Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well don't think Avast downloads so many updates. I had updated after 5 days and all it downloaded was around 1.8 mb, which I don't think is much :wink:

Avira updates are also small - less than a MB if you update it daily.

@topgear which Antispyware app should I get

Spybot S&D, SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition, SpywareBlaster and MalwareBytes AntiMalware are few god such apps - use any of these.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ at times it may miss. and if it didn't update you get a notification. click there to update it.

as for antispyware, Emsisoft Antimalware is a nice product. fast scanning with excellent detection rate but no protection module on free version.

Minion

Conversation Architect
AntiVirus Name: Roboscan internet security
Free or Paid: Free
Price in INR [If Paid]:free
Protection Type :full protection without optimising function

Ratings out of 5.
User Friendly:5/5
Detection Rate:good detection rate since it uses bitdefender engine and inhouse.

Comment:
Roboscan internet security free and is very light antivirus by default it scan for removable media.first scan is little slow but there after scans are lightning quick it has a firewall and have a hips.It update thrice as day.Interface is quick and cute it just show little ads like avg and is least annoying.

very good av for free.

AntiVirus Name: Quick heal! free antivirus
Free or Paid: free!!!! hurray
Price in INR [If Paid]: Rs. 000/-
Protection Type: provides everything what can be expected of a Internet antivirus suite, with firewall and Sandbox!!!
also supports Real-time protection against all Internet threats(Web Reputation), easy Parental Control, siteblocking, BOOT time Scan, Firewall, supports x64 and x32 OS.
Ratings out of 5. 4.5
User Friendly: 4.5
Detection Rate: 4 Works fine for me
Price: Rs. 000/-
Overall: Bingo Must free Use for all!!!

Recommend to Use: Yes

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
quick heal free? can i know when quick heal released a free version?

from next time try posting review for genuine product. not cracked/pirated ones.

cybersa

Broken In
AntiVirus Name:Avast
Free or Paid:Free
Price in INR [If Paid]:
Protection Type:Antivirus with Sandbox,Real time scanning,Site Blocking

Ratings out of 5.
User Friendly:4
Detection Rate:4
Price:-
Overall:4

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!
I used ZoneAlarm Firewall for a long time, but switched to Comodo Firewall, because ZoneAlarm slowed down the Windows Explorer. But, i find ZoneAlarm better, based on usability and protection both. Now i want to switch back, but that same damn problem!!! Windows Explorer slowed down!!
I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.
Any solutions?? :/

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ here's your fix ;-)

ZoneAlarm DRAMATICALLY slows down Windows Explorer - Page 2 - ZoneAlarm User Community

sc3n3l0v3r

Journeyman
AntiVirus Name:Avira Internet Security 2012
Free or Paid: Paid
Price in INR [If Paid]: Rs.1,748 INR (1 Year)
Protection Type:

Real-Time Protection prevents infection from viruses, worms and Trojans.
FireWall adds an extra layer of defense against intrusions.
ProActive halts undiscovered threats by tracking their behavior.
AHeAD Technology inspects unfamiliar code for suspicious signs.
Web Protection stops you from landing on malicious websites.
AntiDrive-by blocks unwanted software downloads while you surf.
Mail Protection keeps infected emails at a safe distance from your inbox.

Ratings out of 5

Detection Rate: 5
Price:- Rs.1784/- for 1 Year
Overall: 4.7

thinkjamil

Journeyman
Roboscan is registered under two names..just change the site to asia.

My Choice for home users and Gamers
AntiVirus Name: Avast free
Free or Paid: free
Price in INR [If Paid]:free
Protection Type:Antivirus,sandbox,Shields(lemme not name them all),remote assistance

Ratings out of 5. 4.6
User Friendly:4.8
Detection Rate:4.8
Price:0
Overall:4.8

Recommend to Use: Yes , using it for quite long now..and years ago updated it definitions from digit DVDs..So it was obvious choice back then but i'm still using it means something.
Comments: get a firewall. i'm using private firewall..small ..and feature rich..offcourse free

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
So I've decided to purchase an Internet Secutiy for my laptop. Which one should I go for keeping in mind that I spend substantial amount of time online and also do Internet Banking and shopping.
Kaspersky?,Bit Defender?,Norton?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
So I've decided to purchase an Internet Secutiy for my laptop. Which one should I go for keeping in mind that I spend substantial amount of time online and also do Internet Banking and shopping.
Kaspersky?,Bit Defender?,Norton?

Kaspersky Internet security. ESET Smart Security is also a good alternative, if you don't want to be bugged every now and then like KIS.

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
AntiVirus Name: Microsoft Security Essential
Free or Paid: FREE
Price in INR [If Paid]: Free
Protection Type:Antivirus and Spyware But no Firewall!
Ratings out of 5. 4
Detection Rate: 4
Price: Rs. 000
Overall: Awesome antivirus but no firewall.Good thing of this antivirus is it will only work in Genuine Windows Vista/7

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
Kaspersky Internet security. ESET Smart Security is also a good alternative, if you don't want to be bugged every now and then like KIS.

Ok,Thanx..:)

And what about BitDefender Total Security? It Got Editor's Pick in the April 2012 issue of Digit and is available at an unbelievable price on flipkart right now.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I think BitDefender is god - it gets high rating in many foreign tech mags and review sites as well - you can try it and tell us your experience with it ;-)

Top Bottom