Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Guys anyone?
I agree with tkin. I've been using avast free for more than 6 years now. Never felt any requirement to change my AV.
Now these AV's, McAfee or Norton, etc, have become Bloatwares, that applies to Avast too, which used to use a mere 50 mb of space and required a p3 with 128 mb of ram (if I remember correctly) still, IMO, it's a good AV package for free.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Alright. Thanks. I don't understand what's the difference between an A.V and I.S though? I should use A.V right, not I.S?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Thanks Sam for the info :)

Installed Avast Pro 8, trial version, little slow on boot up than NIS but I will get used with it I guess!

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah Avast 8 is nice, looks are changed for better. Maximize isn't really a problem because I don't really need it at all. :)

hari1

In the zone
I am using NIS since three years and it was the best antivirus solution I have ever used. Do you know what? I never paid for it :-D. I always used many tricks like 90 day trials, giveaways, using licence key from old version and using install monitor to record every change made during the install and just reinstall the trial version again. Isn't it a good idea to save money while getting best protection possible WITHOUT USING ANY CRACKS?
What do you think?

Minion

Conversation Architect
Reviews on windows defender on w8.. I use it, just wanna know if it's good enough.

Windows defender is crap it doesn't find anything.
I will suggest you use Advance System Care Ultimate 6.0 very light on resource and it uses bitdefender engine.grab it now from here.
Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 FREE Download with Serial Key

gameranand

Living to Play
I am using NIS since three years and it was the best antivirus solution I have ever used. Do you know what? I never paid for it :-D. I always used many tricks like 90 day trials, giveaways, using licence key from old version and using install monitor to record every change made during the install and just reinstall the trial version again. Isn't it a good idea to save money while getting best protection possible WITHOUT USING ANY CRACKS?
What do you think?

Terrible at best. Why would I face such troubles when I have better solution for free. :|

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Lol, I don't buy games or anything, but I do buy these must needed softwares, like I did in case of Norton, or even Quick Heal! Now I'm using Avast, if I like it I'll buy it, simple.
But no, I didn't buy the latest version of NIS I was using. Because I find a cool 'that' thing, you know ;)

gameranand

Living to Play
What is terrible about uninstalling and reinstalling a software after 3 months which just takes 10-15 mins?

My point is....Why would I waste my 15-20 mins in reinstalling and all when I have better solution free of cost. Give me one good reason to move from Avast+Comodo Firewall combo and I will.

Top Bottom