And the Best Handset Award goes to..

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Mobile World Congress has its annual Global Mobile Awards

Clearly it was the strongest contender for the award and it has won !!
The Winner has been announced and the winner is !!

*i.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/07/06/se-k850/gsmarena_010.jpg

Sony Ericsson W910

Source 1
Source 2

The Super Sexy w910 deserves the award !!

Official Website
*www.globalmobileawards.com/

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
nice choice...

prev year k800/k890 won award.. this year w...
good going SE...

i thought k850 will win .. except its not just stable....

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Actually I don't think the w910i deserved it. The N95 8 gig is waaay better and even the k850i pwns it by a mile.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Hmmm. Whats wrong with everyone this year? First the iPhone gets the invention of the year award. Now W910i gets the best handset award. IMO LG Viewty which was also a contender was a far worthy winner than W910i.

BTW ring_wraith, I don't think they consider smartphones for this award. So N95 8gb doesn't come into the picture.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Hmmm. Whats wrong with everyone this year? First the iPhone gets the invention of the year award. Now W910i gets the best handset award. IMO LG Viewty which was also a contender was a far worthy winner than W910i.

BTW ring_wraith, I don't think they consider smartphones for this award. So N95 8gb doesn't come into the picture.

Then why not the k850i? I'm sure we all agree that was a major step for mobiles. The w910i was just a walkman phone that had a slider design and a useless novelty a.k.a. shake control.

And the whole concept of a smart phone is lost on me. What is it really that a smart phone does that any other phone can't ?

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ Smart things. :D
BTW even the shake control wasn't very new.w580i had it already when the w910 was released.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
aah well..it had walkman 3...accelerometer..sense me and lotsa things tht made it a delight...it was one to flaunt..light yet heavy on duties...

worth the buck all right

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
ring_wraith smartphones are like pc. You can install softwares on them. This increases their functionality to a much higher level than standard phones. Plus one can multitask with them i.e. run multiple applications at a time.

As for W910i its not at all value for money. Features like Shake control and Sense Me are gimmicks and something that'll see very less use in practice and only good for advertising. W580i has nearly the same features but costs much less.

As for why K850i wasn't included, I have no idea. Indeed it deserved the award more than W910i.

praka123

left this forum longback
Isnt it too much time that n95 is staying as so called "best" phone?some better models dikhao SE,LG?

Tanmay

Journeyman
What the masa ! iPhone totally deserved it !

Edit : Oh well guess iPhone didnt get it cause of Apples stupid decision to keep it locked :|

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
I guess Apple's "funds" didn't make it to the "Mobile World Congress" while SE is hand's full with euros flowing everywhere!

" Why not spend it on an better OS u re&#$*! "

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
ring_wraith smartphones are like pc. You can install softwares on them. This increases their functionality to a much higher level than standard phones. Plus one can multitask with them i.e. run multiple applications at a time.

But you CAN install software on just about any phone, including the w910i. Agreed you can't multi-task, but one little seldomly used feature is barely a reason to create a new league of phones, don't you think?

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Being a SE fanboy, I'm quite happy.
But I really dont think it deserved.............but nor does Apple iPhone......hell, its not a perfect world afterall..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom