Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

quicky008

Technomancer
Been hearing a lot about this k7 av lately-someone i know also asked me a while back whether it was any good or not,but i said i had no idea as i had never used it.

Is it another made in India product like quickheal?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Been hearing a lot about this k7 av lately-someone i know also asked me a while back whether it was any good or not,but i said i had no idea as i had never used it.

Is it another made in India product like quickheal?
Whenever in doubt about any AV then check here(& if an AV isn't here then it is not worth thinking about):
*www.av-comparatives.org/

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Whenever in doubt about any AV then check here(& if an AV isn't here then it is not worth thinking about):
*www.av-comparatives.org/
What to do with that mail.?
Should I take it seriously or leave it?
I think, I received this mail 2nd time.
1st was in 25th May and 2nd on yesterday.
Connected devices on this network are 2 laptops, 1 computer, 3 MIUI devices, 1 Moto, 3 custom OS devices.
Maybe because of MIUI they are sending these kind of mails.
On laptop and computer, I don't think there is any problem.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
What to do with that mail.?
Should I take it seriously or leave it?
I think, I received this mail 2nd time.
1st was in 25th May and 2nd on yesterday.
Connected devices on this network are 2 laptops, 1 computer, 3 MIUI devices, 1 Moto, 3 custom OS devices.
Maybe because of MIUI they are sending these kind of mails.
On laptop and computer, I don't think there is any problem.
Maybe but millions of ppl in India currently use miui(incl me) so it should not be an issue, you can try asking back in reply mentioning this & see whether they can at least narrow down the device in question to windows/android. Have you checked your wifi network security to see if any unauthorized devices are connecting. For extra safety, change the wifi & router admin password.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Shady:- Of doubtful honesty or genuity. These types of antivirus includes 360 antivirus, some other type of fake antiviruses etc.
Friend I didn't found K7 to be of FAKE nature.
What you meant by 360 antivirus is that they are chinese made and those used to steal data + info from the users to the chinese servers. BUT THAT DOES NOT MAKE A PRODUCT FAKE!!!!

Unlike Quickheal, made in India products particularly AV products are not so bad.
Admitted,KASPERSKY rules the roost,but that doesn't mean other products are totally useless and worthless.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Have you ever tested 360 antivirus yourself? By scanning a malicious file?
I tested free Total 360 antivirus onto my Windows machine not on any Android environment for smartphone.
In Windows I never faced issues. Of course can't detect nor apprehend that chinese are stealing info to their servers from us.In fact no one at that time did or knew about that. I used it on 2009.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Maybe but millions of ppl in India currently use miui(incl me) so it should not be an issue, you can try asking back in reply mentioning this & see whether they can at least narrow down the device in question to windows/android. Have you checked your wifi network security to see if any unauthorized devices are connecting. For extra safety, change the wifi & router admin password.

Can you suggest some questions to ask them in email reply?
No unauthorised access in wifi router.
Maybe because MIUI is collecting the data.

Ask your friend or anybody else who uses the same network if they received it. Since it looks a sponsored/ advertisement sort of mail.
Still searching those MTNL'ers..

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Guess what i found

*www.amazon.in/IOKEN-Antivirus-Pro-Latest-Version/dp/B081DP5TGK

Pitambri like brands are also into antivirus business

I remember there was a antivirus by Syska also.

quicky008

Technomancer
Heard about this, another viable alternative is Kaspersky free edition. But personally i don't recommend it as my pc got infected twice even though kav free edition was already installed.

As of now i am using eset IS.

Top Bottom