AMD Bulldozer News and Discussion

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^ That won't last for long thanks to sandybridge-e processors coming out.

i read somewhere that Intel is cutting the features of SB-E to launch it early to compete with BD.if this is the case then SB-E won't be having much performance boost and there is no meaning in going for it @ very high prices compared to current SB and future BD.

OP
Cilus

Cilus

laborare est orare
Yes, actually Intel is also facing problems to implement 22 nm fabrication process with their tri-gate Transistor and with the speed of progress, Sandybridge E can't be launched with all the speculated features in the time line they have disclosed earlier. So the processor as well as the new motherboard chipset, both are coming without some of the features which were promised earlier.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
a lil update...from the PR division
*twitter.com/#!/AMDphil/status/111469723018993664
On track to ship before the end of September and we are tracking to an expected Q4 launch and availability

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Thanks for twitter link. :)

i read somewhere that Intel is cutting the features of SB-E to launch it early to compete with BD.if this is the case then SB-E won't be having much performance boost and there is no meaning in going for it @ very high prices compared to current SB and future BD.

At the rumored price range, I'm not sure whether SB-E is going to dominate the market or not. So, we have to wait till Q2,2012 to get some really powerful CPUs. :cool:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
I feel bad for AMD.

SiSoft Leaks AMD FX "Zambezi" Scores: Worse Than Intel Core i7 - Bright Side Of News*

sukesh1090

Adam young
I feel bad for AMD.

SiSoft Leaks AMD FX "Zambezi" Scores: Worse Than Intel Core i7 - Bright Side Of News*

here is the report of that review:-D
AMD Bulldozer Benchmarks Released by SiSoftware were Fake - Lenzfire

here is another link,
*www.guru3d.com/news/amd-bulldozer-prelaunch-faq/

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Asus 9 Series BD mobo prices ;-)

Asus M5A97 @ 5.7k
Asus M5A97 PRO @ 6.8k
Asus M5A97 EVO @ 7.1k

Asus SABERTOTH 990FX @ 13k
Asus M5A99X EVO @ 10k

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ All from Delta Peripherals - also they have ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX at 14.7k - want to grab one , eh ;-)

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
Does any one know Bulldozer preorder have started already???
Here are the pricing
FX6100 X6 - $204.99
FX8120 x8 - $236.99
FX8150 x8 - $259.99

As against the top of the line x8 bd price of $320 the 8150 settles at $259.99~$266.99

Currently only three models are up for the pre-order
source:*www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display/..._Orders_on_AMD_s_FX_Series_Zambezi_Chips.html

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
I hope the 260$ price tag lower than i7 2600k's 299$ doesn't mean lower performance too, cuz that would be a HUGE Bummer!

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
Therotically...it has to pass 2600k in multithreaded applications.....now lets see the legit benchmarks first before jumping into conclusions...keeping my hopes up for the bulldozer performance.......the delivery will not be given till the first week of october for pre-order.
lets see how the world scenario changes after BD release.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I hope the 260$ price tag lower than i7 2600k's 299$ doesn't mean lower performance too, cuz that would be a HUGE Bummer!

Good. Again, I'm expecting a sharp fall of the price of i5-2400, i5-2500, i5-2500K, i7-2600, i7-2600K. (I'm greedy). :p

Top Bottom