Anonymous Takes Down Indian Gov Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Anonymous shoots back at Indian Govenrment trying to Censor the Web as we know.
After all that news and complaints of MTNL/Reliance and other ISP Broadband Users of sites getting blocked this has come up.

Anonymous has claimed responsibility for cyber-attacks on a host of Indian government websites, in retaliation to the country’s web censorship plans, which most recently blocked websites like Daily Motion, Pastebin, Vimeo and the The Pirate Bay.

Announcing the attacks, Anon_Central tweeted: "Namaste #India, your time has come to trash the current government and install a new one. Good luck."

Indian government websites that have been attacked by Anonymous include the All India Congress Committee, Indian Supreme Court, Copyrightlabs.in, Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Information Technology, and the Jammu & Kashmir Police.

India’s web censorship row started last year, and has since attracted global attention, and forced over 21 internet companies (including Facebook, Google, Microsoft and YouTube ) to remove ‘objectionable’ content from their websites.

Source.

The Joh Doe Order:
Video sharing sites blocked on court order-TOI

Internet Service Providers block torrent sites on HC order-TOI

We Are The Legion.We Are Anonymous.We Are Not Impotent :wink:

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Re: Anonymous Takes Donw Indian Gov Sites

hey give them some credit, got to do something in those long hours after school
wait, is it vacation tiem?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

The change in government is long overdue. But the next government won't be any better IMHO. Censoring the web is the most cowardly thing imaginable to be done by the Indian government.
Posted via Mobile Device

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar

The change in government is long overdue. But the next government won't be any better IMHO. Censoring the web is the most cowardly thing imaginable to be done by the Indian government.
Posted via Mobile Device

cowardly? i find it strategically brilliant(dictatorial countries use this strategy)
surpress the populace's freedom of expression/speech so that you remain the "Clean" and "Good" neta

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

cowardly? i find it strategically brilliant(dictatorial countries use this strategy)
surpress the populace's freedom of expression/speech so that you remain the "Clean" and "Good" neta

How does suppression of freedom of expression make you a good neta? Would you support a neta who takes away your freedom of speech? I cannot tell the difference between a neta and a maggot on a corpse.

I think the main reason for the government to get serious about web censorship is Anna's campaign against corruption, which brew up a cyberstorm and reached out to people via the net. Now no maggot likes to be removed from the corpse it is so happily feeding upon. So, they decide to block the net to prevent something like this from happening.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
Sujeet

Sujeet

Undead!!!

How does suppression of freedom of expression make you a good neta? Would you support a neta who takes away your freedom of speech? I cannot tell the difference between a neta and a maggot on a corpse.

I think the main reason for the government to get serious about web censorship is Anna's campaign against corruption, which brew up a cyberstorm and reached out to people via the net. Now no maggot likes to be removed from the corpse it is so happily feeding upon. So, they decide to block the net to prevent something like this from happening.
Posted via Mobile Device

i Think commander made a Sarcastic Comment on ......:wink:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

hmm Indian culture is to blame.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar

Indian culture is to blame.
:rolleyes: Boring. there is a thread for this.lets keep it to
Ind. govt. vs Anonyomous
How does suppression of freedom of expression make you a good neta? Would you support a neta who takes away your freedom of speech?
no "Pardafash"(exposing) news articles(which would be considered "Defamatory")---->voter populace unaware of thier Neta's true colors----->vote same neta into power

swa

Right off the assembly line

Just Add
before
www.(website's address which is blocked by your ISP )
and you are good to go!
tested on airtel!

Last edited:

clmlbx

Technomancer

good move(If action only done because of censorship) else those idiot politicians will soon run dictatorship..

FYI I never had problem running those sites. still running on Airtel.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson

good move(If action only done because of censorship) else those idiot politicians will soon run dictatorship..

FYI I never had problem running those sites. still running on Airtel.
For me, on MTNL first it says "Access to this site has been blocked as per Court Orders" and it loads properly when page is reloaded.. :lol:

clmlbx

Technomancer

nothing that like with Airtel here, opens in one go

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

The govt will just talk.I doubt they'll do anything.
Only facebook and 1 or 2 more are facing censorship.Google(Search,youtube,blogger) is out of it.India dropped the case against them

This is where public sector companies have a stronghold, if they impose censorship, their actions can be protested against and even threaten to disconnect the services. Say that to a private company and you'll get the disconnection letter the day after.

I'm able to access the sites, via BSNL. What they are doing is simple DDoS attacks, undertaken by some jobless Yindian kids. I've idled at their irc channel and have found out they are nothing but wannabe anonymous hackers trying to make an impression, every 5-10 minutes they shout #tangodown dot.nic.in and blabber. What they do not realize is, it took so much planning, so much protests and hungerstrikes to pass a bill that the media supported(lokpal). Now with the entertainment industry's support for the ban, you think a group of wannabes can make a difference? I'd say it will be a miracle if it happens.

Denying access to site that are never accessed is not an eye opener, rather a "cool" thing to brag about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom