AMD HD 6950 and 6970 released

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

yup all 6950 can become 6970 by flashing bios ,they are unlockable.dual bios ftw

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ clear_lot - great news buddy!

so fater offering unlockable cpus amd is offering unlockable gpus as well and with a backup bios the procedure can be tested even by the less experienced users.

wow ! now this is what I say absolute value for money. Kudos to the guy who have put some great effort for this hack work.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
So now AMD is actually offering great value in gpu department as well - with this hack we will be able to save 5k and will get a less power consumption with same performance level as a added bonus :

*tpucdn.com/articles/159/images/power.jpg

clear_lot

Journeyman

wow ! now this is what I say absolute value for money. Kudos to the guy who have put some great effort for this hack work.

as i said
the admin wizzard there is really a wizard. and hes completely reputable.
:clap2::clap2: :worship:

mohiuddin

Journeyman
Can you justify the statement in bold? I don't see the 6970 to be a clear winner at all. If 6950 can be overclocked, so can the 570 which will blow the pants out of 6950.

The gtx 570 is priced perfectly for the perfomance it delivers and if price will be reduced, then we can get an even sweeter deal.

@ asingh

Buddy i meant that mutiple gpu's can better utilize a large framebuffer when rendering in real time (read procedural rendering) than a single one (though from the same family or generation of gpu's).

For example 2 6950's in cf will take the advantage og 2gb vram than a single 6950. Same goes for a single gtx 570 with 1.25gb and two 570's in sli which utilize the same amount of vram as in a single board. But i think 570 would have scaled or performed much better with more framebuffer , lets say somethin equivalent to the caymans.

yea, 6970 is a clear winner.forget about fps above 50...will u play with >16k gpu at 1600x1080 with no aa? above 1900x1080 and in 8xaa who is a winner (clear) ?please, don't consider those biased games and some bugs with badcompany2 aa in 69xx.coz those will be fixed with driverupdate soon. I didn't say 570gtx can't be overclocked.i just wanted to make it clear that 'only 70mhz oc can kick 570gtx stock!'

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
yea, 6970 is a clear winner.forget about fps above 50...will u play with >16k gpu at 1600x1080 with no aa? above 1900x1080 and in 8xaa who is a winner (clear) ?please, don't consider those biased games and some bugs with badcompany2 aa in 69xx.coz those will be fixed with driverupdate soon. I didn't say 570gtx can't be overclocked.i just wanted to make it clear that 'only 70mhz oc can kick 570gtx stock!'

First of all , learn to post properly and then talk.You need some serious lessons. Now you have to justify all your above statements(lol). Gtx 570 if overclocked to 50mhz can kick 6970 oc'ed to 70 mhz. Those biased games you are talking about are the future and all upcoming ones will be biased too( lol). Drivers will be updated in both the camps. 6970 is crap and not worth the money.

For 6970 vs gtx 570 check this , this & this. Check them at 1900x1200. DON'T ARGUE ANYMORE ON THIS TOPIC CAUSE ITS POINTLESS.

6950 seems to be the sweet spot now since it can be unlocked to 6970 (read the above posts is case you are unaware). Really a great buy for its lower price than 6970. 6970 will be history.

Is 6950 worth the dough if I can unlock it to 6970 ?

Yes buddy, its worth the dough.

Last edited:

mohiuddin

Journeyman
^what do u mean by 'post properly'?did i said 6970 is a good buy or something like that?dude, u given result metro in aaa and lost planet2(lol), and badcompany 2 with 8xaa!!then, i will ask u to see justcause2 results. In lostplanet2 , 6970 is behind 470gtx. Now, u may say that 'hmmm...it is coz of tesselation'. Then what will u tell about unigineheaven results? Don't be insane, talking about future games like that. It seems that u r totally blind-fan of green team.again, see guru3d reviews.yea, it is pointless arguing with a blind-minded person.:)

Gtx 570 if overclocked to 50mhz can kick 6970 oc'ed to 70 mhz.

clarify this.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
HD 6970 = GTX 570. Same price here and same performance. But I'll go for the GTX 570.

mohiuddin

Journeyman
How could u be so confident? from benchsites?they look much different from eachother.but, i sum up that in high resolution and high image quality 6970 is superior.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
How could u be so confident? from benchsites?they look much different from eachother.but, i sum up that in high resolution and high image quality 6970 is superior.
so, you have a 2560x1600 monitor??

Half games show GTX 570 leading and half show HD 6970 leading. :| And then results on different websites always varying slightly. They are more or less equal. Image quality?? I bet you can hardly differentiate those minor things with your naked eye (if they even exist).

mohiuddin

Journeyman
Am i going to buy a 6970 or 570?!

I summed up means, after watching those benches in the internet.
I was not talking about what a game look like in different image settings..a person buying 6970 or 570 will surly wanna play in high res ,aa and quality.in highest image quality it looks different.why u couldn't find i don't know,but people found.it is not much different, but still different.anyone buying over 16k sh*t will sure want the highestquality for sure...isn't it?:)

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
I agree with ico. 570=6970.

I would just get 6950 and unlock it to 6970 or buy 570 if I want CUDA.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
why u couldn't find i don't know,but people found.it is not much different, but still different.anyone buying over 16k sh*t will sure want the highestquality for sure...isn't it?:)
well, I'm someone who believes in real world things and doesn't get much influenced by what these companies say. nVidia made a claim of superior image quality saying that AMD has done tweaks in their driver. It didn't even matter to me, know why?

*img52.imageshack.us/img52/2161/65301431.th.jpg

*img714.imageshack.us/img714/53/76505020.th.jpg

Try finding a difference. :)

(what I'm doing might be controversial :oops:)

mohiuddin

Journeyman
Can u remember the crap things done by nvidia with their double cone anisotropic filtering, making image quality totally trash with their ~190 drivers?amd also did like this,but slightly noticable. @Ico, i meant the in game image settings...it matters to me(and also some other peoples).

Yea, considering 6950, both r crap 6970 and 570.and 560 also gonna get ars-kick hard...but, for how long?!only these few new cards r of that catagory.

Top Bottom