before it even hits the markets? Strange.

arya, gx: stop being such babies. You are all one post away from permanent bans. You will not try defend yourselves, because then you will be quoted and the smallest idiocy will be pointed out and made fun of. You will just cease this ridiculousness. If you can't debate like mature adults, go find some kiddie forum to pollute.

Last edited:
OP
G

gxsaurav

@ fatbeing

I M not reviewing the phone. I just gave the news here, & pointed out why "I" think it will fail as a phone. My own personal verdicts with valid reasons. However I was not expecting personal comments

---------------------------------- Last post. This is news section, & i long ago gave the news

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
Forgive me for steering the topic a bit away, but i read earlier on this thread some opinions on the inbuilt camera. As far as I know, optical zoom would do nothing much when you have a CMOS image sensor. And, as I read in Digital Photography Fast Track sometime ago, its impractical to use a CCD sensor in a mobile phone, due to higher power consumption and some other issues. CMOS sensors give low quality images, and I could be wrong, but I dont think the iPhone would have a CCD sensor (I repeat: I could be wrong, no flames please).
But whatever, an integrated camera is always a handy option if you arent into pro photography, in which case you'd have to opt for a digicam.

[end of butt-in]

you may carry on flaming... :p

PS: seriously yaar, why dont you guys just soak in the new gadget??

PPS: (Please note I have no intention of causing another commotion in this flame war-torn thread) Personally, I'm very disappointed with my iPod, as the Zen Vision M easily kicks dirt in the iPod's face. But the iPhone, I might just consider buying it, if given an option.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
aryayush said:
Now, honestly! What kind of a statement is that! So you buy a bike and a new one comes out in the following months and you say 'but honestly if i buy this bike wat am i supposed to do with my other bike paisa waste'. LOL! :lol:
I am not making fun of YOU but that statement was very funny.

I completely agree with mav3. It's not a question of new or old. In your words, it's something like leaving the 250cc bike and thinking of buying new 100cc bike that has extra features like cool headlamps, colorful seat.

@mav3: I would use them both depending on the requirement. When I go on a long trip, I will take the ipod with vanilla cell phone but while in the city working in office, I would use the iphone. :).

OP
G

gxsaurav

^^^^^ same as i do, when i go in the city, i use my Phone as mp3 player. When on train, i still use it, but i have watch out the battery

But unless u make a lot of such trip, that much costly mp3 player is waste. Get a small & cheap one, like iPod nano, or Zen vision, u know 1 or 2 GB is enough for this case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom