Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

Lenny

Journeyman
Yeah, i've tried avast. It was O-Okay. I'm sticking to what i currently using. The Dr. Safety. 1 more week and i will switch out to test more effective free tools.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I use them still though... before Dr Safety, i'm using Avast. Sometimes you had to put it in there... And i also test various tools that works great for games.

Using Nexus 5.
Not installing and sticking with Android Market apps should be sufficient. Anyways, give this a read:

antivirus - Is it a good idea/useful to use two Anti-virus apps on Android? - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange

Rajesh345

Youngling
I wanted to Buy AV for small office ,Server and around 40 Clients , looking to buy AV which can be manageable from Server

I find this cheap compared to others

Small Business Security | Antivirus Security for SMB - eScan

[40=Rs 17,200.00 Only]

while other AV's are priced higher higher , any better alternative?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you want quality you have to spend money.symantec is costlier compared to kaspersky & i don't think you will find anything better cheaper than kaspersky.
CareOne : One StopIT Solutions

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
The systems at my company at which I worked used Quick Heal Endpoint (business version).

I used to think that my company IT guys were good but using QH ??

I did ask them why they use it, and they replied that it served two purpose, one protection, and another, blocking ports without headache of using some other software. I didn't know what to say. (really)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
It's been a long time since I had an antivirus. Last time, I installed Antivir free version.

Lenny

Journeyman
Not installing and sticking with Android Market apps should be sufficient. Anyways, give this a read:

antivirus - Is it a good idea/useful to use two Anti-virus apps on Android? - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange

I see. Thanks for this. I understand your point.

Genius-jatt

Broken In
I am using 360 Total Security while reading our Digit forum & suggested by some members.

Now pl read this link & give your suggestions what to do now ?

Link:- Tencent, Qihoo antimalware firms are accused of cheating, stripped of rankings in antivirus tests | PCWorld

quicky008

Technomancer
For the last couple of weeks i have been getting frequent pop-ups from a program called "offers4u" everytime i access the internet from firefox-a bit of googling revealed that its actually some kind of malware which infects pcs and hampers their performance,i tried all the suggested techniques of removing it,including running thorough scans of my system using malwarebytes but the problem still persists.Is there any other effective way to get rid of this annoying malware from my system permanently?I have avast 2015 installed on my computer but it fails to detect the source of this infection.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
by default avast does not scan for PUP(potentially unwanted programs) which are technically not virus/malware(as they are not stealing confidential info) but can be quite annoying.
Remove Offers4U Ads (Virus Removal Guide)

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
I was a big fan of Kaspersky IS.(since 2007) But slowed down my pc after 5 months every time Ii format.
Was without and Antivirus and I am really careful in downloading/clicking and have adblock plus.
But one nasty download screwed up my pc one day and that moment Malwarebytes saved the day where other .exe's were not able to run.
now Malwarebytes fan though it is not 100% secure(can't auto scan usb drives, etc)
but when using usb drives, disabling autoplay and carefully browsing the contents for virus and deleting them when suspicious.

Top Bottom