Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
^ the only prob with ESS is cleaning up an infection
Doesn't look after the reg files ...

But gives maximum pro-active defence against new malware//Heur basis !!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Being an user of ESET SS for 3 yrs continuously, I can assure you that you won't be dissatisfied. Its one of the most non-obtrusive AV out there (just chip in proper setting on first hand).

only thing i hate of Eset was its setting menu last time i used. Was really complicated. Settings were hidden under tabs & tabs.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
only thing i hate of Eset was its setting menu last time i used. Was really complicated. Settings were hidden under tabs & tabs.

Under tabs? When did you last time ? I never saw "tabs" in settings. (or may be I don't remember). I'm using from v4 to v5 now. And I find that really easy as compared to Kaspersky. I just "force cleaning" by default and it takes care of the rest. :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Under tabs? When did you last time ? I never saw "tabs" in settings. (or may be I don't remember). I'm using from v4 to v5 now. And I find that really easy as compared to Kaspersky. I just "force cleaning" by default and it takes care of the rest. :)

late 2010. i have used avast & avira and compared to them, Eset's menu system was really bad. it took me more than 2min just to open quantine and more time to check scan settings. i have used Kaspersky. If you remove detection rate, it'll immediately go to the lowest rank cause of its bloatware nature.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ i am a big fan of avast and using it since 5yrs. so not much chance of going for a paid AV dropping my free license.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
This two links should help you guys ;-)

*www.pcworld.com/reviews/collection/3247/2010_suites.html

*www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372364,00.asp

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
From the day I started watching antivirus review sites, I don't remember bitdefender being even #2. :eek:

I used it once (may be in 2008-09), was light on system, not complex but not even simple, a so so antivirus. Couldn't test detection as viruses didn't attacked me then :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
From the day I started watching antivirus review sites, I don't remember bitdefender being even #2. :eek:

I used it once (may be in 2008-09), was light on system, not complex but not even simple, a so so antivirus. Couldn't test detection as viruses didn't attacked me then :p

different sites give different rating. best it to pick the ones with best detection rate and try a trial. just disable the current AV and give it a trial run. If it seems more like a bloatware, uninstall it else one may place an order for a key.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

I used Bitdefender on 2008 and after installing this I faced lots of BSODs and uninstalled it - after that I've never used it but recetly saw some foreign mags giving it high ratings and it's the cheapest AV available on flipkart -

I think the latest version may be improved and thats' why I asked for personal feedback about Bitdefender ;-)

Top Bottom