Apple iPhone released

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gxsaurav

Ok, Apple has relesed iPhone (one lawsuit from Cisco coming up......)

Reminds me of Nokia 7610, but really better indeed, i like the no buttons feature. But what the hell is MacOS X doing there, didn't they learn anything from Symbian OS (slowness etc). Frimware based OS (sony, Motorola) are the best to go.

Though the design is good, now lets hope the price is also good. OLED insted of LCD would have been better for battery. It's just a novelty, they can't keep up relesing new models every 4 months. Sony & Nokia will beet it in Phone department soon, Apple just isn't made for Mobile Phones, the market is not like portable music market, they don't bring anything new to the scene, except for the mobile hardware. Touch screen has been there from ages

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Re: iPhone relesed, from Apple

i aint buying a cell till i can afford tht .... i am saving from today rs.10/- per day

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.

*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/01/dsc_0216.jpg

*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/01/dsc_0213.jpg

And guys, there will be no lawsuits. The patent of the technologies used this phone is firmly with Apple. :)

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

^^but the name iphone .... none the less this is a slick peice of technology ... im gonna buy this or its successor 1 day .... guaran damn teed

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.

*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/01/dsc_0192.jpg

*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/01/dsc_0194.jpg

Don't you think a $65 billion company has enough legal brains to think of that? I'm sure there must have been an agreement with all concerned parties.

Also, this phone has got a light sensor, a proximity sensor, google maps, safari, widgets, mail, yahoo mail integration, google search, yahoo search integration, iphoto, music, videos, itunes, TV shows integration. Phew! And the list isn't complete!

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

arre andy forget the name yaar ... even if they change the name the product is only gonna get better ... im on ur side on this 1 till MS comes up with a worthy suitor

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.

gxsaurav said:
Ok, Apple has relesed iPhone (one lawsuit from Cisco coming up......)

But what the hell is MacOS X doing there, didn't they learn anything from Symbian OS (slowness etc). Frimware based OS (sony, Motorola) are the best to go.

I suspect you're never heard of Palm Treo.

Touch screen has been there from ages

But, gestures haven't been there. Accidental touch protection hasn't been there. That is the reason they were granted the patent.

Current touchscreen technology is limited to Stylus pens in most phones.

Happy life, though. ;)

OP
G

gxsaurav

as i m reading, more things are clearing up

The reason a stylus is used in Mobile phones or PDA is to prevent the screen from smudge & damages etc, Apple has touted a "a magic patented interface", but does it have a patented magic anti-fingerprint and smudge interface? Well, fingers are good, they are easily available (pun intended)...but comon, u can't write with a finger, or better yet, draw. It has MacOS X, so atleast i expect a paint like application there, the biggest feature of such touchscreen phones, & that too with out a pen(stylus):confused: . U gotta be kidding me, there is not even an option for stylus so far.

No 3G, well ok, it's of no use in India anyway

SMS looks more like Chat. Well...donno whats the use of this feature, some might like it.

From the webpage said:
So photos, SMS, and the phone app -- that is part of our phone package for iPhone. Really great call management, scroll through contacts with your finger, all the information at your fingertips. Favorites, last century [shows dialer], calendar, SMS texting, incredible photo app, the ability to take any picture and make it your wallpaper. I think you'll agree... we've reinvented the phone

Right, re-invented, apple just won't miss a chance to say it again & again. I guess i have these features from what, 2 years already in my K750i, or K700i/k500i before that. Comon....the most lame thing about Apple is their marketing

The E-Mail reading layout & feature is gr8 in looks, i have only read an email on a PDA once before in O2 XDA 2 atom.

Kudos to apple for the phone resolution. We had nvidia chips for mobile phones from a long time, already in W810i, but apple is the first one "I guess" with a 640X480 resolution based phone

They have safari, but then again, how to enter the website name in the address bar with fingers? well....atleast my fingers are big so 2 latters will press together. Internet browsing on mobile has been there also from ages, anyone remembers Opera for Mobile & Symbian, but then again...it's Apple, even an old feature is created by them when relesed by them

$499 & $599 :confused: , i would rather prefer a P910i with a real stylus & writing abilty which costs less then this. Though it will lack hard disk space compared to this iphone

Last edited by a moderator:

amitava82

MMO Addict
OH MY.......... This Phone is Drop Dead Gorgeous.. I'd kill to get one.. too bad Asia will get in 2008.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
thrs is no phone which a 100% so u got to do with wat u get .... buy a natraj pencil sharpen it break the lead ... smoothen the edges and use it as the stylus

OP
G

gxsaurav

andy, i like the design of hardware but.....

1) no 3G, but then again, i don't care for that. But still technology from 2004 (EDGE), what were they thinking. 3G is not here in India, but it is there in US & Europe

2) Whats with Palm treo?

3) Google Maps is just a website based service which can be accessed on any Nokia Communicator or Sony P Series too

4) Mail & Yahoo Mail, well then again, nice features to have but nothing to say revolutionary. Mail capability was there even in my K500i, but yeah, the Mail reading layout of P800i (at that time) or P910i or this phone is better, well cos they are PDA Phones

5) Yahoo & Google Search, well....yeah, nothing new, already there via Opera in phones

:D abe, 30K Ke phone ki M B eik nahi karni.....

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

SE><IE

Its a killer. But then it will show some familiar crap like itunes . :(

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well i wud disagree with any 1 who says tht this fone brings something new ... i wud say it brings most of the features under the apple stlye .... which really is killer

the fone looks sexy .... the display is gonna be abssolutely rich (better than the ipod i guess which is really ricH)

then etting rid of the buttons is good ... though i agree with saurav on the stylus issue i had problems using my uncl's hp device without a stylus (it had 1 but i wanted to act smart)

and besides it just looks so slick

nix

wow...my next phone has gotta be this...i'm using a nokia 3315 and was waiting for a music phone from apple...

OP
G

gxsaurav

The only thing killer about this phone is the looks & the hardware design. U can't stare at it always, how good the touch screen keyboard is will be known only after using it with fingers. Like I said, apple really did a stupid job of not using a stylus

In the end it's a phone. Lets see how good it is as a phone

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
gxsaurav said:
2) Whats with Palm treo?

Your lack of knowledge about PDA phones has been exposed. I would rather not comment on it. :)

Oh, and I see some one is desperate. ;)

OP
G

gxsaurav

i said whats with palm treo "here". I have used it. No comments on using this phone as a phone so far from u? Don't tell me u want to "write" or draw with your finger, or have brush on your fingers to prevent it from dirt & smudges

Again, u got nothing else to say....so personal comments have started.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
hell everyones desparate to get their hands on this device whther one likes it not is different but now im waiting for MS reply to this .... MS i assume will play the wait and watch game as these are testing waters for both apple and MS .... but i dont think this time MS will hav the excuse of coming into the market late

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
mAV3 said:
hell everyones desparate to get their hands on this device whther one likes it not is different but now im waiting for MS reply to this .... MS i assume will play the wait and watch game as these are testing waters for both apple and MS .... but i dont think this time MS will hav the excuse of coming into the market late

Actually, this type of touchscreen technology has been patented by Apple. So, Microsoft will have to come up with another idea. They may make a similar UI, but the touchscreen would be the key.

If they implement stylus pen touchscreen, then it would lack innovation. They can't use iPhone style touchscreen, as it is patented. It will be a nice challenge for them.

I'd again like to clarify that Apple is not targeting Nokia or Motorola with this phone. Their main aim is the smartphone market, which is dominated by Palm.

Comparing iPhone's OS to Symbian is wrong. Its competition is more with Palm OS than Symbian, which is essentially a kiddie smartphone OS.

I would request members to view the iPhone presentations at www.apple.com/iphone. You would get more idea of this when you actually see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom