Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

Kaltrops

In the zone
well i dnt trust windows defender looking at all the loopholes that were present in internet explorers, I think that's the same case with windows defender, and i feel more secure using a product from a core cyber security firm rather than some other company which only made theAV security software as their holiday project......
Well as I said, stay away from dodgy sites and you'll be fine. I've been using a Windows laptop for 8 years (my sister's) without any Antivirus solution and we haven't had more than 3 virus attacks and that was only from opening suspicious keys.

Windows Defender is more than sufficient for the everyday user, not for people who torrents and does prawn.

isaac12345

Journeyman
Well as I said, stay away from dodgy sites and you'll be fine. I've been using a Windows laptop for 8 years (my sister's) without any Antivirus solution and we haven't had more than 3 virus attacks and that was only from opening suspicious keys.

Windows Defender is more than sufficient for the everyday user, not for people who torrents and does prawn.

Umm... No. Windows defender is appalling for the everyday user. You'll often find it being rated the lowest or as a baseline to compare other products. The everyday user doesn't know how to recognise dodgy sites or apps. And there are many instances when ad banners act as genuine products. The everyday user will most likely never acquire the necessary knowledge because they are interested in doing other things with their time. Asking the layman user to simply stay away from dodgy sites in today's world and everything will be fine is just bad advice. Get an antivirus software. Here's a promotional deal - WCCFtech Deals: 6 Months of Bitdefender Total Security 2015 Free

Kaltrops

In the zone
Umm... No. Windows defender is appalling for the everyday user. You'll often find it being rated the lowest or as a baseline to compare other products. The everyday user doesn't know how to recognise dodgy sites or apps. And there are many instances when ad banners act as genuine products. The everyday user will most likely never acquire the necessary knowledge because they are interested in doing other things with their time. Asking the layman user to simply stay away from dodgy sites in today's world and everything will be fine is just bad advice. Get an antivirus software. Here's a promotional deal - WCCFtech Deals: 6 Months of Bitdefender Total Security 2015 Free
Quite right you are. There are a lot of ignorant people out there. I'm judging them by my knowledge of the Internet.

Windows Defender + Malwarebytes premium + adblock is all I need.

quicky008

Technomancer
I'd like to buy an av software which can provide good overall protection from all types of malware and viruses- which antivirus software currently supports windows 10 as well as the earlier versions of windows?Compatibility with windows 10 is essential as i plan on upgrading to win 10 soon(currently dual booting between win 7 and 8)

A

amit.tiger12

I'd like to buy an av software which can provide good overall protection from all types of malware and viruses- which antivirus software currently supports windows 10 as well as the earlier versions of windows?Compatibility with windows 10 is essential as i plan on upgrading to win 10 soon(currently dual booting between win 7 and 8)

using 360 total security on windows 10 from 3 days... works fine...

360 Total Security | Download Free Antivirus for PC

Download offline installer...

A

amit.tiger12

already using Paid 1 year KIS on lap and desktop , v2015 doesnt support win 10 , so i asked about 2016 version

2015 key works on 2016.. ask kaspersky for upgrade capabilities from 2015 to 2016 edition...

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
AVG anti virus just updated there privacy policy. it says that they can and will sell your browsing history to 3rd parties. : technology

We collect non-personal data to make money from our free offerings so we can keep them free, including: Advertising ID associated with your devices Browsing and search history, including meta data; Internet service provider or mobile network you use to connect to our products; and Information regarding other applications you may have on your device and how they are used. Sometimes browsing history or search history contains terms that might identify you. If we become aware that part of your browsing history might identify you, we will treat that portion of your history as personal data, and will anonymize this information. We may also aggregate and/or anonymize personal data we collect about you. For instance, although we would consider your precise location to be personal data if stored separately, if we combined the locations of our users into a data set that could only tell us how many users were located in a particular country, we would not consider this aggregated information to be personally identifiable.

AVG users I suggest you guys move to Avira or Avast.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
AV-Comparatives - Independent Tests of Anti-Virus Software - Real World Protection Test Overview
windows 7 gives 92.7% protection out of box & win 10 is definitely more secure than win 7.

What?s the Best Antivirus for Windows 10? (Is Windows Defender Good Enough?)
Despite the low “scores” offered to Windows Defender by AV-Test — just “0.5/6” for protection — Windows Defender caught 95 percent of the “widespread and prevalent malware” in June 2015, along with 85 percent of the zero-day attacks. BitDefender managed 100 percent and 100 percent of the tested samples, while Kaspersky managed 100 percent and 99 percent. So, despite the wide difference in scores, Windows Defender still does a solid job.

With some common sense & MBAM free softwares AV is not required for win 10 but if one downloads/browse "ahem" softwares/sites any decent free AV like avira,avast etc is more than enough.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Windows defender failed me when i used it sometime back even with windows defender i was infected and lost my data not going to take any risk.
Now on panda cloud 2016 and its very light and with good detection rate.

tkin

Back to school!!
I've been using avast from God knows when and its working fantastic. I even bought the paid version to support the devs. Windows defender doesn't have the kind of functionality most avs have. Detection is not the only benchmark of an av.

Top Bottom