Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I was, but it turned out to be cr@p compared to the original avatar.

:lol:
Of course?

Nothing can be compared to the original Avatar! :rofl:

I am just expecting it to justice with the original since it's been written by the same writers of that of Avatar, for tighter storyline.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ Korra is too hippie, avatar is supposed to be a cool and calm person, not a raging teen girl on steroids, bet she's a twilight fan(if possible), her attitude sucks, I stopped downloading them after 3/4 episodes.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i don't get much time to watch anime & only watched major series like naruto,bleach,deathnote,dbz etc but my friend has a huge collection of anime(~1200gb1600gb :D & growing) so whenever i get the time i simply take a series from him :)

edit:forgot about his older avi/rm/dub collection.he is collecting anime since 2005.

Last edited:

6Diablo9

How to change user title?
My favorites are
Death Note
Elfen Lied
Great teacher Onizuka(GTO)
Hajime no Ippo (Fighting Spirit)
FMA: Brotherhood

I'm not much of a fan of Cartoons, I like to watch something which has a good plot. I watch most of Animes in Subbed, I kinda feel weird that Japanese Anime characters talk in American english.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Korra is too hippie, avatar is supposed to be a cool and calm person, not a raging teen girl on steroids, bet she's a twilight fan(if possible), her attitude sucks, I stopped downloading them after 3/4 episodes.

Well, in that case they have screwed up the anime. Anyway, I shouldn't judge without watching it.
Maybe later in the series she gets transformed or something. ;)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I watch most of Animes in Subbed, I kinda feel weird that Japanese Anime characters talk in American english.

:lol:
I too prefer to watch any foreign shows subbed. But in case of "Get Backers", I had to watch it dubbed because sometimes reading subtitles leads to missing a lot of on screen action. :p

nims11

BIOS Terminator
I watch most of Animes in Subbed, I kinda feel weird that Japanese Anime characters talk in American english.

me too. i find english dubbed animes quite lame and frustrating. Also, i feel the subbed anime does a better job in conveying emotions of the character.

Lost-One

Lost In Myself
hello everyone,

there is a series of anime about football and its a really good one and their theme song is in Japanese but man its awesome as in raging spirit of people who play football..its in Japanese but its subbed and really good ..its Hungry Heart- Wild Striker ..its only of 52 episodes so it wont take long for u to watch it all.its kind of funny story too cuz there are scenes in it which are really funny..i hope u guys wud like it..

Piyush

Lanaya
Anyone watched Captain Tsubasa ?

on the list.
Is it good enough ?

me too. i find english dubbed animes quite lame and frustrating. Also, i feel the subbed anime does a better job in conveying emotions of the character.

exactly.
for example:
Amano Ginji in get backers was funny (in Jap audio+ Eng sub)
but in Eng dub version, all that fun factor was lost

6Diablo9

How to change user title?
on the list.
exactly.
for example:

You should watch watch Dragonball (Uncensored) Dub and Sub, Dub comes nowhere near the subbed one, I had started watching it Dubbed, but I thought at many places the dialogues and actions didn't make any sense. So I started watching it again from the beginning(subbed) and it all made sense, it was almost like I was watching some different anime. I had given it a rating of 6 earlier but afterwards I gave it a 9 on myanimelist website.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Man! Don't make me watch the first part of the series again with the subtitles!
Btw.. I did enjoyed Get Backers watching it dubbed. :)

What happened was I watched first few episodes dubbed, because I felt I will miss action scenes if my focus were to read subtitles. Later when I tried subbed, I was already fond of their voices in English. :(

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
Man! Don't make me watch the first part of the series again with the subtitles!
Btw.. I did enjoyed Get Backers watching it dubbed. :)

What happened was I watched first few episodes dubbed, because I felt I will miss action scenes if my focus were to read subtitles. Later when I tried subbed, I was already fond of their voices in English. :(

Its OK if you are now used to their dubbed voice
I actually started with Jap audio + subs, thats why

Lost-One

Lost In Myself
hey by any chance is there a site or torrent where i can download dbz in hind..
i have it in eng dub...but wanted too watch it in hindi an as u may already know cartoon network stopped showing dbz...i have search for it but couldn't find it....btw how was the anime hungry hearts-wild striker.....

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
hmm liked death note the best so far, is there anything exactly like that?
anime, manga, even the live action movie... all good

NOiSE is short and sweet, art intensive, mango try it out

Soumik

Padawan
Okay... here are my list :
Anime Series in order of preference :
Death Note
Naruto Shippuden - minus the fillers
Naruto - till Sasuke joins Orochimaru
Bleach - slides down only cause of too many side stories with no importance
Get Backers - Oh I wish they would complete the full story some day!!!
Inu Yasha - kinda cheesy.. but loved it :)
Kenshin
Flame of Recca

Waiting in line which might go up in list : Full Metal Alchemist and Brotherhood. :)

Fav Cartoons :
Dexter's Lab
Tom and Jerry :p
Some bunch of mecha series that used to come in Cartoon Network around 15 yrs ago. :D

Fav anime movies :
Ninja Scroll
Ghosts in the Shell
GitS: Innocence
Animatrix

Animated movies:
Up
Wall-E
Despicable Me
How to train your dragon
Ice Age
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children
Final Fantasy The Spirits Within
Spirit

Special Mention :
Love to watch DMC series and Hellsing Ultimate OVA (Cant wait for the final episode :D) for the over stylized action. Though wish DMC anime was close to the game series for its coolness!!!

Top Bottom