Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

$hadow

Geek in making
Comodo had some serious problems with Win 8.1. Is is solved now ??
I switched to Zonealarm at that time and now I just got used to it but still asking out of curiosity.

I used it but haven't worked properly so I guess 8.1 usage and compatibility problem still persists.

A

amit.tiger12

Re: Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

It is good but why don't you give 360 at and comodo firewall a shot.

it's not for me my friend needed paid antivirus, for his home pc, laptop and dad's laptop... I am using 360 ts, and now going to install comodo firewall..

- - - Updated - - -

I used it but haven't worked properly so I guess 8.1 usage and compatibility problem still persists.

no problem now... using for 1-2 yr... not faced any compatibility problem in 2014, 2015.. New os always takes time to settle... like android lollipop.. :)

- - - Updated - - -

which is better ?
comodo or zone alarm??
which slows down pc??
:)

gameranand

Living to Play
Well I for one have used most of the free AVs and Firewalls and I prefer Avast + Zonealarm now. Comodo was good while it lasted but Zonealarm is more resource friendly but kinda difficult GUI to get used to but its good at what it does.

A

amit.tiger12

Well I for one have used most of the free AVs and Firewalls and I prefer Avast + Zonealarm now. Comodo was good while it lasted but Zonealarm is more resource friendly but kinda difficult GUI to get used to but its good at what it does.

did you tried 360 total security?

does zonealarm eat lots of memory?

$hadow

Geek in making

I am using zonealarm for some time now and it performs well.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no compatibility problem now.

I got too frequent system freeze and multiple errors regarding firewall permissions, so I decided to move on to zone alarm.

gameranand

Living to Play

I got too frequent system freeze and multiple errors regarding firewall permissions, so I decided to move on to zone alarm.

Same here and Comodo was a PITA with all those gadgets and crapware....was just finding a reason to switch and when it gave BSOD I got the reason and moved to Zone Alarm.

$hadow

Geek in making

Same here and Comodo was a PITA with all those gadgets and crapware....was just finding a reason to switch and when it gave BSOD I got the reason and moved to Zone Alarm.

That means I am not the only one.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
what version is it? [legit or ...]

when the license to my avast expired, it stopped updating.
and anyway, it has very high false positives rate.

TS360 is good so far.

gave me 2 false positives with Insurgency. i put them in the trust list and no hassles so far.

$hadow

Geek in making

TS360 is good so far.

gave me 2 false positives with Insurgency. i put them in the trust list and no hassles so far.

TS 360 also tax less on the performance.

Lenny

Journeyman
AntiVirus Name: Dr. Safety
Free or Paid: Data Security FREE
Price in INR [If Paid]:
Protection Type: AV-TEST best-rated Android mobile security technology by Trend Micro

Ratings out of 5.
User Friendly: 4
Detection Rate: 4
Price: 5
Overall: 4.5

Recommend to Use: Yes very much. Currently using it in my Nexus 5. uses AV-TEST.
Comments: blocks virus, malware, spyware, malicious phishing attacks, unwanted spam calls for free, and also protects against privacy security risks and any data theft on a lost device.

Additional. They also have Dr. Booster - for performance app boosting FREE. - using it too.

A

amit.tiger12

AntiVirus Name: Dr. Safety
Free or Paid: Data Security FREE
Price in INR [If Paid]:
Protection Type: AV-TEST best-rated Android mobile security technology by Trend Micro

Ratings out of 5.
User Friendly: 4
Detection Rate: 4
Price: 5
Overall: 4.5

Recommend to Use: Yes very much. Currently using it in my Nexus 5. uses AV-TEST.
Comments: blocks virus, malware, spyware, malicious phishing attacks, unwanted spam calls for free, and also protects against privacy security risks and any data theft on a lost device.

Additional. They also have Dr. Booster - for performance app boosting FREE. - using it too.

no need of antivirus in mobile...
waste of money and battery

Lenny

Journeyman
I use them still though... before Dr Safety, i'm using Avast. Sometimes you had to put it in there... And i also test various tools that works great for games.

Using Nexus 5.

A

amit.tiger12

I use them still though... before Dr Safety, i'm using Avast. Sometimes you had to put it in there... And i also test various tools that works great for games.

Using Nexus 5.

Check this...

Fandroids, take your phone's antivirus and burn it – Android bod • The Register

gameranand

Living to Play

TS360 is good so far.

Avast is free is it not ?? So I use the latest version obviously.
Yes when your license expires then it stops updating, you can always renew your license for free.
I have not faced any false positive with anything till now. Not with Insurgency or any games for that matter.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
the latest Avast version has a very annoying issue,to continue install it requires 10% of C drive free even if the entire install needs only ~600-700mb.Because of this reason i couldn't install the latest version as even though my C drive has more than enough free space for Avast install,it is less than 10% of entire C drive.

gameranand

Living to Play
the latest Avast version has a very annoying issue,to continue install it requires 10% of C drive free even if the entire install needs only ~600-700mb.Because of this reason i couldn't install the latest version as even though my C drive has more than enough free space for Avast install,it is less than 10% of entire C drive.

Report to them. They might fix it with new update.

Top Bottom