Any Hardware Issue Contact Here

Do you think the thread solves your problem

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vick_zone

Broken In
slow download speed as compare to others over network.

pls help me, there is about 8 pc`s in our network and all getting about 40kb/s downloading speed but only one pc is getting about 6-7kb/s. but while copying files from other pc over on network its gives proper speed than why only on internet its slow on specific one pc? what should i do? where may be problem?

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
Check your LAN card... actually tell the topology on which the comp. are connected.. are they connected all to one server..

Steps you should follow :

a> taking out the jack(RJ45) from hub and from comp. and try replacing the wire which connects this PC to hub.. (means that intechange betwenn wires of other pc and this pc...)

can be a problem with wire.. or even hub connector .. try changing the socket on the hub.( connect to anyother socket) on the present one..

2> now check the LAN card and your comp. OS (which OS you using)

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
I've a Sony DRU 820A dual layer DVD writer. From a few days, whenever I eject my drive, it closes on its own after about 2 seconds. It happens about 75% of the time. This has been happening from a few days. What can be wrong?

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
check your drive for POwer supply... and tighten the cables at the back...

after that just take some vaseline and put it on the sides of door of your ROM..(i hope you understand) the sides (both)

and then eject and insert your door for 5-6 times (in out....)

i think after 20 ins your problem will be solved

APPLY A SMALL AMOUNT ONLY of vaseline..

and if you are also using a cabinet FLAP in front of the DRIVE remove it.. or just loosen it

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
check your drive for POwer supply... and tighten the cables at the back...
CHECKED

after that just take some vaseline and put it on the sides of door of your ROM..(i hope you understand) the sides (both)
Won't that affect the DVDs i put into the drive. It may get in contact with the media.

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
No. ! it wont come in COntact ...

i told you to put it on the sides means the tray sides.. which are built for the motor action....

*www.imagehosting123.com/user_images/shan2129/tnmvc620f.jpg

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
That part of the drive marked in blue wont come out when I press the eject button. I think that's the problem. How can I correct it?
*img520.imageshack.us/img520/5144/tnmvc620fyg8.jpg

Sometimes that part comes out and everything works normal. The problem arises only when that marked part doesn't eject out fully.

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
ok !!! if thats the problem then just take your drive to a mechanic .. he wont ake much and will just tighten the door screw... or see if you can do it yourself...

its just that your door screw is a bit loose

Last edited:

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
shantanu_webmaster said:
ok !!! if thats the problem then just take your drive to a mechanic .. he wont ake much and will just tighten the door screw... or see if you can do it yourself...

its just that your door screw is a bit loose

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
If your drives in warranty take it to service center... and tell them the prob, .. no not the cabinet .. just when the tray comes out .. you will see a nut inside near the motor,,, but DONT DO it yourself ,,, take it to the service cente coz it may turn up to a big door problem in future,,,

so hurry

vick_zone

Broken In
thanx shantanu_webmaster i will try these all if problem still remain i`ll tell you, thanxx

shantanu_webmaster said:
Check your LAN card... actually tell the topology on which the comp. are connected.. are they connected all to one server..

Steps you should follow :

a> taking out the jack(RJ45) from hub and from comp. and try replacing the wire which connects this PC to hub.. (means that intechange betwenn wires of other pc and this pc...)

can be a problem with wire.. or even hub connector .. try changing the socket on the hub.( connect to anyother socket) on the present one..

2> now check the LAN card and your comp. OS (which OS you using)

Abheek

Broken In
Hi, I have a small confusion. Can U tell me if a 7.1 channel sound card can be used with a 2.1 set of speakers? Please reply soon.:confused: :(

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
yeah , it can be used in 2.1 mode.... no problems in that , it can be simply configured by Sound mixer control panel... :D:D

Abheek

Broken In
Thanks a lot!!!

I was really confused about that.I am new here and dont have any friends. So I was wonderring if we could be friends:p I was getting a bit lonely here!!!
So do let me know buddy

Dont get angry if I do not reply for a while. U see my tenth standard board exams are on the 13th of this month, and will get over on the 29th.

So I might come online only after that.

idea

Broken In
Hi All,

I have Two PC's with WinXp. Each PC got Onboard Ethernet Controller.
Also got ADSL Connection (With Ethernet Interface).

Problem is

1. How can i Put Both Computers on LAN cosidering the fact that I Also got ADSL Connection (With Ethernet Interface).

Limitations: Low/No Budget for Additional Hardware

Can I Have Two Ethernet Controllers on Same PC? :???:

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
two ethernet controllers on same PC .. yeah you can have...

but will they work : i suppose they will.. but you need to make different connections for different hardware..

they might conflict so its better not to have two ethernet controllers on same PC. while you can share your internet connection by a HUB.. i think low cost hubs are there... (if you can spend a bit)

(if not) then you can try installing two devices and then try to configure another device by attaching the both Comp. with a croosover LAN cable. and try the windows XP network wizard..

first. connect with your ADSL and then connect both the PC's with LAN cable on your second ETHERNET CARD.. now run the WINDOWS XP NETWORK WIZARD.. and select small home office network... ,, now select the first ethernet LAN CONNECTION as your internet connectivity and the second connection as your LAN network.. Windows will automatically adjust the IP's and you are done.. follow the same steps on second PC with selecting "" this PC connects with a internet gateway ""

in simple words the first comp. with two lans is your SERVER and the second is NODE.. :D:D

post here if you want to clearify anything..

ankitsaraf

Right off the assembly line
hi!!
i have a dual boot p4 2.8 machine with 256mb ram and asrock 845 motherboard.a few months ago my machine started to heat up and the fan started roaring.after some days, the computer started hanging every now and then.sometimes it worked for only 10 mins and sometimes without any problem for hours.however win 98 worked fine.i tried re-installing xp but the system sometimes would hang in the process of installation only.sometimes it said it could not read the disc or the disc was corrupt.
after many tries, xp would install but the problem persisted.a technician looked after the machine and said it was heating problem.
i cleaned the heat sink, fan and checked every connector on my machine.
after that, the cpu was cool but new problem arose.the bios doesn't recognise hard-disk if dvd-rw and hdd are connected to the same cable.but when i separate them, the bios detects hdd but hangs after writing..."searching for boot **** from ide ...ok". sometimes even the screen goes blank and would appear only after a few restarts. what may be the problem? i used memtest to check ram.it was ok....please help..!!!

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
its not a big problem dude...

just follow these steps.. if you want to connect the HDD and DVD to the same cable.. (well i suggest connect them with different cables..)

remove your HDD and DVD from the comp. completely.. now see the back of both , you will find some jumpers attached..

just read on the top of DVD and HDD it will be written like positions..

:::: like this some jumpers will be there according to the drives you have .. short(pin the jumpers to cable select) in both HDD and DVD.. now attach the DVD to the second and HDD to the first connector...

for best info, see this : *www.seagate.com/support/kb/disc/ref/jumper_settings.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom