Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

gameranand

Living to Play
ajayritik said:
Looking for a change should I opt for Avira or Avast?
I would suggest Avira. But both are very good. Avira is very simple and basic and less resource hungry where Avast is full of features and all but sometimes gives problems.

D

Deleted member 118788

For Free Antivirus MS Security Essentials is a good option but for who running genuine windows

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes. used MSE & like its clean interface. some may feel it lacks controls but the protection is solid. for those who don't want to tweak & check every avl settings, MSE is for them (not for me).

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
I would suggest Avira. But both are very good. Avira is very simple and basic and less resource hungry where Avast is full of features and all but sometimes gives problems.

I remember myself using Avira during 2004,5,6 .. Those days it was very good ..
Nowadays ... I get troubled with it !

Too much of false positive .. Whenever i use a crack it flags it as malware ...

And being Disturbed I wanted to test the engine of Avira with the MDL malware links
Almost 50% went through ... :x

I felt ashamed When i Tried to recover my friend's infected PC with Avira free .. It miserably Failed ..
avast boot scan saved my day ..

Now experimentally satisfied with avast ..
Hopefully that Doesn't interfere with my gaming .. Even avcomparitives ranked
avast in performance advanced+

Even Do watch this video ....
somewhat

Part1:

[YOUTUBE]jj030o8geIA[/YOUTUBE]

Part2:

[YOUTUBE]IcNLWccDI7U&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I remember myself using Avira during 2004,5,6 .. Those days it was very good ..
Nowadays ... I get troubled with it !

Too much of false positive .. Whenever i use a crack it flags it as malware ...

And being Disturbed I wanted to test the engine of Avira with the MDL malware links
Almost 50% went through ... :x

I felt ashamed When i Tried to recover my friend's infected PC with Avira free .. It miserably Failed ..
avast boot scan saved my day ..

Now experimentally satisfied with avast ..
Hopefully that Doesn't interfere with my gaming .. Even avcomparitives ranked
avast in performance advanced+

Is flagging a crack as malware a false positive? Almost every AV do it since ages.

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Is flagging a crack as malware a false positive? Almost every AV do it since ages.

I mean not only cracks .... many of them // Even SUPER &copy

They announce turn off Avira while installation in their inatallation notes ..:razz:

Ok leave the false positive .... What about the prevention test ... Malwaredomainlist ? Did you watch the video ??

Nowadays Avira is meant to mark Goodware as malware ad treat malware with cakes !

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes. Avast is nowadays far better than Avira. I remember couple of years ago my AV (forget which one I had installed at that time) was having problems with with TeraCopy. And the conflict with Nirsoft utilities is well-known.

ajayritik

Technomancer
AntiVirus Name:Bit Scan
[/B]

Bitscan.... Never heard about this one....

Actually one of my friend works in this place where they market this product. Since I was getting the product license free I thought will try it.

Small Correction the name of the Antivirus that I'm currently using is Bit Secure.

^ but their software is surely worth into !

^^ Worth into what?

Scientia Wiz

In Shameful Misery
AntiVirus Name: McAfee Total Protection 2011 3 Users 1 Year.
Free or Paid: Paid
Price in INR [If Paid]: Rs. 1950.00
Protection Type: Includes antivirus for both X86 & X64 OS, Siteadvisor, Online Backup of 2GB per User, Mail Cleaner, Network Watch & of course Firewall too.

Mine too ~!

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys please suggest me a good free antivirus. Should I go for Avira or Avast? If any one of the two any specific version?

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Guys please suggest me a good free antivirus. Should I go for Avira or Avast? If any one of the two any specific version?

Both are good !
Avira has more false positives but better detection ..
Avast misses one or two malware but has good network shield !

IF u visit are exposed to new threads and warez , then go with Avira ..
U can also install comodo firewall ...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Avast is best when used with antispyware or antimalware. its virus detection is good but misses most spywares. Avira is both light & have good detection.

Top Bottom