...any major diff bw Kingston, Hynix and Transcend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrugesh

Broken In
.. or maybe something which is more reliable?
Heard ram's too can be overclocked.. so outta which can the maximum performance be extracted (once i learn how to overclock them i.e.!)?

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
dont purchase ram without box packing .. be it hynix or transcend or kingston or corsair ..

now days there are many fake ram modules there in markets ..
just go for pack ram .. abt company .. transcend is very good.. comes with 3 yrs warranty .. and i have personally used it upto speed of 420 mhz without any problems ... even corsair value ram and kingston value ram are good too..
just ask others abt these ram modules ...

OP
M

mrugesh

Broken In
...by box packaging you mean that transparent tough plastic packaging?
or any other means to recognise the original?

Vyasram

The pWnster
i use hynix and used transcend, no diffs in performance/stability without oc, i never oc ram modules

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
See.. Every company has a lot of models.. The lower end models of kingston and transcend are better, but the high end models of corsair and OCZ are known to be the best, but they cost a bomb!

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
more than the brand .. what type of chip used on ram is important ...
like winbond bh-5 or samcung tccd etc ..

also since these days, all kinds of different ram chips are sold under transcend name, hence go for those package ones to be on safer side ..

cyrux

In the zone
No difference between hynix and transcend...i dont think so .Read it several places that Transcend is more reliable and preforms better than hynix.

Now please dont make me think why the hell did i buy a transcend 512Mb for 2100 when hynix was going for 1700

Kniwor

Learner
i got kingston.... and them replaced it with corsair value select.....

now there is NOTHING LIKE A HYNIX CHIP KINGSTON, or a HYNIX CHIP CORSAIR.....

it is all made up.... if somebody is selling u a Hynix chip kingston or some shit like that... he is fooling u b putting a Hynix ram in kingston packaging...

a kingston ram will have kingston written on it and a Corsair ram will have Corsair written on the chip...

i think corsaid value select has a Cas atency of 2.5 as compared to other having 3...
also I observed it has better read/write speeds.... as compared to other.... may be for the same reason.... and the overall latency is obviously low....

darklord

Cyborg Agent
now there is NOTHING LIKE A HYNIX CHIP KINGSTON, or a HYNIX CHIP CORSAIR.....

You are completely wrong my dear friend.

May be you should check this out,

*www.techpowerup.com/memdb/

I have Transcend 1GB Sticks with Samsung UCCC Chips.

Here are some references,

*img65.imageshack.us/img65/2747/dscn07027gl.th.jpg

This is my 1Gb Module,
*img359.imageshack.us/img359/2068/dscn06236pq.th.jpg

Tetra Pack 1GB Module,
*img77.imageshack.us/img77/3514/package19ar.th.jpg

Samsung UCCC Chips,
*img76.imageshack.us/img76/1230/chip16vb.th.jpg

Brainpower PCB,
*img77.imageshack.us/img77/4963/pcb10ix.th.jpg

This just proves that even Transcend uses Memory Chips from other manufacturers.Whats more,they sometimes use different PCB too,not their own.

Well just for everyones Info,
Brainpower is the most popular PCB for Memory modules.Its used by OCZ,Gskill,PDP Patriot,Corsair and some other Performance memory Manufacturers.

Also dont underestimate Hynix Chips,

Heres what they are capable of if they are on BP PCB and are original Hynix Chips,
*img280.imageshack.us/img280/961/sisoftmemory297134481zq.th.jpg

297 Mhz @ 3-4-4-8

Kniwor

Learner
i got a GEIL chip when i purchased Hynix....

overclocked exellently well....

and another Hynix that was crap.... would not boot even if i set frequenct manually to 200Mhz.... only auto would work.... what does this suggest...

so when u get a hynix, it's ur luck....

another thing is.....
I said a transcend chip will not be Hynix, and i am still aure if u are getting one, it most prolly a "Dukanwala" fooling u........

Obviously companies use chips from other companies, look at the back of ur seagate HDD and u will see samsung ot Hynix..... ur graphics card maker obviously does not make GDDR3 chips all by itself.........

darklord said:
You are completely wrong my dear friend.

but i will have to object to that.....

I made an absolute statement which i should not have, because i was so pissed of by fake chips.... but i still warn u people out there that if u are getting a hynix chip Kingston there is a high chance it's a fake one......
i said that about our local market and not the entire world as a whole......

and if u imagined i was suggesting every company made all it's chip by itself then u are obviously mistaken...... am not that poorly informed

darklord

Cyborg Agent
i got a GEIL chip when i purchased Hynix....

You still have that Module with you ? If yes, and if you dont need it,gift it to me. :twisted:

Dude that is Geil ka ram with Winbond CH-5 Chips,its basically Geil Ultra series.Even i got one of those by luck. :wink:

another thing is.....
I said a transcend chip will not be Hynix, and i am still aure if u are getting one, it most prolly a "Dukanwala" fooling u........

Nope you get Hynix based Transcend.1 GB Modules with Hynix D43 chips.
They come in Tetra pack and with 3 years warranty.

hynix chip Kingston there is a high chance it's a fake one......

Well yes thats correct,if its loose then there is a heavy chance it is fake.

Also many times different make chips are rebadged as Hynix n sold.
And the othe other way round.

For example the recently introduced Mercury RAM,it has 'M' Mark on the chips but are Hynix D43 mostly.This is also based on Brainpower PCB.Infact this is sureshot Hynix original with BP PCB,its cheap too.Nice memory to buy if one cant afford Transcend or Kingston.

:wink:

and if u imagined i was suggesting every company made all it's chip by itself then u are obviously mistaken

Sorry about that but then your comment made me think so,

NOTHING LIKE A HYNIX CHIP KINGSTON, or a HYNIX CHIP CORSAIR
Doesnt that sound like that ? :wink:

Third Eye

gooby pls
I have 512 MB DDR 2 Kingston,it sucks.
I dont know about Transcend but some people says Hynix rocks.
Buy an Hynix RAM !

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Well here's what Hynix DDR400 is capable of doing.

*img203.imageshack.us/img203/4786/hynix30335484up.th.jpg

:twisted: :twisted:

And heres what Samsung UCCC 1GB stick is capable of doing,

*img133.imageshack.us/img133/9858/2927ow.th.png

:shock: :shock:

Mind you clocking 1GB sticks isnt a piece of cake...

OP
M

mrugesh

Broken In
...Guys you making it difficult to decide..!! :?

in short,which brand do you sugest me to go for and what chip you think goes best with it?

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Well i will suggest you,

Transcend RAM with Samsung UCCC Chips.

Plain and simple.

Thats the best thing to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom