Android Device for 25k

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssb1551

Technomancer
@ sygeek - Buddy it wasn't just a post!! Had it been that he wouldn't have got on so many people's nerves!! Almost every other thread he is suggesting HTC this, HTC that in all the price ranges...and he is not even ready to admit the facts even after repetitive posts by many of us..I'm ok with him being obstinate but even after that he still comes up with ridiculous posts..and don't think I'm talking about this particular thread..I'm talking about in general!!

As far as the better one between I:S & N:S goes - both have their pros & cons & no one exactly trounces the other BUT the biggest factor going for N:S would be the pricing!! Heck for 5k less than I:S its one heck of a phone!!

Nice bond!!I think there was one member who was really irritated by aroraanant & his post was really offensive(only to aro, I thoroughly enjoyed it)) but you decided to pawn aroraan in a civil manner!!

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@ssb1551 I am getting really tired trying to explain to these two. These guys seem to pick some random reviews and base their facts on them, without giving a thought to which is better in the long run. I think I need to call Kalpik and Sunny chahal for help to use the 'right' kind of words :D

Nice bond!!I think there was one member who was really irritated by aroraanant & his post was really offensive(only to aro, I thoroughly enjoyed it)) but you decided to pawn aroraan in a civil manner!!

that is one side effect of being a moderator. can't use strong language. :D

sujoyp

Grand Master
@desibond....I still remember ur big & long discussion Nokia vs SE with Dreamcatcher ....Now it seems things have changed...but fanboys always remain the same :D

sygeek

Technomancer
ROFLMAO. seriously? More RAM for more graphical processing power. Bravo. claps!
Technically, that is not true, but practically it does make a little sense. Neither is it a baseless sentence, I've read tonnes of review and I'm sure I took this off from one of them, Oh wait, roflmfao?

Do you know why internal storage is preferred by many?
I know and that's why the sentence is carefully phrased with words like.."which can".

what is radio to do with display? FYI, the FM radio can be activated after rooting and/or by loading custom ROM. It's just that it is deactivated.
Why? Why would a user want to root N:S when he preferred true "google" experience at the first place?

And by a simple root, I can open the pandoras box on N:S.
A simple root N:S is basically pointless, if someone bought it for the purpose of pure android experience at the first place.

atlast, one valid point.
at last you agreed somewhere.

and do you now how many apps and what all accessories can be purchase for that 4k?
:| And do you know how much accessories can be purchased if I bought motorola defy. That's the most stupidest argument I've ever heard.

ROFLMAO. again, baseless point. Google talk on 2.3.4 version of android supports video calling. OOOH. I:S hasn't got the update yet. Hmmm.
Again, I've carefully read tonnes of site and none of these points are baseless. Okay, let's see where I got this from..hmm?

wrooooong. N:S already moved to 2.3.4 (though it's not major, this is just an indication of updates. And btw, I:S got 2.3.3 MONTHS after N:S got the same.
That's why I quoted 2.3, please read the sentence carefully. Oh, maybe you skipped that I:S is already v2.4 which has major features.

what kind of reason is this?
Uh..That's a point, not a reason again taken after reading various reviews.

like I said many time sin the past, vanilla android its more of flexibility than disappointment.
"What kind of reason is this?"

Only if anyone gives a sh1t for flexibility, an average user generally bothers with just UI instead of customizing it to one's need. I:S comes with that experience hands-on, N:S, well you need to customize it to hours to reach the preferred UI. UI IS A MAJOR FEATURE OF ANY PHONE and a preferable one should be available hands on. Customizing, well, none of the average user gives a single sh1te for that.

hmm. Did you check for the bugs after 2.3.4? coming to the phone heating up, how may and it is an issue in the first place? my n900 gets hot, x10 gets hot, legend used to burn, X7 gets hot. These are smartphones with powerful processors and they do not have any kind of cooling mechanism. slight heat shouldn't matter much.
That's not necessarily a bad thing :|

again, win where? You still have not proved anything other than camera.
Again, I can not prove anything to a HTC hateboy with a closed-mindset, I'm sorry but I don't even think it's worth explaining. Did you even bother to give I:S a fair trial.

am still ROFLMAOing at your GPU/RAM and frongcam points!
Read both of these reviews carefully, that's where I took those 2 points from..but, wait, you're more capable and smarter than them. You didn't even give I:S a fair try, and basing your opinions on previous terrible experience with HTC Legend. lol?

