AMD Phenom 2 955 BE PROBLEM.. HELP!

napster007

Padawan
Hi,

I am running the stated CPU with its stock cooler. Recently i have been experiencing some weird problems which i'm not able to figure out why. When ever i run an intensive software and my CPU reaches 100% like in video conversion, after a few minutes, the computer automatically turns off!! and i have to reboot it. this happens every time my CPU reaches 100%.

I have had some power problems from my smps before and am running on a local 450w as of now.

Please help me out with this matter....

Thank you.

Post your full config please. You should consider upgrading your SMPS to a FSP Saga II 500W atleast. Also see if the HSF is in proper contact with the CPU.

OP
napster007

napster007

Padawan
im running on msi 890 gxm-g65, 6GB DDR3, 1TB segate and nvidia gt 220. Is it a power problem or heat sink? or both?

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
download hwinfo program and run it.it will show cpu temperatures.make your processor to run at full speed and immediately take a screen shot of hwinfo and post it here.

OP
napster007

napster007

Padawan
i use azerus vuze to convert videos for my PSP... and every time i do so, after about 10% conversion... boom... it shuts off...

ok i shall download hwinfo and post a screen shot

Mr.V

Journeyman
smells like a power problem to me...most local PSU's say as 450 but never give above 250.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ napster007 - try increasing mem module voltage from bios setting but to run a cpu like Phenom II 955BE you should have a good and branded 400W PSU and also post the HWinfo/HWmonitor pic.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Ah you are having the exact problem that I had. I have an x3 435 as you can see from my sig. It used to shut down while doing intensive tasks. It was happening because of overheating. My cpu reached 80 degrees and then shut off each time.
Use coolermaster thermal fusion 400(thermal paste) on the cpu. It may cost 500 bucks for a tube of paste but it gives you peace of mind. Now my cpu's temps hardly cross 60 degrees even on load. That is one epic win thermal paste.

Top Bottom