Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

tkin

Back to school!!
Re: Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

Now using AVG Internet Security past 3 years...Before that Antivir and Avast using..it was insane to me, every 2 to 3 months...OS will corrupt..
Antivirus doesn't corrupt OS, at least avast does not, have been running Avast over the past 5 years, no such issue.

shreeux

Movie Buff

Antivirus doesn't corrupt OS, at least avast does not, have been running Avast over the past 5 years, no such issue.

I know...But poor performance....my OS will corrupt due to virus...!!!

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Now using AVG Internet Security past 3 years...Before that Antivir and Avast using..it was insane to me, every 2 to 3 months...OS will corrupt..

Not using any active antivirus. Last time my OS got corrupt 2 (maybe 3) years ago because I played with system files. :rofl:

Minion

Conversation Architect

I know...But poor performance....my OS will corrupt due to virus...!!!

If you are using any system tuning utilities don't use them they are the reason behind most corrupt OS.Try Panda cloud 2016 it is very light on system and performance is very good.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
AVG anti-virus is selling your web browsing history ... a reason to be worried?

I bet other free AV's do the same including panda av.

Can any Win 10 user share his AV name and performance? And which AV is good for Win XP SP2 with 1 gigs of RAM? It should not slow down the pc.

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
I bet other free AV's do the same including panda av.

Can any Win 10 user share his AV name and performance? And which AV is good for Win XP SP2 with 1 gigs of RAM? It should not slow down the pc.

Using KIS 2016 on Win10. Working fine since Apr 15. Doesn't clog the system. For false positives(ahem files etc.) you can easily add exclusions.

sohan_92

In the zone
And which AV is good for Win XP SP2 with 1 gigs of RAM? It should not slow down the pc.

May be it will be hilarious but i am still using microsoft security essential on my old Pentium D with 768 MB RAM gig. Until now it is fine. Still sometimes system freezes during AV updation.

PS: OS is same as yours.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
May be it will be hilarious but i am still using microsoft security essential on my old Pentium D with 768 MB RAM gig. Until now it is fine. Still sometimes system freezes during AV updation.

PS: OS is same as yours.

Man when I try to install MSE in XP SP2, it says that it is not compatible with this version of Windows or something. How were you able to install it?

Top Bottom