Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
^When did I say I used illegal methods ? ;)

Actually I was never too much into Animes. So no vows to watch. Had thought to give it a fresh try with Bleach, but time and my low_passion killed it.

May be I'll again download it, legally :p, should I also buy TBs.

Yeah you should get a decently large HDD. I think I'll just get a 3TB caviar green and get rid of the hassles...

But do let me know where you get your goods legally ;) I too want to be legal :D

debarshi

Otaku
guys?? any idea

If you are talking about the last aired episode (366) then the manga chapter after it is chapter 480 (Chapter 476,477,478,479 are shown in episode 366)

For more info, you could refer to Bleach Wikia

BTW, completed watching Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!

And I loved it.............. A real treat for slice of life anime lovers.......... :)

Continuing after Kanon, Usagi Drop and Clannad............... What should be next? Any suggestions?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
If you are talking about the last aired episode (366) then the manga chapter after it is chapter 480 (Chapter 476,477,478,479 are shown in episode 366)

For more info, you could refer to Bleach Wikia

BTW, completed watching Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!

And I loved it.............. A real treat for slice of life anime lovers.......... :)

Continuing after Kanon, Usagi Drop and Clannad............... What should be next? Any suggestions?

Try Space Westerns. I'm hoping you're looking for something fresh.

I'm going to suggest watching Space Adventure Cobra. I think it is a classic that deserves to be ranked among the best shows from the 70s and 80s. Also watch the commemorative anniversary shows, the movie and the pilot episode. To put it in perspective, I rate it as good as the original Neon Genesis Evangelion (it's a different kind of show so no direct comparison).

You could also watch Cowboy Bebop, which is another great show (from the 90s). Also watch it's movie (which was awesome).

I'll take a look at your hummingbird list and see what else I should suggest :)

On another note, why don't all of us, the TDF anime/manga-loving community, follow each other on Hummingbird? That way we can learn about more awesome shows and movies ;)

UPDATE: After looking at your hummingbird list, might I suggest some WTF shows? (assuming your list is at least complete, if not up to date):

Neon Genesis Evangelion (include Rebuild of Evangelion)
Kodomo No Jikan (not WTF because of sudden twists and turns, but because of the theme)

And some awesome space shows:

Planetes
Gundam (any will do)

mecha:

Patlabor
Gundam
Evangelion
Macross
Code Geass (mechs not the main focus, but they're cool as hell)
BreakBlade
Full Metal Panic

Fantasy/magic:

Soul Eater
Saint Seiya
Yu Yu Hakusho
Sailor Moon

Let me know if you want more suggestions :))

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^i know about all the shows mentioned in last few pages & already have a majority of them on my cousin's hdd but don't have time to watch.in fact my list of anime is ~750 & of manga is ~500 but i don't think i am going to watch or read most of them any time soon.

debarshi

Otaku
After looking at your hummingbird list, might I suggest some WTF shows? (assuming your list is at least complete, if not up to date

Yep its up to date :)

You're right. I'm definitely looking for something fresh..... but I am not particularly fond of the Mecha type (maybe I haven't tried any good ones yet) ....... I wanted to try Gundam for a while now....Everytime I think "Yosh, I'll start watching Gundam today" I just cringe due to sheer number of seasons and episodes.

I kinda like short anime better.... (Though Hayate no Gotoku was worth watching :p )

The longest series I've been watching is Naruto, Bleach, and Dragonball series.

The ones I'm looking forward to are Soul Eater, Saint Seiya, Evangelion, Code Geass, Full metal panic........ Thanks for the suggestions........ And could you also suggest some short ones? Its PITA downloading the big ones :p

On another note, why don't all of us, the TDF anime/manga-loving community, follow each other on Hummingbird? That way we can learn about more awesome shows and movies

Cool idea but how do we know which of the members maintain an account there...

Dont mention it!!!

^^i know about all the shows mentioned in last few pages & already have a majority of them on my cousin's hdd but don't have time to watch.in fact my list of anime is ~750 & of manga is ~500 but i don't think i am going to watch or read most of them any time soon.

I'll do anything to have that hdd for a few months............ *sigh* net speeds in India

UPDATE: Watching Planetes and d/l Nodame Cantabile.......... Planetes is awesome..... Thanks ExtremeGamer for this one

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Yep its up to date :)

You're right. I'm definitely looking for something fresh..... but I am not particularly fond of the Mecha type (maybe I haven't tried any good ones yet) ....... I wanted to try Gundam for a while now....Everytime I think "Yosh, I'll start watching Gundam today" I just cringe due to sheer number of seasons and episodes.

I kinda like short anime better.... (Though Hayate no Gotoku was worth watching :p )

The longest series I've been watching is Naruto, Bleach, and Dragonball series.

The ones I'm looking forward to are Soul Eater, Saint Seiya, Evangelion, Code Geass, Full metal panic........ Thanks for the suggestions........ And could you also suggest some short ones? Its PITA downloading the big ones :p

Cool idea but how do we know which of the members maintain an account there...

Dont mention it!!!

I'll do anything to have that hdd for a few months............ *sigh* net speeds in India

UPDATE: Watching Planetes and d/l Nodame Cantabile.......... Planetes is awesome..... Thanks ExtremeGamer for this one

You're welcome :)

But here's a tip: Gundam is not made up of "seasons" so to speak. Yes in a single series there are usually 2 seasons in case of a ~50 episode show, but on the whole you do not, I repeat, DO NOT, need to watch everything.

If you want something relatively short, don't watch the Universal Century and Cosmic Era shows in the beginning. Start with Gundam Wing, Gundam X, or Gundam 00. Since the timelines are unrelated, you wont have problems picking everything up. Of these three IMHO Gundam 00 is the best.
But please, do watch Universal Century when you can. Since all the shows are self-contained (there is some gap between each series), you wont have trouble if you do not watch them all in chronological order. Case in point: my brother is watching Gundam Unicorn (and building a Perfect Grade Char's Zaku :))) and he hasn't watched gundam before that.

