Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can't do anything just wait for next release when they fixed those bugs.:wink:

the Re-Installation of yesterday fixed the update bug and now the update time is showing correctly ;-)

BTW, my version is 10.0.185.3207.

AntiVirus Name: Avast Internet Security
Free or Paid: Paid
Price in INR [If Paid]: Rs. 2140/year
Protection Type: Complete PC Protection + Intrnet Security

Ratings out of 5.
User Friendly: 4.3
Detection Rate: 4.6
Price: 3.4
Overall: 4.7

Recommend to Use: Yes
Comments: Definitely recommended, the best I have ever hit. I installed in 2009 and I haven't re-installed My windows YET !!! :) . Super happy. :cool:

did you buy a 3 years license for 3 pcs - the most costly Av I've seen till date ;-)

this Ad-aware is pissing me off... i can't store a single game crack, thanks to it! :(

So far I've not faced any such issues ;-) put those no cd type files on a folder and put those files on the ignore list.

game companies should make it mandatory to have ad aware installed to play any kind of game. piracy will disappear :mrgreen:

nice idea but even Avira and Norton Av has the same issue ;-)

Minion

Conversation Architect
ax3,

Don't use cracked version they are not safe use pctool antivirus 9 instead. has very good detection rate.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
using Kaspersy Internet security 2012 on intel atom D425 system & it works fine.paid Rs.260 for 1 year 1 pc license & in my opinion best value for money security suite at this price.though free suites are good too at this price i simply do not see any compelling logic to not use KIS2012 especially when i order a Rs.100 pizza every week :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
my frd installed new norton 360 v6, trial version .... he found a working crack to it & its looking good .... he insist i get it bt am in doubt, is it really safe to use a cracked version of trial av or freeware is good ????

at least spare the security software that watches your back while you play with pirated versions of games and other craps that are full of rootkits & spywares. Anyone want to clean all their pirated copies of softwares and games, try emsisoft antimalware. trust me, you won't touch that thing again even with a 100m long pole ;) you may install it on your friend's PC, start a scan and enjoy the aftermatch :grin: (i have done it many times)

now move on. this thread is turning into a crack discussion thread and further discussion will lead to having all the new posts being removed :|

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
found this :
Immunet Protect - Free Anti Virus Software, Free Cloud Antivirus
and it seems like a good product :
Immunet Protect - Download.com

anyone wants to try it and give feedback ;-)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
people I have seen the latest version of avast 7 give peculiar problems. It blocks programs like Xchat, which is a IRC client. Had to add to exceptions.
Might also try the latest Avira soon. But for now avast is fine. There is also a slight noticeable decrease in copy speeds as shown by Teracopy. Too proactive scanning :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
people I have seen the latest version of avast 7 give peculiar problems. It blocks programs like Xchat, which is a IRC client. Had to add to exceptions.
Might also try the latest Avira soon. But for now avast is fine. There is also a slight noticeable decrease in copy speeds as shown by Teracopy. Too proactive scanning :p

auto sandbox is on i guess. make sandbox manual and when it asks, add it to trusted list or whatever. best is to skip installing sandbox during installation.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
lol. It seems to have been fixed now :p
Strange I didnt notice while installing. Its off now and everything is normal. Thanks :D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ never heard of that AV but the reason behind the high price may be it uses four scan engines ;-) but acc to the reviews it's not a very good Av app :
Slightly Better Blocking - Coranti 2012 Multi-Engine AntiVirus & AntiSpyware Review & Rating | PCMag.com

so people better stick with Av's using only a single scan engine.

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!
^^ never heard of that AV but the reason behind the high price may be it uses four scan engines ;-) but acc to the reviews it's not a very good Av app :
Slightly Better Blocking - Coranti 2012 Multi-Engine AntiVirus & AntiSpyware Review & Rating | PCMag.com

so people better stick with Av's using only a single scan engine.

Editor's rating 1.5/5 on PCMag. :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ that what's happen when you ( pointing to the devs of this crap AV app ) use 4 scan engines but none of even one is made by you ;-)

vaibhav23

In the zone
need to get another free antivirus other than avast for browsing purpose and downloading torrents once in a month.Avast is quite a bandwith hog and all the time keeps on downloading some updates.
Should getting a Kaspersky Antivirus be a better option and how is its security

SeenuGuddu

Broken In
need to get another free antivirus other than avast for browsing purpose and downloading torrents once in a month.Avast is quite a bandwith hog and all the time keeps on downloading some updates.

fine dude, go head with KIS(Kaspersky Internet security), i am using this KIV anti virus sw for the past 5 years. you will satisfied with this.

In my experience, No anti virus is perfect.spend some few bucks instead of going torrent's that will save you alot from bad stuff.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ vaibhav23 - why not use Avira AntiVir Free edition with some good Antispyware apps - enough for your needs. I'm using it again after 7 months ;-)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
need to get another free antivirus other than avast for browsing purpose and downloading torrents once in a month.Avast is quite a bandwith hog

Well don't think Avast downloads so many updates. I had updated after 5 days and all it downloaded was around 1.8 mb, which I don't think is much :wink:

utkarsh73

In the zone

Among all the AVs I have used, Avast! definition updates were the smallest and just takes few seconds to update on every 2nd or 3rd day on my 15 Kbps connection:-D
Regarding Kaspersky Antivirus, I installed the trial version and removed it within 24 hours. Reason: it will frustrate you like hell with its numerous dialog boxes:evil:. Many may see this as a +ve but I don't.

Top Bottom