Altec Lansing ATP3 vs Logitech X-230

Status
Not open for further replies.

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Guys, pretty much confused btw the two....Altec Lansing ATP3 vs Logitech X-230

Which one is better in all respects....bass, treble n over-all quality?

A comparison(
bass, treble n over-all quality wise) wud b helpful....

Budget is arnd Rs. 2500 /-

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
bad_till_bones said:

A comparison(

More advices wud be helpful.... :confused: Helpout guys.... :(

crs_cwiz

Broken In
Hey guys, i Have a similar problem too, except that i want a decent 5.1 speaker set for my rig. I have settled for the Logitech X-530 (coz of fdd2 and nonavailability of x-540 in India) but i read in the forums that altec lansing is also very nice.... which one do i go for and wat will they cost me?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
X230 and X530 rulz in case of audio quality as it sports neodimium drivers which produces unmatched quality treble and the subwoofer also is topnotch for the price.
One of my close friend have X530 and is a very good product than my somewhat same priced Creative T6060. Its also better than Altec speakers at that price.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
bad_till_bones said:

A comparison(

Guys, plz tell btw these two.....no other choices plz....will add to my confusion :confused:

shantanu

Technomancer
Altec lansing is always the best in it class.. + its peak power is better

Altec lansing :

*www.imagehosting123.com/user_images/shan2129/altec.jpg

Specifications:

Drivers (per satellite): Two 28mm full range, One 3-inch mid/bass
Driver (subwoofer): One 6 1/2 inch long throw woofer
Frequency Response: 45 Hz - 18kHz
Satellite Power: 12 Watts RMS @ 1% THD
Subwoofer Power: 18 Watts RMS @ 1% THD
Input Impedance: >10K ohms
S/N Ratio: >70 dB
Built-in Power Supply Included
ETL/cETL approved
Features:

High quality, high performance three-piece system delivers powerful audio playback
Two dynamic microdrivers in each satellite deliver all the power and performance of a larger speaker
Down-firing 3-inch mid/bass driver reproduces low-end frequencies for full, rich sound
Speakers are magnetically shielded to prevent monitor interference
Powered wooden subwoofer extends the low frequency response for realistic sound
Separate controls for master volume, bass and treble provide flexibility in sound mix
Slim profile design complements flat screen monitors perfectly

Logitech:

*www.imagehosting123.com/user_images/shan2129/logi.jpg

Crank up the audio on your PC with this 2.1 speaker system and enjoy clean, crisp, consistent sound from your games, music, and more.

The Logitech X-230's high-tech subwoofer adjusts itself dynamically to deliver distortion-free bass. And the two wall-mountable satellite speakers use Logitech´s patented FDD2™ technology to eliminate the uneven sound response created by conventional dual-driver designs. The result: a clear, uniform sound field without the "hot spots" and inconsistency of other dual-driver satellites.

Frequency Directed Dual Driver (FDD2) satellite technology produces a uniform sound field for full, rich sound
Dynamic, real-time bass equalization maximizes bass response while minimizing distortion
Ported subwoofer design displaces more air for deeper bass
Headphone jack enables private listening
Master volume and subwoofer level controls placed for quick, convenient access
Satellite speaker stands rotate for easy wall-mounting

Technical Specifications

Total RMS power: 32 watts RMS
Satellites: 12 watts RMS (6 watts x 2)
Subwoofer: 20 watts RMS
Total peak power: 64 watts
Frequency response: 40Hz - 20kHz
Drivers:
Satellites: (2) 2" drivers per satellite
Subwoofer: 5.25" ported driver
Speaker dimensions (H x W x D):
Satellites: 8" x 2.5" x 3"
Subwoofer: 9" x 6" x 9.25"
Signal-to-noise ratio: >96dB

for more info
*www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/CA/EN,CRID=2173,CONTENTID=9066

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
bad_till_bones said:
Guys, plz tell btw these two.....no other choices plz....will add to my confusion :confused:
atp is around 2500 or more ?????ebay listed the same for 3100 including shipping ???and is there any chance of duplicate in altec product ..there is duplicates of creative everywhere:(

shantanu

Technomancer
there can be duplicate in everything.. even my comp. discovered he had a duplicate :D:D:D thats me :D

joking :D:D:D

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Thnx a lot Shantanu, but don't u think Logitech takes an edge over Altec Lansing ATP3 according to the configurations tht u mentioned above....

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
I havent heard the Logitech but own the Atp3, by far the best speakers i ever owned ,iam absolutely satisfied with these speakers. Throw movies ,music ,HD vids at it and it plays relentlessly. I especially love the woofer.

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
shantanu_webmaster said:
there can be duplicate in everything.. even my comp. discovered he had a duplicate :D:D:D thats me :D

joking :D:D:D

he he he :D
I havent heard the Logitech but own the Atp3, by far the best speakers i ever owned ,iam absolutely satisfied with these speakers. Throw movies ,music ,HD vids at it and it plays relentlessly. I especially love the woofer.
i agree, after seeing atp has won in digit test this month :)

Last edited:

crs_cwiz

Broken In
well, it has won the test, but if you notice properly, x-230 has a higher performance (highest, in fact) for a few hundred bucks more.. as for 5.1, even the logitech speakers weren't reviewed, including the z-5500. perplexing...

By, the way guys, what abt a z-5300, is it nice? My dealer told me to spend some more money and get a thx certified speaker set. He quoted the Logitech z-5300 at Rs. 11250/-. Is the deal nice??

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
The prics shud have benn some 500 bucks less, but seems ok, as price changes from place to place.
Z 5300 is one of the mindblowing speaker at that price range. It has 280w RMS nd only heard 'GR8' from every reviews i read. Its clarity come close to Z 5500, but at lower power.

crs_cwiz

Broken In
Finally got the z-5300, it's huge, but as you rightly said, mind blowing!!. My windows really shook with this system. Thanks guys!!!

BTW.. I'd really go for Logitech X-230 if i had to make a decision...

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Guys, today went out to take a demo of both the speakers - Altec Lansing ATP3 vs Logitech X-230.

Might b the surrounding difference of the shop's or anything, but found the bass of Logitech X230 more superior than Altec Lansing ATP3. However, also felt that the Logi one was giving bass on everything, even on those where it was not really needed..... :rolleyes:

One thing more, the Altec Lansing sub-woofer, that has a speaker opening at the bottom, was kept on a 1-2 inch thick glass. Can this b the reason of its low bass, as glass acts as a good sound absorber.......plus the Altec Lansing shop was pretty much crowded (both instruments + ppl) and the Logi one was a hall type n total empty (mentioning this, if it can help in telling the sound difference tht I felt). Pretty much confused really..... :confused:

mediator

Technomancer
gurujee said:
i agree, after seeing atp has won in digit test this month
ATP has won becoz of its price. I suggest u read the pages again carefully! I dont trust Digit's comparison in this regard!

Its the latest/march edition and they gave the price as Rs. 3400 for Altec Lansing ATP3 whereas my brother bought it for Rs.2400 and that too in december! Recently I bought "altec lansing 151i" 5.1 speakers. I bought it for Rs.2800 and performance is rock solid!

My cousin has ATP3. The sound is excellent. I find both ATP3 and 151i same on 2.1 mode, but when the surround mode is enabled on 151i, then its simply amazing!

Not sure, but the price of ATP3 was around 1400 bucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom