AMD FX-6300 and FX-4300 now available !

AMD should launch FX 6300 in India

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CarlonSamuels

Journeyman
hmm now that its availible i want to ask wat would be or whether it will be good upgrade from phenom ii 970 to fx 6300 or fx 8320

ASHISH65

Technomancer
fx 8320,but still not a big upgrade.I suggest wait for stremroller

- Gaming CPU Hierarchy Chart - Best Gaming CPUs For The Money: May 2013

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Better wait for Steamroller as Vishera doesnt offer much improvement in games over Deneb ;)

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Even if it will be AM4 it will be backwards compatible with AM3+ sockets just like AM3+ is backward compatible with AM3 and AM3 with AM2+ ;)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
SteamRoller most probably will have Am3+ socket for FX series ( non apu ) but excavator may introduce a whole new socket type and if it's AM4 then I don't think it's going to compatible .. anyway, both seems to be a long wait from now so apart from gaming for cpu intensive tasks mostly FX-8350 / FX-8320 is a nice upgrade from PII 970.

OP
Cilus

Cilus

laborare est orare
I don't get your point. Any of the AM3+ Motherboards (970, 990X, 990FX) don't have any IGP and the FX processors also don't have IGP unlike the Intel Core series processors.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
AnandTech | The Vishera Review: AMD FX-8350, FX-8320, FX-6300 and FX-4300 Tested

The gaming performance of the Vishera processors :)

kartikoli

Busy!!
I don't get your point. Any of the AM3+ Motherboards (970, 990X, 990FX) don't have any IGP and the FX processors also don't have IGP unlike the Intel Core series processors.

Actually i wanted to say that its been around a while that we have not seen improvement in IGP for boards say (785 , 880 chipset) are they only focusing on trinity etc..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think any future AMD mobo chip will javge any kind of IGP and also for AM3+ and future cpu platforms may remain like this only exception is the APU which is targeted more to the HTPC market rather unlike desktop FX series cpu line up .. simply speaking for performance cpus there will be no integrated graphics solution.

OP
Cilus

Cilus

laborare est orare
BTW, here is a review of FX-4350 and FX-6350. Google Translate.
As per the review, FX-4350 does have good amount of performance improvement over FX-4300 due to higher clock speed and full 8 MB L3 Cache. In Multi-threaded benchmarks, it is betaing i3 3220 by a good margin. Another interesting feature is that they all work with Intel's newly released OPenCL drivers and infact perfom better with than AMD's own APP SDK.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
this reminds me of the the Crysis game ... even though it was a TWIMTBP title it performed better on ATI gfx cards ;-)

OP
Cilus

Cilus

laborare est orare
I think now we can dump i3 3220 in favor of FX-6300. It is better than the i3 in every aspect.

OP
Cilus

Cilus

laborare est orare
Looks like now SMC is having the whole range of Piledriver and Bulldozer Processors including Bulldozer based FX 4130 (6.3K) and Piledriver based FX-4300 (6.6K) and FX-6300 (7.3K).

Check here: Amd

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the link .. the price of 5600K ( great to know it's available ), FX 8320 is really good only exception is FX 8350 .. anyway, I think from now on we will see FX 4300 / 6300 available with a lot more offline/onlne sellers.

Top Bottom