Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
isn't it supposed to be free?I think you will have to create an account with kaspersky to continue using it past the trial period.
It still works. But I get a message in dashboard the subscription is expired and not all features will be available.

I'm currently using ESET. But my primary OS these days is Linux so no antivirus effectively.
ESET is really good. It deals with all the Virus nuisance silently without disturbing the user and has very less false-positives. Wanna try its paid version some day :)

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I'm currently using ESET. But my primary OS these days is Linux so no antivirus effectively.
But isn't it useful to install "amavis" or "clamav" onto your linux os distribution? Both are FREE with excellent security features with an addon strength to your linux distribution.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
But isn't it useful to install "amavis" or "clamav" onto your linux os distribution? Both are FREE with excellent security features with an addon strength to your linux distribution.
Linux is not at risk of getting viruses in general compared to Windows. At least not to a huge extent. ClamAV is mostly used in Linux to detect Windows viruses in edge cases such as in email servers for attachment scanning.

In any case it's not general practice to install an antivirus on Linux because chance that you'd get infected by a Linux only virus is negligible.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I currently use ESET and I think it's better than what I used to use previous, namely Bitdefender (heavy AF) and Kaspersky.

andy_65_in

Padawan
please advice paid antivirus...for windows 10 pc for internet surfing etc...presently on quickheal...not interested in kaspersky which is a PIA

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Please recommend antivirus for 2pcs.

It should not eat up resources and slow down pc. The pcs have core i3 7th gen, so need a light weight one. If the AV comes bundled with vpn then that is also a good deal. Time period will be for 1yr, I will continue if it suits my pc.

I will not buy immediately rather wait for possible price drops etc. As my current AV will expire in may. My previous AV is of Kaspersky, and would not wish to buy it again as it is a ram eater.

Top Bottom