Any alternative to Airtel BB?

Sarath

iDota
After getting hit by FUP last month:-x, I changed my plan to a beefier 75GB limit. I just got the bill and it is a massive Rs.2000 pm:shock: hereon from my previous 1.5k.
Current Plan: 1699 plan 4mbps, Bangalore.
I don't think so much money is justified on an internet connection and hence have decided to shift my ISP.

Kindly recommend any other ISPs who provide similar speeds of 4mbps and at a much affordable cost with a similarly tolerable CC.

The Airtel plans available as of now: (my usage falls in between these)
1399 for 30GB
1699 for 75GB

Must have:
~ 4mbps or higher speed DL and 1mbps+ UL
~ Low latency (similar to Airtel)
~ No disconnections (at all)

The reason I am with Airtel till now is because of the constant speed it offers, no disconnections after switching to google DNSand also the latency of around 70 is good for online gaming. Their CC is also better than most but recently I am finding weird candidates online but I know how to get my work done so thats not a prob.

I think the providers available here are:
BSNL
Airtel
Have to check with: Youtelecom, Railwire
Not an absolute list; will search all available ones in a few days

*www.speedtest.net/result/1520788613.png

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
I don't think there is cable here. Never heard of them. But will keep a look out.

Just paid the airtel bill for 3780 bucks for 2months. Damn! Thats a loot.*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_mad.gif

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Sarath check this. Cable Broadband in Bangalore, Broadband Plans in Bangalore, Broadband Services in Bangalore
this ISP provides plans with NO FUP :shock:
And its the same connection i was talking about, giving as low as 8 ping (in college), 30 (frnd).

Gollum

Collector
three other service provides are
act broadband, 5mbps, fiber optic cable.
you broadband, 12mbps, unknown
hathway broadband, don't know, TV cable.

i am also looking for an ISP in Bangalore :(

Piyush

Lanaya
Hathway BB is dependable (at least here at my place)
many of my friends are using Hathway and I'm gonna switch too soon

5MBPS plans will be ok for you Sarath
Hathway : Get Connected

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Even I wanna switch from Airtel..
I'm confused between Spectranet and Railwire ...

Airtel does give constantly good speed and no downtime whatsoever....Something I love...Dunno if other providers will be able to provide the same..

prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali
Hathway BB is dependable (at least here at my place)
many of my friends are using Hathway and I'm gonna switch too soon

5MBPS plans will be ok for you Sarath
Hathway : Get Connected

i think there is FUP on that one too, i jus got a "you have consumed 100% of your high speed data transfer limit of 8192 MB" email from airtel today that too for the first time guess its time to move on,any suggestions of unlimited plans with atleat 512kbps with a budget of 1k and i live in mysore

Piyush

Lanaya
That FUP limit is there
but just check this
its 10gb for 256kbps connection
...25gb for 1 mbps connection

so i guess it should have at least 80-100gb for 5mbps connection

eagle_y2j

Youngling
btw how about BSNL ??

they are going to double there speeds in Jan 2012 and they charge quite reasonable !
Though services depends upon exchange

I am using Spectranet. 1 Mbps 999+100 = 1.1K

Absolutely NO FUP . And I mean it . I am downloading around 150GB (upload+download) a month . Works good . One day a month for downtime but since last 1 month there are no downtime.

Check in your area before you apply.

bnagpur

Right off the assembly line
Re: BTM 2nd stage behind mico layout new police station?

BTM man. Second stage near Mico Layout police station.

Hey xtremevicky,
do you still have spectranet, I have read a lot about its downtime. (am also looking for spectranet in BTM 2nd stage). please reply about how your experience was/is.

bnagpur

Right off the assembly line
Hi xtremevicky,
are you still in BTM 2nd stage and using spectranet? I am here because of great AIRTEL (worst ever). I am in BTM 2nd stage behind mico layout new police station. how is your experience with spectranet? I have heard a lot about their frequent disconnection.

Top Bottom