flawless google experience: again, read my posts again. not effected by bugs due to these UI overlays, fixes to critical bugs applied ahead of others, no bloatcare that will come in the way, no conflicts between the apps of your choice and the preloaded bloatware apps
:lol: ROFL! You mean flawless android experience..

gaming: better GPU, slightly better CPU, gyroscope, faster NAND internal user memory makes loading of games faster
PS: oh yes, he did get pawned. else why will he start with "N:S does not even compare to I:S", then to "I don't think N"S is better than I:S", then to "I will not agree that I:S is better than N:S" and finally is doing +1s to your posts :D
:facepalm: That's his personal preference just like (fanboi) Samsung phones are yours. Of course no one gives a dipshite to what you say on the internet. Neither are you ready to agree that I:S > N:S. Isn't that arrogant Samsung fanboism (HTC hateboism)?

Both of us, recommended the OP I:S instead of N:S. But, wait, that was too outrageous for you (true) Samsung fanbois. That's when you guys got offended, showing true signs of Samsung fanboism and HTC hateboism, instead of respecting others opinion. Sorry, but I have to say, that is true arrogance, you went on to start a flamewar with "OOH SOME 1 IJ WRONGZ ON TEH INTERNET NO NO NON".

@OP: Top 10 Android phones in India - Thinkdigit

Last edited:

guru_urug

iGoogle
With all due respect,pls stop this guys...we are deviating from the topic here. And you guys are giving a very bad name to tdf. U can continue in pms or debate in a separate thread. But if an OP has started a thread to spend his hard-earned money on a phone lets just give our opinions and let the op decide then. this mud-slingiing has taken 2 pages when 2 posts wud have been enuf. :x

"MY OPINION" is that op should go to a store and try out both the nexus S and the incredible S. Everybody has different tastes and requirements. Some like vanilla some like htc sense. Also nexus S has no FM(some ppl find that a requirement). If I had 25k wud get the LG optimus 2x and mod it to pure awesomeness. Becoz thts the way I like it! I like to work and tweak and satisfy myself with what i am doing...makes me feel in control of my phone.

sygeek

Technomancer
"MY OPINION" is that op should go to a store and try out both the nexus S and the incredible S. Everybody has different tastes and requirements. Some like vanilla some like htc sense. Also nexus S has no FM(some ppl find that a requirement). If I had 25k wud get the LG optimus 2x and mod it to pure awesomeness. Becoz thts the way I like it! I like to work and tweak and satisfy myself with what i am doing...makes me feel in control of my phone.
Shouldn't have said that, people are not going to quote you a LG fanboy and start a flamewar.

Anyway, that pretty much sums it all for the OP,
  • HTC Incredible S [24.3K]
  • Nexus S [20K] (Out of stock on letsbuy and flipkart)
  • LG Optimus 2x [25.5K]
  • HTC Sensation [29.8K]
@OP: If buying from Letsbuy, please use this coupon code "ICICILB", to get a discount of 1.2K.

Last edited:

guru_urug

iGoogle
Shouldn't have said that, people are not going to quote you a LG fanboy and start a flamewar.

Anyway, that pretty much sums it all for the OP,
  • HTC Incredible S [24.3K]
  • Nexus S [20K] (Out of stock on letsbuy and flipkart)
  • LG Optimus 2x [25.5K]
  • HTC Sensation [29.8K]
@OP: If buying from Letsbuy, please use this coupon code "ICICILB", to get a discount of 1.2K.

Im sorry....Is this a who's a fanboy thread?
Like I said, its an opinion. If ive helped the OP decide then Ive done my part. Im outta here.

Final verdict: (not in order of preference)
nexus s: if update matter the most and ok with vanilla os, no FM
htc incredible s: if big screen,better camera and htc sense is an attraction
lg optimus 2x: if u are into tweaking and custom roms. excellent gaming capabilties

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@desibond, i think better to move these posts to fight club & continue there. everytime i open this thread. i see the same baseless argument about A vs B.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
:| And do you know how much accessories can be purchased if I bought motorola defy. That's the most stupidest argument I've ever heard.
Please realize this is all about hitting the price sweet point right. Nexus S hits it right at ~19k whereas Incredible S isn't hitting it completely right at ~24.3k. The only better thing it has is the camera which is of no use if you aren't going to use it.

I'd simply tell the OP to shell out 5k more to get SGSII even if he can't afford to. That will end this debate for once and for all.

sygeek

Technomancer
Please realize this is all about hitting the price sweet point right. Nexus S hits it right at ~19k whereas Incredible S isn't hitting it completely right at ~24.3k. The only better thing it has is the camera which is of no use if you aren't going to use it.

I'd simply tell the OP to shell out 5k more to get SGSII even if he can't afford to. That will end this debate for once and for all.
Let the @OP decide what's good/bad. Even I would've recommended him the same, but he has a strict 25K budget, which perfectly fits for Incredible S.

There's Nexus S too with total VFM, but if the OP's readily shelling out 25K why bother about price factor, and just suggest him Incredible S.

Although I'm not saying that he can't go below his budget and buy Nexus S, if he likes it, he certainly can. But, these guys just couldn't control it and went all over this thread.

Instead of going with, you put your opinion, I will put mine and the OP will decide which opinion drives his decision better. These guys were, You're wrong, I'm right, stop suggesting him wrong stuff you fanboy, OP don't listen to him, buy what I'm saying cause I'm Mr. Right.

Just respect each other's decision and let the OP decide what's better for him, that's all I'm asking.
I've laid out those suggestions (according to his budget) collectively above, now the OP just needs to go through each of them and choose which one is right for his personal preference.

Last edited:

Sarath

iDota

I say save up for SGS2 too. And while you are saving up the price is most likely to come down once sales start picking up.

My arc went down from 32k to 28k in 2weeks since I bought it.

Buy Samsung Galaxy SII at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
If I had 25k wud get the LG optimus 2x and mod it to pure awesomeness. Becoz thts the way I like it! I like to work and tweak and satisfy myself with what i am doing...makes me feel in control of my phone.

Totally agree with you. at 25k budget, if the OP is ready to load custom ROMs etc, O:2x will rock. Dual Core gives extra boost, Tegra 2 gives access to Tegra Zone, Nova display gives superb quality, good camera. Totally justifies the price tag.

Circular discussions again. :|

you must not use the N word here. :D

s_holmes

Broken In
What I am not able to understand is why is there such a huge difference in the MRP and the actual sale price for Nexus S. The MRP on Samsung site is Rs. 27,438 and the online retail price is around 19.9 K (18.9K in Letsbuy after discount). So that is around 8 - 9 K difference between the prices.

For any other phone the difference will be max of 2-3 K.

tousif

Journeyman
@desiibond
i will be buying an andoid phone and use it for minimum two years...coz my parents wont allow me till then..
from ur prev posts in this thread i find myself in love wid nexus s....and strted slightly disliking htc..

so is nexus s is the best option for that??? will it b future proof atleast for two yrs.. or i shud go for lg o2x..but m not upto d rooting mechanism only if strictly required..
i lpve a bit of gaming too..but m not a hardcore gamer.
budget is 20k but can thnk to stretch it for o2x if its worth it..

Last edited:

sygeek

Technomancer
@desiibond
i will be buying an andoid phone and use it for minimum two years...coz my parents wont allow me till then..
from ur prev posts in this thread i find myself in love wid nexus s....and strted slightly disliking htc..

so is nexus s is the best option for that??? will it b future proof atleast for two yrs.. or i shud go for lg o2x..but m not upto d rooting mechanism only if strictly required..
Just try a demo both of these phones in a shop or something, if the extra bucks for Optimus2x feel worthy to you, then go for it or you may as well want to stay in your budget and buy nexus s, a stock android phone. It varies with your personal preference.

I'd say instead of depending on these reviews, you should try HTC I:S too, you might as well like HTC's Sense UI.

There's another option, if you're willing to extend your budget by 5k, just try a little hard and add 3.5k to the equation and you get the glorious SGSII, the best of all the smartphones (yet). It will be definitely worth it!

For casual gaming, you'll be fine with any of the above phones though I will recommend O2X and SGSII here.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@desiibond

LG O:2X is a very powerful device but to unlock its full potential, you must install custom ROM(s) till LG brings out the updates. Yes, it is worth paying 25k for this phone and it will be a very good learning experience for you. On the other hand, if you want to do minimum amount of playing with ROMs etc, nothing beats N:S and it will keep geting updates for next or 1.5 yrs atleast and when the official updates stop after that, you can swtich to custom ROMs.

and btw, it's not that I dislike HTC. I like their phones a lot but due to the pricing, their phones are second to some other device at all price points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom