...any major diff bw Kingston, Hynix and Transcend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
hey,
brother pls tell how to diff between a fake RAM & original.in my local market ram are selling without bill.whom to trust.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Well you need to have some experience with hardware to distinguish between original and fake just by looking at any generic RAM.
For Transcend,the one with tetra packing is the original one.

Also Kniwor,whats so special about Corsair ?

Their performance RAM is ok but their value select thing is crap imho.

overpriced POS.

Not worth i guess.

Transcend +Samsung UCCC+Brainpower PCB is the best bet as of now.

Kniwor

Learner
why u calling it overpriced...

it´s 2500 a stick.....
CL=2.5
i get read speeds of 6139MB/s with some overclocking....

yeah i know if u get lucky u gonna get good hynix out there.... but we gonna have to consider the average hynix ram thatś given me enough trouble already.........

in any case i dont think itś worth purchasing kingston n all coz they are also same price arent they.....??/

correct me if I wrong.... havent been in market since long...

and truly speaking.... i had to replace my kingston coz it did not overclock...... no joking man..... then i gor corsair to replace it

darklord

Cyborg Agent
it´s 2500 a stick.....
CL=2.5
i get read speeds of 6139MB/s with some overclocking....

Well 2,500 is overpriced for me if it is the Corsair Value Select thing.You get generic DDR400 for around 1800 bucks.For example Twinmos which offers 3 years warranty and is exceptionally good.

I didnt say Corsair VS is bad but then there is nothing special in it to justify the 700 bucks premium.THats it. :wink:

and truly speaking.... i had to replace my kingston coz it did not overclock...... no joking man..... then i gor corsair to replace it

AFAIK,the memory manufacturer or the brand doesnt decide whether a particular module will clock well or no but the Chips,PCB and binning counts.

Kniwor

Learner
darklord said:
You get generic DDR400 for around 1800 bucks.For example Twinmos which offers 3 years warranty and is exceptionally good.
sorry.... aint getting it for 1800 here
darklord said:
AFAIK,the memory manufacturer or the brand doesnt decide whether a particular module will clock well or no but the Chips,PCB and binning counts.

well, no-one does....... but that is how we decide to purchase

anyhow... how much is the price for kingston/transcend there

Kniwor

Learner
interesting rates..... unfortunately these are not the rates here...... transcend n all are available for 2500/-
atleast this was the rate when i got to market.... and for the same money corsairvs is better

cyrux

In the zone
Well, here the story is different. I got a transcend 512Mb 400Mhz about 2 months back for 2100 but they dont give a bill for the reason that the cost will increase considerably . About the warranty they just sign on the RAM sticks.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom