Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Re: Anime Discussion thread

thnxx for starting this i am a huge anime geek!! as my avatar suggest .....watched all the popular anime series..
bleach,dbz,naruto,one piece,fairy tail etc etc list goes on nd on!

ydalmia

Broken In

The only running anime's I watch and love currently are One Piece and Beelzebub. NAruto has kinda gone down the tube for me and the less said about bleach the better. Kubo should have ended the manga after the Soul society arc as he had envisioned.

I am more of a manga person anyway, would love to give and take some good recommendations for those!

mitraark

Decrepit

#1 Naruto
#2 Dragonball Z
#3 Rurouni Kenshin
#4 Hungry Heart

This is not the best Anime i've watched/ These are the most "inspiring" Anime i've watched.

Naruto , Goku , Kenshin , Kanou Kyosuke.

Piyush

Lanaya

Animes completed

-->Get Backers 9.5/10
-->Bleach 9/10
-->Cowboy Bebop 10/10
-->DB, DBZ, DB-GT 8.5/10

Currently on the go

-->Steins gate
-->Fate/Stay Night
-->Death Note

nims11

BIOS Terminator

Currently on the go

-->Steins gate
-->Fate/Stay Night
-->Death Note

what a coincidence! i am also currently watching Steins;gate (9 episodes till now). Have a lots expectations from this one.

RBX

In the zone

Been watching whatever Animax had to offer (Inu Yasha, Fullmetal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusho, Ghost in a Shell, Get Backers, Captain Tsubasa, Hungry Heart, and almost everything when I as in school) for a long time, but it's no more on TataSky now :(

So what I currently watch is Bleach, started season 8 yesterday, it's become quite confusing - can't distinguish fillers from the story part anymore.

Edit:
Is Death Note good ? I see the series has only 37 episodes despite much manga has been written.

sameer.pur

The Chosen One

I love One Piece most and has been following it since it aired on CN back in 2003-2004 I think. :)

Also I generally follow manga for it, so sometimes I decides to skip filler episodes. Like the recent one which was a Toriko cross-over.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD

Been out of touch with anime's for the last 6 months or so,but watched a lot before that:-

1.)Death Note => Till now nothing topped this one for me.
2.) Aoi bungaku => Great if you are into the mindf**k stuff. top class.
3.)Ergo Proxy=> Epic
4.)Bleach/Naruto=> Great action anime with epic amounts of adrenaline surge, However do not expect much character development.
5.)Monster=> My favourite anime after death note. The character development and storyline is immense. The ending was a bit of a letdown though. But still 9/10
6.)Code geass=> close contender to death note
7.) Code geass R2=> Equally good as its prequel
8.)Higurashi When they cry=> The first and the last story arcs of this series are awesome. The 2/3 arcs in between are average.
9.)Cowboy bebop=> I never really liked the animation used in the series but in terms of storyline and epicness this gets a 9/10
10.) Fullmetal alchemist=> Epic
11.)Fullmetal alchemist:Brotherhood=> Epicer.(Though how the character of lust was degraded.FMA lust was epicer imo)
12.)Elfen lied=> Gore galore
14.) Gantz=> Loads of nudity/gore/sex in this one.
15.)Texhnolyze=> Gore again,but loved the concept.
16.)Darker than black=> I personally loved this series.but again the ending was a bit of a letdown.
15) One piece=> Helluva show! If you can live with the goofy character sketches this is epic.

Apart from these had seen lots of other anime's as well but can't think of anything at the moment. will keep posting upon recollection :D

BTW few epic anime movies:-

5 centimeters per second(must watch), perfect blue(black swan was inspired by this),paprika(by satoshi kun). |m|

nims11

BIOS Terminator
^^ My internet connection at home is quite terrible and i already had clannad-anime. Will try the visual novel when college reopens.

anyways, rating

Clannad (22+2 episodes) 7.5/10
(quite low rating maybe because few mid-episodes i had were english dubbed and were lame. But nevertheless, it is a great anime and even if you dislike it, you won't regret watching it after you watch Clannad After Story)

Clannad After Story (22+3 episodes) 9.5/10
(An anime which ended up influencing me the most till date.)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Everyone:

Avatar's The Last Airbender's spin off started from April 14, 2012! Is anyone excited? :shock:

*images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120505230719/avatar/images/2/2f/The_Legend_of_Korra_opening_logo.png

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4b/Avatar-legend-of-korra.png

The Legend of Korra is an American television series set in the Avatar universe as a spin-off of Avatar: The Last Airbender. The premiere aired on Nickelodeon on April 14, 2012; however, the first two episodes premiered online on March 24–25, 2012 and were available in high-definition for free of charge on iTunes. The series is currently under production and is expected to run for two seasons and a total of twenty-six episodes, with options for more. The co-creators of the original series, Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko, will personally write all of the episodes to allow for a tighter storyline.

The new series takes place seventy years after the end of the Avatar: The Last Airbender story arc with new characters and settings. The protagonist of the new series, Korra, the Avatar after Aang, is a hot-headed and rebellious young woman from the Southern Water Tribe who is "ready to take on the world". The series will follow Korra as she faces an anti-bender revolt while mastering the art of airbending from Aang and Katara's son, Tenzin.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Everyone:

Avatar's The Last Airbender's spin off started from April 14, 2012! Is anyone excited? :shock:

*images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120505230719/avatar/images/2/2f/The_Legend_of_Korra_opening_logo.png

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4b/Avatar-legend-of-korra.png
I was, but it turned out to be cr@p compared to the original avatar.

Top Bottom