Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Thanks for reply dashing.sujay but KAV was one antivirus I was wanting to avoid. Why? The last time I tried the trail version, my experience was beyond fail. Took a vow never to use it again and not to recommend anyone too :|

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Guys, the 1 year license of my Quick Heal Antivirus just expired. So any recommendations for any paid antivirus with a one year licesne? The cheaper the better. and also would be happy it would be available in Flipkart.

or should I buy the latest Quick Heal again? Been using them for 3 years now. No complaints. But just wanted a change :p

why not use avast or even avira? and current KAV is lot better. i have used 2009/2010 edition given in digit DVD at that time. i'd say epic fail.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Hehe I can understand, I personally use ESET SS since 3 yrs. Try it.

One problem of KAV I can say is that it requries lot of user interaction which most don't want.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys, the 1 year license of my Quick Heal Antivirus just expired. So any recommendations for any paid antivirus with a one year licesne? The cheaper the better. and also would be happy it would be available in Flipkart.

or should I buy the latest Quick Heal again? Been using them for 3 years now. No complaints. But just wanted a change :p

for a change why not try NAV 2012 - it's may not be the cheapest AV one of the best paid AV IMO ;-)

Theodre

In the zone
AntiVirus Name: Avast free Anti-Virus v7.0
Free or Paid: fREE
Price in INR [If Paid]: N/A
Protection Type: This comes with antivirus, web shield, p2p shield, webrep addon, behaviour shield, boot time scan, sand box. and so many other good stuff.

Ratings out of 5.
User Friendly: 5
Detection Rate: 4
Price: N/A
Overall: 4.5

Recommend to Use: Yes
Comments: This is the best free security protection around! I have been using it from v4.7 and am satisfied with its performance. I have used many premium suites like KiS 2010, PC TOOLs iNternet security etc, and i felt safe with them and i feel same way for this too. Avast feels like a professional and I feel safe when using this.
Review on v7.0: So many new things have been added good detection rate and furnished GUI. I like it :wink:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
oh well. my father said that I should use a free AV instead of downloading one :(

Time to download avast! free AV 7.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Already downloaded and registered. From first use it seems registration has become lot less of a hassle then it was in older versions. 1 click register. No checking of email and pasting of registration keys.

Will post a good review soon :)

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
What about Bitdefender Total Security 2012 ??

Some sites rated it No.1 Av of 2012 ..

A bag of 4 letter word starting with S and ending with T, in its purest form

actually Norton 2012 is one of the best paid A/V. no to AVG. free version is bloatware, paid one is crap.

I use a paid version of AVG, its pretty good.

Had used Bitdefender Total Security, was rubbish.

I cannot comment on Norton, but the general mindset is that Norton chokes your system and has a horrible detection rate

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
I hope these ugly review of Norton Helps.
Flipkart.com: Norton AntiVirus 2012 1 PC 1 Year Review by Saikat P
Flipkart.com: Norton AntiVirus 2012 5 PC 1 Year Review by Shyam Ananthakrishnan

Those who did a 5 star review said that "Excellent Packing and Fast Delivery", which is useless

If you can buy a higher end product, buy this.

Kaspersky Pure 2011 1 PC 1 Year: Flipkart.com: Kaspersky Anti-virus

Thats 2011 version, you can find 2012 version on ebay or other shopping site

Top Bottom