Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
it is always recommended to uninstall older version of an AV first to avoid possible issues.while uninstalling kis 2013(do not use 3rd party uninstaller,use windows add/remove programs or kaspersky uninstall option) you will get the option to keep license info so select that.

BhargavJ

In the zone
Is there any separate thread for mobile antivirus? I have a Karbon Titanium S5; I've installed AVG Antivirus (Free) on it. When I scan it, it shows a threat: under Apps, it shows SmsService as Malware, and asks for uninstallation. Even when I uninstall it, nothing happens, but AVG keeps giving the same malware message. I connected the phone to my laptop, which has a licensed Kaspersky AV, and I scanned the phone with it, but Kaspersky shows no virus. So what is the problem?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Is there any separate thread for mobile antivirus? I have a Karbon Titanium S5; I've installed AVG Antivirus (Free) on it. When I scan it, it shows a threat: under Apps, it shows SmsService as Malware, and asks for uninstallation. Even when I uninstall it, nothing happens, but AVG keeps giving the same malware message. I connected the phone to my laptop, which has a licensed Kaspersky AV, and I scanned the phone with it, but Kaspersky shows no virus. So what is the problem?

Problem is that phone doesn't needs an antivirus.

Google actively scans your installed apps for malwares, if any, so don't worry.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Op is getting apps from questionable sources then he might need some kind of protection but still it's better to have some sort of protection than none. One more added advantage is these security apps can give some added benefits.

BTW, windows AV can scan through android apps [ apks downloaded from other sources ] - tried it it avira.

hari1

In the zone
Anyone used Webroot here? Does it work good?

I used it for 6 months. It's pretty great in my opinion.

Pros:
Absolutely no computer slowdowns
Very fast
Extremely small setup
Caught all viruses that got into my PC

Cons:
None I could find

Conclusion: Perfectly satisfied

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
If Op is getting apps from questionable sources then he might need some kind of protection but still it's better to have some sort of protection than none. One more added advantage is these security apps can give some added benefits.

Verify and install ?

Top Bottom