Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
McAfee has many problems but never face anything like this. Is it some program update instead of signature update? Are you logged in as Administrator?

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
AntiVirus Name: KIS 2011
Free or Paid: Paid
Price in INR [If Paid]: Rs 750 for 3 User
Protection Type:AV, Firewall, Sandboxing etc.

Ratings out of 5.
User Friendly:5
Detection Rate:5
Price:5
Overall:5

Recommend to Use: Yes or No [If No then mention the appropriate reason]. Yes
Comments: Its the best AV you can get.

AntiVirus Name: QuickHeal Total Security 2010
Free or Paid: Paid
Price in INR [If Paid]: Rs 5k for 5 user
Protection Type:AV, Firewall, System Speedup(it does the opposite)etc.

Ratings out of 5.
User Friendly:2
Detection Rate:2
Price:0
Overall:0

Recommend to Use: Yes or No [If No then mention the appropriate reason]. No, it scans the memory everytime it has to scan a file and thats very time consuming and irritating.
Comments: Slows down the system and is literally trash. Don't take it even for free.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Quickheal is a crap in my opinion. We've it in our office. And it doesn't detect a single virus. Whereas housecall or malwarebytes catches many.

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
McAfee has many problems but never face anything like this. Is it some program update instead of signature update? Are you logged in as Administrator?

It could be a Program update as I have installed Mcafee from the Disk I got with my laptop sothe version maybe a bit old.And yes I'm logged in as administrator

What is your Product name ???

P.S - Post it correctly.

Mcafee Security Center

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
AntiVirus Name: Avast! Free Antivirus
Free or Paid: Free
Price in INR [If Paid]: N/A
Protection Type: AV, sandbox, browser add-on

Ratings out of 5.
User Friendly: 5
Detection Rate: 4
Price: 5
Overall:4

Recommend to Use: Yes.
Comments: Really good hassle-free antivirus software. Basic protection and less disk space usage. Does not slow down computers as Kaspersky and Norton do (at least on my PC with 1 gig RAM).

Last edited:
OP
d3p

d3p

PowerHouse
Mcafee Security Center

Does it got validity left out means do you have the account active ?

Check in the McAfee Login page -> Account -> Subscription status.

AFAIK, McAfee has closed serving security centre from last one year. Not sure, but looking for it. I will update, once i get some proof.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
AntiVirus Name: Avast! Free Antivirus
Free or Paid: Free
Price in INR [If Paid]: N/A
Protection Type: AV, sandbox, browser add-on

Ratings out of 5.
User Friendly: 5
Detection Rate: 4
Price: 5
Overall:4

Recommend to Use: Yes.
Comments: Really good hassle-free antivirus software. Basic protection and less disk space usage. Does slow down computers as Kaspersky and Norton do (at least on my PC with 1 gig RAM).

should be does not..... Avast is one of the most lightest antivirus available....

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
krishnandu.sarkar said:
Quickheal is a crap in my opinion. We've it in our office. And it doesn't detect a single virus
I disagree.

I have been using Quick Heal for last 2 years in my laptop. And it actually performs quite well. It detects 90% of viruses and kills them.
Maybe it isnt very effective in a PC which is already infected

krishnandu.sarkar said:
Whereas housecall or malwarebytes catches many.
Housecall is a Online AV so it is bound to catch many AV. Its a great online AV tool.
Whereas, Malware-bytes has always been my favourite to clean virus infected PC's :)

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yup..!! I use KIS @ Home. But on office we have Quick Heal, they installed it just after installing Win XP on this lappy. But it's totally infected, and quick heal doesn't even catch one.

Tried with malwarebytes and it caught many.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
^^ I know. I installed quickheal on my laptop after reformatting but it still couldn't detect viruses. The only reason quickheal sells is because the local engineer etc. guys get commission for selling quickheal. Just look at how much they advertise - magazines, radio etc. etc. for useless software. I've used avast as well and I will take avast any day instead of quickheal even if I get it for free.

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
Does it got validity left out means do you have the account active ?

Check in the McAfee Login page -> Account -> Subscription status.

AFAIK, McAfee has closed serving security centre from last one year. Not sure, but looking for it. I will update, once i get some proof.

Yup,it shows that my product is valid for 415 days more.I got the disk with my Dell XPS L502x which I've purchased just a month ago.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Cybertonic said:
The only
reason quickheal sells is because the
local engineer etc. guys get
commission for selling quickheal
:facepalm:
You probably havent used it extensively enough that you are commenting like this.

I have noticed it is uneffective in virus infected. In clean pc with a good ammount of ram it works fine.
For virus infected pc's Malwarebytes and Housecall are things to use.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
Kaspersky 2012 products final released......

Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 & Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 - The Best of Both Worlds!
Kaspersky : Trial Versions

Top Bottom