Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
:facepalm:
You probably havent used it extensively enough that you are commenting like this.

I have noticed it is uneffective in virus infected. In clean pc with a good ammount of ram it works fine.
For virus infected pc's Malwarebytes and Housecall are things to use.

Dude i've used it for an year on all my home computers (i bought a five user license). It requires a decent setup at least. Old laptops,computers and netbooks slow down even more because of it. I installed it on a reformatted laptop and netbook and the systems slowed down quite a bit. Also everytime we i needed to scan any file it always scanned the memory first :x (which was extremely irritating). So lets just say, my experience with quickheal = :banghead:

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
Dude i've used it for an year on all my home computers (i bought a five user license). It requires a decent setup at least. Old laptops,computers and netbooks slow down even more because of it. I installed it on a reformatted laptop and netbook and the systems slowed down quite a bit. Also everytime we i needed to scan any file it always scanned the memory first :x (which was extremely irritating). So lets just say, my experience with quickheal = :banghead:
+1. I had a nightmare installing the 60-day trial that came with Digit. Although their customer support is excellent (with call support for all users).

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
netprotect 2011 was installed in uncle's PC (P4 with 256Mb ram & lot of corrupted files).

1st scan with MBAM: 35 infections inc some registry keys. removed.
2nd scan: Emsisoft AM: lots of infections (missed by MBAM)
3rd Scan: Avast Free & 6 files detected.

emsisoft scan is still going on as PC is slow like hell. net protect is a damn virus. kicked it out.

joshiks7

Journeyman
Hi,

I have Windows 7 and norton antivirus 2011

I have just installed COMODO Firewall. In which mode should it be run? Should I disable windows firewall?

I have Norton antivirus 2011--does it have firewall? Can I upgrade to Norton internet security OR antivirus 2011 is okay/sufficient??

Should I use MALWAREBYTES in addition to antivirus 2011?

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Disable Windows Firewall and use comodo firewall.

If you bought only Norton antivairus you should use comodo along with it but if you have bought Norton Internet Security then no need to use comodo.

You can use MALWAREBYTES antimalware with any of these ;-)

joshiks7

Journeyman
Thanks.

Which is better---malwarebytes OR Emisoft antimalware?
Can I use both of them?

Hi,
Which is better---Speed my PC OR Tune Up Utilities 2011?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i use both. Malwarebytes detection is solid. hardly any false positive. Emsisoft's 1/4th warning are falsepositive but scanning is fast & can scan inside compressed files. use both as a scanner or you may go for full version of Malwarebytes.

TuneUp Utilities FTW. anyday. everyday.

gameranand

Living to Play
joshiks7 said:
Which is better---malwarebytes OR Emisoft antimalware?
Malwarebytes.
joshiks7 said:
Can I use both of them?
Yes.
joshiks7 said:
Which is better---Speed my PC OR Tune Up Utilities 2011?
TuneUp Utilities. But I usually use seperate programs for all utilities and get the job done for free. Like Glary Utilities, Ccleaner, Auslogics Disk Defrag. :)):))

ajayritik

Technomancer
TBH Comodo has best Firewall their Security suite isn't that good. I only use Comodo Firewall and I can tell that its one of the best.

^^ Agree with you on this. Have been using it for quite some time now and happy with the results so far.

AntiVirus Name:Bit Scan
Free or Paid:Free(Got it from friend who had some licenses to share)
Price in INR [If Paid]:NA
Protection Type:AV

Ratings out of 5. 2/5
User Friendly:Yes
Detection Rate:Ok
Price:NA
Overall:OK

Recommend to Use: No
Comments: Even though it doesn't slow up the PC I find that at times its detection rate is not that good.

Looking for a change should I opt for Avira or Avast?

D

Deleted member 118788

BitDefender 2011 is the best antivirus.
AntiVirus Software Review 2011 - TopTenREVIEWS
Top Ten Antivirus Top 10 Antivirus 10 Best Antivirus Programs Ratings
Top Ten Antivirus 2011 Top 10 Antivirus Software
Top 10 Antivirus 2011

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys apart from Antivirus and Firewall what other programs do you think I should install? I hear lots of people here discussing about spybot etc..

Any suggestions?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
ajayritik said:
I hear lots of people
here discussing about spybot etc.. Any suggestions?
Install=

1. Spybot Search&Destroy for occasional scan(once a week) and immunisation. The real time protection doesnt let anything go by unmissed and always gives a popup during registry change :D
2. Malwarebytes Antimalware for regular use. But free version doesnt have realtime protection.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
ajayritik said:
So what should I go for Avira or Avast
for Antivirus?
Well if you want less options and an antivirus that needs no activation or license, get Avira

If you want complete control over the antivirus get Avast. Needs a free license.

They have very similar performance. Avast has more features overall. Avira isnt inferior in any way though.

Top Bottom