For Universal Century this is the order:

Mobile Suit Gundam
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ (pronounced Double Zeta)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
------------------------------------(Omit from this section if you want to)------------------------------------
Mobile Suit Gundam F90 (Manga)
Mobile Suit Gundam F91
Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam (Manga)
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are some OVAs, movies and many manga I've omitted because they aren't a part of the UC core IMO (but primarily because it would confuse you :p). But you should also check them out if you want to.

After Gundam Unicorn you don't have to watch everything else if you do not want to because while they're a part of the story, they're set at a much further distance. But do watch everything in the chronology (movies, OVAs and shows) and read the manga that are not repeats of the anime up to Gundam Unicorn at least.

@whitestar_999: How big is your collection in no. of Terabytes?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
my cousin has a 2tb hdd full of anime & ~50gb manga.we both share the same anime & manga list so whenever i wishes to watch some series or read some manga i simply copy it from his hdd & i also make changes to these lists to include any interesting anime & manga i find.i provide the know how of downloading & i can easily fill at least 1tb more of anime/manga if i want but i simply don't get the motivation to buy a hdd only to fill it knowing that i won't find time to read/watch for years to come.

debarshi

Otaku
my cousin has a 2tb hdd full of anime & ~50gb manga.we both share the same anime & manga list so whenever i wishes to watch some series or read some manga i simply copy it from his hdd & i also make changes to these lists to include any interesting anime & manga i find.i provide the know how of downloading & i can easily fill at least 1tb more of anime/manga if i want but i simply don't get the motivation to buy a hdd only to fill it knowing that i won't find time to read/watch for years to come.

Considering the fact that all the anime in my Hummingbird list in in my 500GB HDD, I can only imagine the stash of anime/manga you have :-o :cloud9: ..... But if I get the chance, I would like to give up downloading and buy the Blu-ray discs of the shows I like....

But here's a tip: Gundam is not made up of "seasons" so to speak. Yes in a single series there are usually 2 seasons in case of a ~50 episode show, but on the whole you do not, I repeat, DO NOT, need to watch everything.

Thanks a ton for just when I needed this :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
forget about buying blu-ray for anime shows in India except maybe for major shows like naruto,bleach & one piece.India is not a major market for anime so 99% of the anime series won't get licensed here not to mention that even in USA only ~20% of series from Japan gets licensed.if not for fansubbers most of the series will remain untranslated.btw enjoy your 500gb collection because you at least have the time to enjoy it unlike me.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Considering the fact that all the anime in my Hummingbird list in in my 500GB HDD, I can only imagine the stash of anime/manga you have :-o :cloud9: ..... But if I get the chance, I would like to give up downloading and buy the Blu-ray discs of the shows I like....

Thanks a ton for just when I needed this :)

Hey no problem ;)

Just pick an independent series and off you go! Tell me which timeline you choose to begin with, and I'll get you going :)

forget about buying blu-ray for anime shows in India except maybe for major shows like naruto,bleach & one piece.India is not a major market for anime so 99% of the anime series won't get licensed here not to mention that even in USA only ~20% of series from Japan gets licensed.if not for fansubbers most of the series will remain untranslated.btw enjoy your 500gb collection because you at least have the time to enjoy it unlike me.

True, but India is hardly a market for anime, let alone minor market :lol:

Perhaps you could import from online websites :)

@Whitestar: How do you have ~700 different shows in 2TB? Is almost of your stuff 480p/576p? I just calculated my collection:

1.03TiB (Tebibytes) of shows
36.3GiB (Gibibytes) of movies
60.7GiB (Gibibytes) of music
846MiB (Mebibytes) of manga :)oops:)

And I'm not even more than 160 different shows.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
^Your mentioning of GiB instead of GB made me just feel niravana now. TY :)

Lol no worries :p

Remember this: Windows may be wrong, but I won't :))

EDIT: Relating to that, is it possible to fix this discrepancy in windows? (either write TiB instead of TB or show the (X)[sub]10[/sub] TB value instead of (X)[sub]2[/sub])

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Extreme Gamer,i don't have all 700 series in 2TB but ~350 & i only download 720p blu-ray rip or dvdrip(both with fansub subs muxed in) unless there is none like for older series or where official dvd translation is nowhere near fansub translation which is true for majority of cases.the list is for reference purposes & if i feel like it i download some series from it.saves me the time to go through various anime recommendations again as i simply search a series in my list first & i only add a series if it is not there.same for manga list.the ironic thing is that i mostly used premium download tricks without paying anything :D for ~85% of this collection & used torrents only for ~15%.even now i can download 1-2TB of anime(from my list) easily using premium download without paying anything but as i said before i simply have no more motivation(& hdd).

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
If it would have been that easy, then why there isn't any third party solution yet ?

Probably has something to do with inaccessible core files.

@Extreme Gamer,i don't have all 700 series in 2TB but ~350 & i only download 720p blu-ray rip or dvdrip(both with fansub subs muxed in) unless there is none like for older series or where official dvd translation is nowhere near fansub translation which is true for majority of cases.the list is for reference purposes & if i feel like it i download some series from it.saves me the time to go through various anime recommendations again as i simply search a series in my list first & i only add a series if it is not there.same for manga list.the ironic thing is that i mostly used premium download tricks without paying anything :D for ~85% of this collection & used torrents only for ~15%.even now i can download 1-2TB of anime(from my list) easily using premium download without paying anything but as i said before i simply have no more motivation(& hdd).

Okay, that makes sense. But do tell me your "trick".

Top Bottom