AMD Bulldozer News and Discussion

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Improvement is there. See the 4 thread benchmarks.

Wasn't expecting any improvement in full 8 threaded benchmarks and there isn't any.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Improvement is there. See the 4 thread benchmarks.

Wasn't expecting any improvement in full 8 threaded benchmarks and there isn't any.

Was expecting a bit more. Still, any free improvement is welcome.

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
don't expect much brother,it is very difficult to tweak an existing os.the os should be built from the base to get the improvement.so expect a bit from win 8 but not much.the only way to see improvement in BD is waiting for pile driver.

OP
Cilus

Cilus

laborare est orare
Tomshardware has published a nice article about the Bulldozer performance after two Windows 7 Hotfix and UEFI upgrade. Check it out:-
AMD's FX-8150 After Two Windows 7 Hotfixes And UEFI Updates : Scheduling, Core Parking, And Throttling, Oh My!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ here's some more ;-)

AMD Bulldozer Performance-Patch: Updates von Microsoft im Test - Bulldozer Benchmarks mit KB2645594 und KB2646060 (2/3) - TweakPC
AMDFX

CitizenVish

Broken In
Here's Tom's comparative review of the AMD FX-4100 and the Intel Core i3 2100 in a more realistic setting:

AMD FX-4100 Vs. Intel Core i3: Exploring Game Performance With Cheap GPUs

There is not much difference in gaming between the two barring a couple of titles. Also, the FX-4100 is not overclocked here, so things might be different in the real world.

Personally, I do not see the Bulldozer as being the failure it is deemed to be. Yes, it is underwhelming but it's not OMG-end-of-the-world-for-AMD bad.

If the FX-4100 would be 1k cheaper (current pricing: INR 6600; theitwares.com), it may be the good buy.

^^^IMHO
:wink:

tkin

Back to school!!
Here's Tom's comparative review of the AMD FX-4100 and the Intel Core i3 2100 in a more realistic setting:

AMD FX-4100 Vs. Intel Core i3: Exploring Game Performance With Cheap GPUs

There is not much difference in gaming between the two barring a couple of titles. Also, the FX-4100 is not overclocked here, so things might be different in the real world.

Personally, I do not see the Bulldozer as being the failure it is deemed to be. Yes, it is underwhelming but it's not OMG-end-of-the-world-for-AMD bad.

If the FX-4100 would be 1k cheaper (current pricing: INR 6600; theitwares.com), it may be the good buy.

^^^IMHO
:wink:
BD is good, and honestly we need competition, but its out fault, we hyped BD too much, we thought it would be the next best thing.

Top Bottom